|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
(a) Into others' hearts.
(b) In God.
(c) Onto the page.
(d) In song.
2. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
(d) Judgment Day.
3. Where was Becky's house?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In the center of town.
(c) In a forest.
(d) Next to the railroad tracks.
4. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
5. How is Karintha's skin described?
(a) A river of chocolate.
(b) Sweet as nectar.
(c) Dusk on the eastern horizon.
(d) The color of newly plowed earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what are scythes made?
2. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
3. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
4. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
5. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)