|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(b) Knifes the men helping him.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Kisses Carma.
2. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She confuses them.
(b) She is hated by them.
(c) She does not appeal to them.
(d) She attracts them.
3. How many sons did Becky have?
4. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) She came to the market.
(b) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(c) They saw her through the windows.
(d) Her sons told the townspeople.
5. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
(a) King Barlo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
2. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
3. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
4. Why did Carma take a lover?
5. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)