|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Play cards.
(c) Play horseshoes.
2. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
(a) The wells.
(b) The pipes.
(c) The rivers.
(d) The streams.
3. What did Karintha do as a child?
(a) Loved to read.
(b) Danced with older boys.
(c) Gossiped about her peers.
(d) Played baseball.
4. Where was Becky's house?
(a) Next to the railroad tracks.
(b) On a farm.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In the center of town.
5. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
(a) Into others' hearts.
(b) Onto the page.
(c) In song.
(d) In God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the cotton described during November?
2. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
3. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
4. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
5. What do all of the men in Karintha's life want to bring her?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)