|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karintha do as a child?
(a) Gossiped about her peers.
(b) Loved to read.
(c) Danced with older boys.
(d) Played baseball.
2. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She didn't take a lover.
(b) She hated Bane.
(c) She wanted attention.
(d) She was bored.
3. What specifically is stated as not happening in the forest in "Nullo"?
(a) There are no people.
(b) It is not on fire.
(c) It is not raining.
(d) It is not windy.
4. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
5. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is embarrassed by it.
(c) She relishes in it.
(d) She is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
2. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
3. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
4. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
5. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)