|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Carma".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They attach to them.
(b) They use them as tools.
(c) They cut with them.
(d) They sharpen them.
2. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Poor; rich.
(b) Mean; nice.
(c) Strong; weak.
(d) White; black.
3. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
(a) God's voice.
(b) The plantation manager's voice.
(c) The preacher's voice.
(d) The cotton picker's voice.
4. What did Karintha do as a child?
(a) Loved to read.
(b) Gossiped about her peers.
(c) Played baseball.
(d) Danced with older boys.
5. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
2. As an a adult, how does Karintha feel about men?
3. How is Carma described?
4. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
5. How many sons did Becky have?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)