|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
(d) Their problems.
2. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) The preacher.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her father.
3. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) A dastardly debacle.
(b) The finest love story.
(c) The saddest tragedy.
(d) The crudest melodrama.
4. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(a) Late night.
5. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is embarrassed by it.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She relishes in it.
(d) She is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
2. Why did Carma take a lover?
3. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
4. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
5. How does Karintha express her anger?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)