|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She is dependent upon him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is disgusted by him.
(d) She hates him.
2. Who lives on Seventh Street?
3. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is embarrassed by it.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She relishes in it.
(d) She is angry.
4. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) Civil Rights Movement.
(b) Abolition of slavery.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
5. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) They make love.
(b) Fern begins to undress.
(c) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(d) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
2. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
3. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
4. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
5. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)