|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(a) First Amendment.
(c) Anti-interracial marriage.
(d) No gambling.
2. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(d) Black skin.
3. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Knifes the men helping him.
(d) Kisses Carma.
4. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) World War I.
(b) Civil Rights Movement.
(c) World War II.
(d) Abolition of slavery.
5. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
(b) Their problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
2. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
3. How is Esther described physically?
4. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
5. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)