|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Mean; nice.
(b) Poor; rich.
(c) White; black.
(d) Strong; weak.
2. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
3. Where was Becky's house?
(a) Next to the railroad tracks.
(b) In the center of town.
(c) In a forest.
(d) On a farm.
4. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
(a) They offered assistance to Becky.
(b) They shunned Becky.
(c) They adopted the child.
(d) They threw Becky a baby shower.
5. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They use them as tools.
(b) They sharpen them.
(c) They attach to them.
(d) They cut with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the text, how many rooms do typical homes in Georgia have?
2. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
3. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
4. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
5. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)