|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Carma".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the cotton pickers wear?
(c) No shoes.
(d) Leather shoes.
2. According to the cotton song, what is the salvation of Judgment Day?
(a) Freedom from slavery.
(b) Entrance into heaven.
(c) Absolution of sins.
(d) Eternal food.
3. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They sharpen them.
(b) They attach to them.
(c) They cut with them.
(d) They use them as tools.
4. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
(a) The plantation manager's voice.
(b) God's voice.
(c) The cotton picker's voice.
(d) The preacher's voice.
5. On what does Karintha give birth to her child?
(a) Pine needles.
(b) A grassy field.
(c) An old blanket.
(d) A wooden floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
2. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
3. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
4. How does Karintha express her anger?
5. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)