|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She hated Bane.
(b) She wanted attention.
(c) She didn't take a lover.
(d) She was bored.
2. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
3. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She is dependent upon him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is disgusted by him.
(d) She hates him.
4. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(b) Black skin.
5. Where was Becky's house?
(a) On a farm.
(b) Next to the railroad tracks.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In the center of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
2. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
3. How is Esther described physically?
4. How is Carma described?
5. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)