|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Philomene's response to Narcisse's decision?
(a) She tells him he is selfish.
(b) She tells him he will gain great honor.
(c) She tells him she's had a vision.
(d) She tells him he will not return.
2. With what does Philomene say her family's lives are filled?
(a) Unusual good luck.
(c) Hard work.
(d) Bad luck.
3. What does Suzette pretend in front of Francoise in Chapter 7?
(a) That Suzette no longer sees Eugene.
(b) That Suzette is happy.
(c) That Suzette does not want to be freed.
(d) That Suzette cares what happens to Francoise.
4. With what was Philomene afraid Narcisse would interfere?
(a) Marrying Clement.
(b) Being sold to Clement's owner.
(c) What she names her new daughter.
(d) Being freed.
5. What happens to Oreline's son in 1862?
(a) He dies.
(b) He inherits his father's farm.
(c) He is drafted as a drummer boy.
(d) He decides to enlist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Doralise Derbanne to Suzette?
2. What does Elisabeth know about Suzette and Nicholas in Chapter 2?
3. What upsets Oreline about her aunt's actions to get money?
4. What about Philomene is dangerous for her in Chapter 11?
5. Who does Elisabeth encounter one day and feed him leftovers?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)