|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(b) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(c) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(d) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
2. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
(b) Play cards.
(c) Play horseshoes.
3. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
(a) Love like a lamb
(b) Wilt like a flower.
(c) Sink in the sand.
(d) Ripen too soon.
4. How is Karintha's skin described?
(a) Dusk on the eastern horizon.
(b) The color of newly plowed earth.
(c) A river of chocolate.
(d) Sweet as nectar.
5. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
2. The poem "Evening Song" is an ode to whom?
3. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
4. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
5. Who is observing the forest in "Nullo"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)