|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) The saddest tragedy.
(b) The finest love story.
(c) A dastardly debacle.
(d) The crudest melodrama.
2. Where was Becky's house?
(a) Next to the railroad tracks.
(b) In the center of town.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In a forest.
3. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) They saw her through the windows.
(b) She came to the market.
(c) Her sons told the townspeople.
(d) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
4. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She relishes in it.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is embarrassed by it.
5. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(b) Knifes the men helping him.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Kisses Carma.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
2. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
3. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
4. What did Carma shoot?
5. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)