|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They cut with them.
(b) They sharpen them.
(c) They attach to them.
(d) They use them as tools.
2. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
3. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
4. According to the cotton song, how does God feel about picking cotton?
(a) He thinks that it is sustained slavery.
(b) He cares not what we do on Earth.
(c) He thinks that it is good work.
(d) He thinks it is an abomination.
5. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
2. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
3. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
4. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
5. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)