|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Carma".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
(a) The preacher's voice.
(b) The plantation manager's voice.
(c) God's voice.
(d) The cotton picker's voice.
2. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
(a) They offered assistance to Becky.
(b) They shunned Becky.
(c) They adopted the child.
(d) They threw Becky a baby shower.
3. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) The preacher.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her boyfriend.
4. According to the text, how many rooms do typical homes in Georgia have?
5. How many sons did Becky have?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
2. What do the cotton pickers wear?
3. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
4. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
5. Of what are scythes made?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)