|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
2. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She is dependent upon him.
(b) She is disgusted by him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She hates him.
3. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(a) Anti-interracial marriage.
(b) No gambling.
(c) First Amendment.
4. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(a) Knifes the men helping him.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Kisses Carma.
5. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Strong; weak.
(b) Poor; rich.
(c) Mean; nice.
(d) White; black.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
2. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
3. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
4. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
5. Where was Becky's house?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)