|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clement lose sight of when he gets to shore?
(a) The boat.
(b) The chair.
(c) His brother.
(d) Some barrels of oil.
2. What about Philomene is dangerous for her in Chapter 11?
(a) Her ability to read.
(b) Her desire for freedom.
(c) Her outspoken nature.
(d) Her emerging womanhood.
3. Why does Clement throw a chair out of the boat?
(a) To test the current.
(b) To get the chair to shore.
(c) To hold on to and float.
(d) To lighten the boat.
4. Who is often loaned to other plantation to provide music?
5. What does Garasime say is attached to the slaves after the assessors come?
(a) A price.
(b) A future.
(c) A taint.
(d) A scar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacques Tessier buy?
2. Where does Clement live in Chapter 13?
3. Who buys Gerant?
4. What does the overseer recommend in Chapter 6 in order for Francoise to get some needed cash?
5. What does Suzette slip out to the slave quarters to give Palmire in Chapter 7?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)