|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 "Box Seat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Blues songs.
(b) Church songs.
(c) Field songs.
(d) Folk songs.
2. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) A dastardly debacle.
(b) The finest love story.
(c) The crudest melodrama.
(d) The saddest tragedy.
3. What is the last image of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
(a) The lightning striking.
(b) The sun shining.
(c) The moon glowing.
(d) The lake gleaming.
4. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
5. Where are Muriel, Bernice, and Dan going to see the show?
(a) Edgewood Theater.
(b) Ross Theater.
(c) Grand Theater.
(d) Lincoln Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
2. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
3. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
4. What does Cloine do while the speaker observes her?
5. In "Portrait in Georgia", of what does the breath of the woman described breath smell?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)