|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(b) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(c) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(d) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
2. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) White; black.
(b) Strong; weak.
(c) Mean; nice.
(d) Poor; rich.
3. How was the cotton described during November?
4. On what does Karintha give birth to her child?
(a) Pine needles.
(b) An old blanket.
(c) A wooden floor.
(d) A grassy field.
5. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
(d) Judgment Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karintha express her anger?
2. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
3. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
4. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
5. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)