|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) She came to the market.
(b) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(c) They saw her through the windows.
(d) Her sons told the townspeople.
2. What animal has been walking in the forest as evidenced by imprints in "Nullo"?
3. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
(a) An angel child.
(b) A Jewish cantor.
(c) A churchgoer.
(d) A field worker.
4. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is disgusted by him.
(d) She is dependent upon him.
5. What did Karintha do as a child?
(a) Loved to read.
(b) Played baseball.
(c) Gossiped about her peers.
(d) Danced with older boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Karintha give birth to her child?
2. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
3. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
4. How does the speaker feel about Cloine?
5. With what does the poem "Nullo" primarily deal?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)