|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Carma".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does the smoke hang in the air for so long that people can taste it in the water?
(a) When Karintha is 12.
(b) When Karintha is elderly.
(c) When Karintha is a child.
(d) When Karintha is a woman.
2. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
(a) The cotton picker's voice.
(b) The plantation manager's voice.
(c) The preacher's voice.
(d) God's voice.
3. How does the woman personified with the face seem to be?
(a) In love.
4. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
(a) They threw Becky a baby shower.
(b) They offered assistance to Becky.
(c) They adopted the child.
(d) They shunned Becky.
5. To what are the woman's muscles in "Face" compared?
(a) The hard ground.
(b) A cluster of grapes.
(c) A rippling river.
(d) A stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
2. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
3. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
4. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
5. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)