|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garasime say is attached to the slaves after the assessors come?
(a) A scar.
(b) A future.
(c) A taint.
(d) A price.
2. With what was Philomene afraid Narcisse would interfere?
(a) Being sold to Clement's owner.
(b) What she names her new daughter.
(c) Marrying Clement.
(d) Being freed.
3. Why does Clement throw a chair out of the boat?
(a) To test the current.
(b) To get the chair to shore.
(c) To hold on to and float.
(d) To lighten the boat.
4. What last name does Elisabeth choose?
5. How old is Emily when Valery leaves to join the war effort?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzette say about Doralise when talking to Philomene?
2. What does Joseph ask Philomene to give him?
3. How old is Elisabeth when the census is being taken?
4. Why is Clement bruising by the time he gets to Philomene in Chapter 15?
5. What does Suzette slip out to the slave quarters to give Palmire in Chapter 7?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)