|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
(a) A royal crown.
(b) A tree leaf.
(c) A bird's nest.
(d) A plum seed.
2. On what does Karintha give birth to her child?
(a) A wooden floor.
(b) Pine needles.
(c) A grassy field.
(d) An old blanket.
3. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
4. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to run her out of town.
(b) They want to possess her.
(c) They want to marry her.
(d) They want to protect her.
5. What did Karintha do as a child?
(a) Danced with older boys.
(b) Played baseball.
(c) Loved to read.
(d) Gossiped about her peers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
2. How is the soil described in "Song of the Son"?
3. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
4. What do the cotton pickers wear?
5. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)