|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Narcisse's response to the increasingly unstable conditions in Chapter 22?
(a) He decides to enlist.
(b) He begins to hoard food and money.
(c) He sells more slaves.
(d) He asks Oreline to marry him.
2. What do Joseph's cousins assume when they come to live with him and Emily?
(a) That Emily is their servant.
(b) That Emily's family are all dead.
(c) That Emily has bewitched Joseph
(d) That Joseph is looking for a wife.
3. What does Philomene realize about Suzette in Chapter 9?
(a) She is planning to escape to the North.
(b) She is very ill.
(c) She is pregnant again.
(d) She is unhappy.
4. What does Elisabeth know about Suzette and Nicholas in Chapter 2?
(a) They have secretly decided to marry.
(b) Suzette is enamored of Nicholas.
(c) They have been together a few times.
(d) Nicholas plans to take Suzette to freedom.
5. How does Palmire communicate?
(a) With gestures.
(d) Just like everyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clement bruising by the time he gets to Philomene in Chapter 15?
2. What is Suzette's relationship to Palmire and Apphia?
3. Who does Elisabeth encounter one day and feed him leftovers?
4. What upsets Oreline about her aunt's actions to get money?
5. What is said of Valery Houbre's children?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)