|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Seventh Street".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) World War II.
(b) Abolition of slavery.
(c) World War I.
(d) Civil Rights Movement.
2. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
(a) They saw her through the windows.
(b) There was smoke coming out of the chimney.
(c) Her sons told the townspeople.
(d) She came to the market.
3. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(b) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(c) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(d) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
4. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
(d) King Barlo.
5. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She is disgusted by him.
(b) She is dependent upon him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
2. Who lives on Seventh Street?
3. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
4. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
5. Seventh Street is located in which city?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)