|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She didn't take a lover.
(b) She was bored.
(c) She wanted attention.
(d) She hated Bane.
2. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She is hated by them.
(b) She attracts them.
(c) She confuses them.
(d) She does not appeal to them.
3. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
(c) King Barlo.
4. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(c) There is no racial majority.
5. How is Esther described physically?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
2. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
3. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
4. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
5. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)