|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Philomene communicate with Gerant in Chapter 9?
(a) Doralise carries notes back and forth.
(b) They talk to each other in church on Sundays.
(c) Suzette carries notes back and forth.
(d) They are unable to communicate.
2. Who is Gerant's father?
(a) Monsieur Derbanne.
(c) No one knows.
3. What does Suzette pretend in front of Francoise in Chapter 7?
(a) That Suzette does not want to be freed.
(b) That Suzette cares what happens to Francoise.
(c) That Suzette is happy.
(d) That Suzette no longer sees Eugene.
4. Why does Suzette send word to the slave quarters the minute Francoise dies?
(a) So they can put in motion their plans to escape.
(b) So they can don black armbands.
(c) So they can quit working.
(d) So they can prepare for any consequences of Francoise's death.
5. Who does Madame Derbanne chastise at the beginning of the book?
(c) Monsieur Derbanne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oreline refuse Suzette's request in Chapter 1?
2. What is Clement preparing to do in Chapter 13?
3. What does Clement lose sight of when he gets to shore?
4. Why is Clement bruising by the time he gets to Philomene in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Tessier tell Clement to hurry?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)