|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 "Box Seat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the rain dripping in "Storm Ending"?
(a) It is pouring.
(b) It is galing.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is sprinkling.
2. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(b) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
(c) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(d) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
3. How does the woman personified with the face seem to be?
(a) In love.
4. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
5. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last image of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
2. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
3. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
4. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
5. What is the physical stature of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)