|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
(a) The cotton plant.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The sawmill.
(d) The factory.
2. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
(a) That she is promiscuous.
(b) That she is loved by many.
(c) Her line of work.
(d) Only her name.
3. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) She came to the market.
(b) Her sons told the townspeople.
(c) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(d) They saw her through the windows.
4. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bird.
5. How does Karintha express her anger?
(a) Hurting people's feelings.
(b) Breaking things.
(d) Screaming and hitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
2. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
3. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
4. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
5. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)