|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Fern".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She didn't take a lover.
(b) She wanted attention.
(c) She was bored.
(d) She hated Bane.
2. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
(a) The preacher.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her boyfriend.
3. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
(a) The plantation owner's son.
(b) A boy.
(d) The slaves' ancestors.
4. How many times has Karintha been married?
(d) Many times.
5. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(b) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
(c) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(d) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the soil described in "Song of the Son"?
2. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
3. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
4. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
5. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)