|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(a) There is no racial majority.
2. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(b) They make love.
(c) Fern begins to undress.
(d) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
3. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Knifes the men helping him.
(c) Kisses Carma.
4. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) They saw her through the windows.
(b) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(c) Her sons told the townspeople.
(d) She came to the market.
5. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
(a) They adopted the child.
(b) They shunned Becky.
(c) They offered assistance to Becky.
(d) They threw Becky a baby shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Esther described physically?
2. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
3. Seventh Street is located in which city?
4. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
5. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)