|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(b) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
(c) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(d) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
2. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She does not appeal to them.
(b) She attracts them.
(c) She is hated by them.
(d) She confuses them.
3. As an a adult, how does Karintha feel about men?
(a) She loves them.
(b) She has contempt for them.
(c) She fears them.
(d) She needs them.
4. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(a) Late night.
5. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
(a) Onto the page.
(b) Into others' hearts.
(c) In song.
(d) In God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Becky's house?
2. What do all of the men in Karintha's life want to bring her?
3. To what are the woman's muscles in "Face" compared?
4. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
5. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)