|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 "Theater".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
(a) A boy.
(b) The plantation owner's son.
(c) The slaves' ancestors.
2. Which dancer in the theater particularly appeals to John?
3. In "Portrait in Georgia", of what does the breath of the woman described breath smell?
4. What effect does Dorris have on those around her?
(a) She drives men away.
(b) She enrages her mother.
(c) She enthuses the dancers.
(d) She makes the dancers jealous.
5. At what age, do we find the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) As a teenager.
(b) As a child.
(c) Middle age.
(d) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dorris and John speak about in the theater?
2. How is the flesh of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
3. How is the soil described in "Song of the Son"?
4. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
5. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)