|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) The saddest tragedy.
(b) The finest love story.
(c) A dastardly debacle.
(d) The crudest melodrama.
2. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(a) Black skin.
3. How is Esther described physically?
4. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
5. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
(a) Her line of work.
(b) That she is loved by many.
(c) Only her name.
(d) That she is promiscuous.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
2. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
3. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
4. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
5. Why did Carma take a lover?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)