|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They use them as tools.
(b) They attach to them.
(c) They sharpen them.
(d) They cut with them.
2. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
(a) A bird's nest.
(b) A tree leaf.
(c) A plum seed.
(d) A royal crown.
3. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Play horseshoes.
(b) Play cards.
4. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
(a) The streams.
(b) The rivers.
(c) The pipes.
(d) The wells.
5. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She didn't take a lover.
(b) She was bored.
(c) She hated Bane.
(d) She wanted attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Carma described?
2. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
3. At what age does the smoke hang in the air for so long that people can taste it in the water?
4. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
5. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)