|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
(a) Ripen too soon.
(b) Sink in the sand.
(c) Wilt like a flower.
(d) Love like a lamb
2. At what age does the smoke hang in the air for so long that people can taste it in the water?
(a) When Karintha is 12.
(b) When Karintha is a woman.
(c) When Karintha is elderly.
(d) When Karintha is a child.
3. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
4. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
(a) A tree leaf.
(b) A royal crown.
(c) A plum seed.
(d) A bird's nest.
5. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
(a) That it crumbles to the ground.
(b) That she and Barlo own it.
(c) That it is broken into.
(d) That it is on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
2. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
3. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
4. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
5. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)