|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(b) They make love.
(c) Fern begins to undress.
(d) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
2. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
(a) Onto the page.
(b) In song.
(c) Into others' hearts.
(d) In God.
3. According to the cotton song, how does God feel about picking cotton?
(a) He thinks that it is good work.
(b) He cares not what we do on Earth.
(c) He thinks that it is sustained slavery.
(d) He thinks it is an abomination.
4. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
(a) It caused strange things to happen.
(b) It came at a strange time of year.
(c) It poisoned the birds.
(d) The cotton plant did not normally flower.
5. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
(a) That it is broken into.
(b) That it is on fire.
(c) That it crumbles to the ground.
(d) That she and Barlo own it.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Karintha give birth to her child?
2. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
3. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
4. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
5. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)