|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Suzette nursemaid?
(c) No one.
2. What is Suzette about to do at the opening to Chapter 2?
(a) Meet a boy on a neighboring plantation.
(b) Steal a few coins.
(c) Be confirmed.
(d) Run away.
3. What role is difficult for Eugene in Chapter 9?
(a) Slave trader.
(b) Executor of Rosedew.
(c) Father of Philomene.
(d) Executioner for two slaves who tried to escape.
4. How does Palmire communicate?
(c) With gestures.
(d) Just like everyone else.
5. What request does Oreline refuse that Suzette asks of her in Chapter 1?
(a) To help her escape.
(b) To help her learn to write.
(c) To teach her to read.
(d) To help her meet with a young man on a neighboring plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oreline tell Suzette when Oreline arrives on account of Francoise's death?
2. Who does Oreline buy?
3. What is Elisabeth's job at the plantation?
4. What does Suzette think when she is ill in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Suzette stop to check on Gerasime in Chapter 7?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)