|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Oreline refuse that Suzette asks of her in Chapter 1?
(a) To teach her to read.
(b) To help her meet with a young man on a neighboring plantation.
(c) To help her learn to write.
(d) To help her escape.
2. What is Clement planning to deliver to Narcisse on his trip in Chapter 13?
(c) Bear skins.
(d) Coon skins.
3. Where is Billes General Store located?
(a) In a tiny community called Slocum
(b) Near Mobile.
(c) In a tiny community called Aloha.
(d) On Grand Island.
4. What has Madame Derbanne just done to Suzette as the book opens?
(a) Slapped her.
(b) Cut her hair.
(c) Bandaged a wound.
(d) Whipped her.
5. What is returned to Tessier that keeps him from selling Clement to Narcisse?
(a) The barrels of oil.
(b) The boat and furs.
(c) Three escaped slaves.
(d) A satchel of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzette say is all Eugene has done for her?
2. What happens to Elisabeth in Chapter 34?
3. Who is Dennis Coutee?
4. What is the main goal Philomene and Oreline have while Valery is gone?
5. How does Palmire communicate?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)