|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Poor; rich.
(b) White; black.
(c) Strong; weak.
(d) Mean; nice.
2. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
(a) Their problems.
3. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(a) No gambling.
(b) Anti-interracial marriage.
(c) First Amendment.
4. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She is dependent upon him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is disgusted by him.
(d) She hates him.
5. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(d) There is no racial majority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seventh Street is located in which city?
2. Who lives on Seventh Street?
3. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
4. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
5. How is Esther described physically?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)