|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon how many different plantations do Suzette's family members live in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Elisabeth encounter one day and feed him leftovers?
(a) An elderly black man who remembers Africa.
(b) Her son that she was forced to leave behind years earlier.
(c) A white preacher.
(d) A young woman who knows Clement.
3. Who is Gerant's father?
(a) Monsieur Derbanne.
(d) No one knows.
4. How many slaves must a man own in order to be draft exempt?
(b) No more than 50.
(c) 20 or more.
(d) At least 130.
5. How do Augustine's letters change over a six-month period?
(a) From hopeful to pessimistic.
(b) From saying he is always tired to saying he is fit.
(c) From glorious descriptions to bitter.
(d) From homesick to hardened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Narcisse to Oreline?
2. Why does Bet come into the store one day to talk to Emily?
3. How old is Suzette at the opening of Chapter 3?
4. What does Philomene realize as she see Clement in Chapter 16?
5. What does Narcisse say Oreline has to do because of financial difficulties?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)