|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Georgia Dusk".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
2. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bird.
(c) A rat.
(d) A dog.
3. Where was Becky's house?
(a) In the center of town.
(b) Next to the railroad tracks.
(c) In a forest.
(d) On a farm.
4. What color is the hair of the old woman described in "Face"?
(a) Sunny blond.
(b) Jet black.
(c) Earth brown.
(d) Silver gray.
5. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Strong; weak.
(b) Mean; nice.
(c) Poor; rich.
(d) White; black.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
2. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
3. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
4. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
5. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)