|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oreline buy?
(a) Suzette, Philomene and Palmire.
(b) Just Suzette.
(c) Philomene and Palmire.
(d) Gerant and Suzette.
2. What is the year at the opening of Cane River?
3. Why does Suzette send word to the slave quarters the minute Francoise dies?
(a) So they can don black armbands.
(b) So they can quit working.
(c) So they can put in motion their plans to escape.
(d) So they can prepare for any consequences of Francoise's death.
4. What does Eugene Daurat do that many of his family do not?
(a) Go to an Anglican church.
(b) Live part-time in France.
(c) Speak English.
(d) Fox hunts.
5. What is one thing the slaves receive for Christmas in Chapter 3?
(a) A trip to visit relatives on other plantations.
(c) Their freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a major event that happens to Louis at the opening of Chapter 6?
2. What relation is Narcisse to Oreline?
3. Who goes to Elisabeth after having a "glimpsing"?
4. What request does Oreline refuse that Suzette asks of her in Chapter 1?
5. What does Suzette pretend in front of Francoise in Chapter 7?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)