|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 "Box Seat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Rhobert's legs bowed?
(a) He had rickets as a child.
(b) His bones did not form correctly.
(c) He is burdened with the weight of the world.
(d) He was beaten as a child.
2. What part of the street does the speaker use in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" to describe the woman?
(a) A streetlamp.
(b) The curved curb.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) A smooth pavement.
3. What does Cloine do while the speaker observes her?
(c) Sits on her porch.
(d) Works the field.
4. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(b) They make love.
(c) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(d) Fern begins to undress.
5. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(b) Late night.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
2. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
3. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
4. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
5. In "Evening Song", to what is Cloine compared?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)