|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Carma".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
2. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
3. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her father.
(c) The preacher.
(d) Her boyfriend.
4. What did Carma shoot?
(a) A deer.
5. According to the cotton song, what is the salvation of Judgment Day?
(a) Entrance into heaven.
(b) Absolution of sins.
(c) Freedom from slavery.
(d) Eternal food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman personified with the face seem to be?
2. What do all of the men in Karintha's life want to bring her?
3. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
4. How is Karintha's skin described?
5. What do the cotton pickers wear?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)