|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
2. How is Esther described physically?
3. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
(a) The cotton plant.
(b) The sawmill.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The factory.
4. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She relishes in it.
(c) She is embarrassed by it.
(d) She is angry.
5. Of what are scythes made?
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem "Evening Song" is an ode to whom?
2. How many times has Karintha been married?
3. What did Karintha do as a child?
4. What specifically is stated as not happening in the forest in "Nullo"?
5. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)