|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Georgia Dusk".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons did Becky have?
2. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
(c) Their problems.
3. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) The finest love story.
(b) The saddest tragedy.
(c) A dastardly debacle.
(d) The crudest melodrama.
4. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
5. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Field songs.
(b) Church songs.
(c) Blues songs.
(d) Folk songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what are scythes made?
2. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
3. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
4. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
5. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)