|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) Fern begins to undress.
(b) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(c) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(d) They make love.
2. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rat.
3. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
(a) A tree leaf.
(b) A bird's nest.
(c) A plum seed.
(d) A royal crown.
4. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to possess her.
(b) They want to protect her.
(c) They want to run her out of town.
(d) They want to marry her.
5. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She relishes in it.
(c) She is embarrassed by it.
(d) She is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
2. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
3. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
4. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
5. How many times has Karintha been married?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)