|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Carma described?
2. In "Evening Song", to what is Cloine compared?
(a) The body.
3. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She confuses them.
(b) She is hated by them.
(c) She does not appeal to them.
(d) She attracts them.
4. How was the cotton described during November?
5. Which celestial orb does the author use in "Evening Song" to describe Cloine?
(a) The sun.
(b) The Earth.
(c) The moon.
(d) The stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
2. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
3. How does the speaker feel about Cloine?
4. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
5. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)