|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She relishes in it.
(c) She is embarrassed by it.
(d) She is indifferent.
2. What did Carma shoot?
(b) A deer.
3. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(d) There is no racial majority.
4. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(b) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(c) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(d) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
5. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(b) They saw her through the windows.
(c) Her sons told the townspeople.
(d) She came to the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Carma described?
2. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
3. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
4. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
5. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)