|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
(b) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(c) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(d) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
2. Seventh Street is located in which city?
(a) Kansas City, Kansas.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
3. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She wanted attention.
(b) She was bored.
(c) She hated Bane.
(d) She didn't take a lover.
4. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
5. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(a) There is no racial majority.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons did Becky have?
2. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
3. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
4. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
5. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)