|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 "Box Seat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) The saddest tragedy.
(b) The finest love story.
(c) A dastardly debacle.
(d) The crudest melodrama.
2. What does Cloine do while the speaker observes her?
(b) Works the field.
(d) Sits on her porch.
3. What type of bee is the speaker in "Beehive"?
4. What is the hair of the woman described compared to in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A lyncher's rope.
(c) A dog's tail.
5. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
2. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
3. What fills the sky in the second half of "Storm Ending"?
4. How is the flesh of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
5. What did Carma shoot?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)