|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
(a) The plantation manager's voice.
(b) The cotton picker's voice.
(c) God's voice.
(d) The preacher's voice.
2. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She relishes in it.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is embarrassed by it.
3. How does the woman personified with the face seem to be?
(d) In love.
4. What animals were described as searching for water?
5. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
2. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
3. Why did Carma take a lover?
4. What did Carma shoot?
5. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)