|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) She came to the market.
(b) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(c) Her sons told the townspeople.
(d) They saw her through the windows.
2. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to possess her.
(b) They want to run her out of town.
(c) They want to protect her.
(d) They want to marry her.
3. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She does not appeal to them.
(b) She confuses them.
(c) She is hated by them.
(d) She attracts them.
4. Seventh Street is located in which city?
(a) Kansas City, Kansas.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
5. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She hated Bane.
(b) She wanted attention.
(c) She didn't take a lover.
(d) She was bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
2. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
3. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
4. What did Carma shoot?
5. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)