|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 "Box Seat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(b) They make love.
(c) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(d) Fern begins to undress.
2. How is Carma described?
3. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(b) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
(c) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(d) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
4. What is the overall appearance of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
5. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
Short Answer Questions
1. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
2. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
3. What is the last image of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
4. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
5. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)