|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) The crudest melodrama.
(b) The finest love story.
(c) A dastardly debacle.
(d) The saddest tragedy.
2. How does the woman personified with the face seem to be?
(c) In love.
3. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
(a) The cotton plant did not normally flower.
(b) It poisoned the birds.
(c) It caused strange things to happen.
(d) It came at a strange time of year.
4. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
5. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
2. The pine needles are so quiet in "Nullo" that which animal does not even hear their falling?
3. Upon which of Cloine's body parts is the speaker fixated?
4. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
5. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)