|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
(a) It came at a strange time of year.
(b) The cotton plant did not normally flower.
(c) It caused strange things to happen.
(d) It poisoned the birds.
2. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
(a) The preacher's voice.
(b) God's voice.
(c) The cotton picker's voice.
(d) The plantation manager's voice.
3. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They use them as tools.
(b) They sharpen them.
(c) They attach to them.
(d) They cut with them.
4. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She relishes in it.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is embarrassed by it.
5. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
2. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
3. How is Carma described?
4. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
5. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)