|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 "Theater".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the overall appearance of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
2. At what age, do we find the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) As a child.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) Old age.
(d) Middle age.
3. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
(a) Onto the page.
(b) In song.
(c) Into others' hearts.
(d) In God.
4. What effect does Dorris have on those around her?
(a) She enrages her mother.
(b) She drives men away.
(c) She makes the dancers jealous.
(d) She enthuses the dancers.
5. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
(a) A boy.
(b) The plantation owner's son.
(d) The slaves' ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
2. In "Portrait in Georgia", of what does the breath of the woman described breath smell?
3. How is the soil described in "Song of the Son"?
4. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
5. Which dancer in the theater particularly appeals to John?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)