|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Philomene is dangerous for her in Chapter 11?
(a) Her emerging womanhood.
(b) Her desire for freedom.
(c) Her ability to read.
(d) Her outspoken nature.
2. To whom is Eugene Daurat related?
(c) No one else who appears in the novel.
(d) The Derbannes.
3. Why does Tessier tell Clement to hurry?
(a) He needs him to shoe some horses.
(b) He wants him back before dark.
(c) There looks to be storms coming in.
(d) He needs him to fix a wagon wheel.
4. What does Suzette think when she is ill in Chapter 4?
(a) She has typhus.
(b) She has yellow fever.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is dying.
5. Why does Oreline refuse Suzette's request in Chapter 1?
(a) She is mean hearted
(b) She does not know how to write either.
(c) She is unwilling to hide anything from her aunt and uncle.
(d) She is afraid of being sold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Narcisse to Oreline?
2. What does Suzette say is all Eugene has done for her?
3. What is Elisabeth's job at the plantation?
4. Who does Oreline buy?
5. What does Philomene glimpse as the cause of Clement's death?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)