|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) Fern begins to undress.
(b) They make love.
(c) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(d) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
2. In "Evening Song", to what is Cloine compared?
(a) The body.
3. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
4. With what does the poem "Nullo" primarily deal?
5. Where was Becky's house?
(a) In a forest.
(b) Next to the railroad tracks.
(c) In the center of town.
(d) On a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cloine do while the speaker observes her?
2. How many times has Karintha been married?
3. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
4. According to the cotton song, how does God feel about picking cotton?
5. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)