|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Carma".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman personified with the face seem to be?
(a) In love.
2. According to the cotton song, what is the salvation of Judgment Day?
(a) Freedom from slavery.
(b) Entrance into heaven.
(c) Eternal food.
(d) Absolution of sins.
3. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Poor; rich.
(b) White; black.
(c) Strong; weak.
(d) Mean; nice.
4. How many times has Karintha been married?
(a) Many times.
5. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
(a) The cotton picker's voice.
(b) God's voice.
(c) The preacher's voice.
(d) The plantation manager's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
2. As an a adult, how does Karintha feel about men?
3. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
4. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
5. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)