|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Philomene is dangerous for her in Chapter 11?
(a) Her desire for freedom.
(b) Her ability to read.
(c) Her outspoken nature.
(d) Her emerging womanhood.
2. What does Suzette say about the relationship between Doralise and Philippe?
(a) It is romantic.
(b) It is deteriorating.
(c) It is blissful.
(d) It is lopsided.
3. What does Eugene do with some property he and Doralise shared?
(a) Sell it to Oreline.
(b) Starts a school for freed blacks.
(c) Signs it over to Doralise.
(d) Makes Gerant the heir to the property.
4. What does Eugene Daurat do that many of his family do not?
(a) Speak English.
(b) Fox hunts.
(c) Go to an Anglican church.
(d) Live part-time in France.
5. What is Suzette about to do at the opening to Chapter 2?
(a) Run away.
(b) Meet a boy on a neighboring plantation.
(c) Be confirmed.
(d) Steal a few coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Thany and Bet?
2. How does Palmire communicate?
3. What is Narcisse's body build?
4. What is Elisabeth's job at the plantation?
5. What does Francoise worry about concerning Oreline?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)