|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
(a) The cotton plant did not normally flower.
(b) It came at a strange time of year.
(c) It caused strange things to happen.
(d) It poisoned the birds.
2. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(b) Late night.
3. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
(a) Love like a lamb
(b) Ripen too soon.
(c) Sink in the sand.
(d) Wilt like a flower.
4. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) She came to the market.
(b) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(c) They saw her through the windows.
(d) Her sons told the townspeople.
5. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
(a) Into others' hearts.
(b) In God.
(c) Onto the page.
(d) In song.
Short Answer Questions
1. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
2. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
3. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
4. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
5. What do all of the men in Karintha's life want to bring her?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)