|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) The crudest melodrama.
(b) The saddest tragedy.
(c) The finest love story.
(d) A dastardly debacle.
2. What did Karintha do as a child?
(a) Gossiped about her peers.
(b) Danced with older boys.
(c) Loved to read.
(d) Played baseball.
3. With what does the poem "Nullo" primarily deal?
4. What animal has been walking in the forest as evidenced by imprints in "Nullo"?
5. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
(a) An angel child.
(b) A field worker.
(c) A churchgoer.
(d) A Jewish cantor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
2. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
3. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
4. According to the cotton song, how does God feel about picking cotton?
5. Where was Becky's house?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)