|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Karintha been married?
(d) Many times.
2. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(b) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(c) Fern begins to undress.
(d) They make love.
3. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
4. Where was Becky's house?
(a) Next to the railroad tracks.
(b) In the center of town.
(c) In a forest.
(d) On a farm.
5. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She relishes in it.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is embarrassed by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
2. Of what are scythes made?
3. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
4. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
5. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)