|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She does not appeal to them.
(b) She attracts them.
(c) She is hated by them.
(d) She confuses them.
2. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(a) Black skin.
3. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(a) No gambling.
(c) Anti-interracial marriage.
(d) First Amendment.
4. How is Esther described physically?
5. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
(a) An angel child.
(b) A Jewish cantor.
(c) A field worker.
(d) A churchgoer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
2. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
3. Why did Carma take a lover?
4. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
5. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)