|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(b) They make love.
(c) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(d) Fern begins to undress.
2. How is Esther described physically?
3. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She does not appeal to them.
(b) She attracts them.
(c) She is hated by them.
(d) She confuses them.
4. Seventh Street is located in which city?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Kansas City, Kansas.
(d) New York, New York.
5. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
2. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
3. How many sons did Becky have?
4. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
5. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)