|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
(c) Judgment Day.
2. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
(a) A boy.
(b) The plantation owner's son.
(c) The slaves' ancestors.
3. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
4. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They sharpen them.
(b) They use them as tools.
(c) They attach to them.
(d) They cut with them.
5. The pine needles are so quiet in "Nullo" that which animal does not even hear their falling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon which of Cloine's body parts is the speaker fixated?
2. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
3. Where was Becky's house?
4. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
5. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)