|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Carma described?
2. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(c) Black skin.
3. How is Esther described physically?
4. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She is dependent upon him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is disgusted by him.
(d) She hates him.
5. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) World War II.
(b) Civil Rights Movement.
(c) Abolition of slavery.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
2. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
3. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
4. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
5. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)