|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
(d) King Barlo.
2. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
(a) A field worker.
(b) A Jewish cantor.
(c) An angel child.
(d) A churchgoer.
3. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(b) First Amendment.
(c) Anti-interracial marriage.
(d) No gambling.
4. Where was Becky's house?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In a forest.
(c) Next to the railroad tracks.
(d) In the center of town.
5. How is Esther described physically?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
2. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
3. How many sons did Becky have?
4. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
5. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)