|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Play horseshoes.
(d) Play cards.
2. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
(a) It came at a strange time of year.
(b) The cotton plant did not normally flower.
(c) It poisoned the birds.
(d) It caused strange things to happen.
3. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
4. As an a adult, how does Karintha feel about men?
(a) She needs them.
(b) She has contempt for them.
(c) She loves them.
(d) She fears them.
5. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
Short Answer Questions
1. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
2. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
3. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
4. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
5. What did Karintha do as a child?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)