|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Poor; rich.
(b) Mean; nice.
(c) Strong; weak.
(d) White; black.
2. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is embarrassed by it.
(d) She relishes in it.
3. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(c) Black skin.
4. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(a) No gambling.
(c) Anti-interracial marriage.
(d) First Amendment.
5. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She does not appeal to them.
(b) She attracts them.
(c) She is hated by them.
(d) She confuses them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
2. How is Carma described?
3. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
4. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
5. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)