|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seventh Street is located in which city?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Kansas City, Kansas.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to marry her.
(b) They want to protect her.
(c) They want to run her out of town.
(d) They want to possess her.
3. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(a) Anti-interracial marriage.
(b) No gambling.
(d) First Amendment.
4. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(b) She came to the market.
(c) Her sons told the townspeople.
(d) They saw her through the windows.
5. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(c) There is no racial majority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
2. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
3. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
4. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
5. What did Carma shoot?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)