Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Esther".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which celestial orb does the author use in "Evening Song" to describe Cloine?
(a) The Earth.
(b) The sun.
(c) The moon.
(d) The stars.
2. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rat.
3. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
4. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(b) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(c) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(d) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
5. To what type of tree does the poem "Nullo" refer?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
2. Upon which of Cloine's body parts is the speaker fixated?
3. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
4. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
5. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)