|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) Her sons told the townspeople.
(b) She came to the market.
(c) They saw her through the windows.
(d) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
2. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(b) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(c) Fern begins to undress.
(d) They make love.
3. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She does not appeal to them.
(b) She confuses them.
(c) She is hated by them.
(d) She attracts them.
4. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to marry her.
(b) They want to protect her.
(c) They want to run her out of town.
(d) They want to possess her.
5. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is disgusted by him.
(c) She is dependent upon him.
(d) She loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
2. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
3. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
4. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
5. Where was Becky's house?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)