|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
(a) That she is promiscuous.
(b) Only her name.
(c) Her line of work.
(d) That she is loved by many.
2. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
(a) Her father.
(b) The preacher.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her boyfriend.
3. What did Karintha do as a child?
(a) Played baseball.
(b) Loved to read.
(c) Danced with older boys.
(d) Gossiped about her peers.
4. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) Her sons told the townspeople.
(b) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(c) She came to the market.
(d) They saw her through the windows.
5. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Folk songs.
(b) Church songs.
(c) Field songs.
(d) Blues songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Carma take a lover?
2. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
3. At what age does the smoke hang in the air for so long that people can taste it in the water?
4. How is the soil described in "Song of the Son"?
5. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)