|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Face".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
(d) Their problems.
2. At what age does the smoke hang in the air for so long that people can taste it in the water?
(a) When Karintha is a child.
(b) When Karintha is elderly.
(c) When Karintha is 12.
(d) When Karintha is a woman.
3. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They attach to them.
(b) They use them as tools.
(c) They sharpen them.
(d) They cut with them.
4. To what are the woman's muscles in "Face" compared?
(a) A rippling river.
(b) The hard ground.
(c) A cluster of grapes.
(d) A stone.
5. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
(a) It caused strange things to happen.
(b) It came at a strange time of year.
(c) The cotton plant did not normally flower.
(d) It poisoned the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Karintha give birth to her child?
2. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
3. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
4. How many sons did Becky have?
5. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)