|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
2. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to marry her.
(b) They want to protect her.
(c) They want to possess her.
(d) They want to run her out of town.
3. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(a) Black skin.
4. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Strong; weak.
(b) White; black.
(c) Mean; nice.
(d) Poor; rich.
5. Seventh Street is located in which city?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Kansas City, Kansas.
Short Answer Questions
1. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
2. How is Carma described?
3. What did Carma shoot?
4. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
5. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)