|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She relishes in it.
(d) She is embarrassed by it.
2. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(d) There is no racial majority.
3. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(a) Kisses Carma.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Knifes the men helping him.
4. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(b) Black skin.
5. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(b) Anti-interracial marriage.
(c) First Amendment.
(d) No gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
2. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
3. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
4. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
5. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)