|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Philomene glad Narcisse has remarried?
(a) He is bossed around by his wife.
(b) He is less likely to bother Philomene.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is moving to his wife's farm in Virginia.
2. What does Suzette say about the relationship between Doralise and Philippe?
(a) It is deteriorating.
(b) It is lopsided.
(c) It is romantic.
(d) It is blissful.
3. What does Philomene see Clement doing at the opening of Chapter 16?
(c) Feeding a baby squirrel.
(d) Holding one of their daughters.
4. Who does Madame Derbanne chastise at the beginning of the book?
(a) Monsieur Derbanne.
5. What does Philomene realize about Suzette in Chapter 9?
(a) She is pregnant again.
(b) She is unhappy.
(c) She is planning to escape to the North.
(d) She is very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tessier tell Clement to hurry?
2. Why does Suzette send word to the slave quarters the minute Francoise dies?
3. What happens to Philomene when she is ill?
4. What does Garasime say is attached to the slaves after the assessors come?
5. What does Elisabeth know about Suzette and Nicholas in Chapter 2?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)