|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) Abolition of slavery.
(b) Civil Rights Movement.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
2. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
3. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to protect her.
(b) They want to possess her.
(c) They want to run her out of town.
(d) They want to marry her.
4. How is Carma described?
5. Who lives on Seventh Street?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
2. How many sons did Becky have?
3. Why did Carma take a lover?
4. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
5. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)