|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Georgia Dusk".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
2. Of what are scythes made?
3. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
(a) The cotton plant.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The sawmill.
(d) The factory.
4. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They use them as tools.
(b) They cut with them.
(c) They sharpen them.
(d) They attach to them.
5. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) Her sons told the townspeople.
(b) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(c) She came to the market.
(d) They saw her through the windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Becky's house?
2. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
3. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
4. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
5. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)