|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
2. What do all of the men in Karintha's life want to bring her?
3. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
(a) That she is promiscuous.
(b) Her line of work.
(c) That she is loved by many.
(d) Only her name.
4. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She relishes in it.
(b) She is embarrassed by it.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is angry.
5. How does the woman personified with the face seem to be?
(a) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
2. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
3. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
4. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
5. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)