|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Madame Derbanne just done to Suzette as the book opens?
(a) Whipped her.
(b) Cut her hair.
(c) Bandaged a wound.
(d) Slapped her.
2. In Chapter 8, what do Gerasime and Elisabeth say they will not do?
(b) Leave the plantation alive.
(c) Seek a new mate.
(d) Curse God.
3. To whom is Eugene Daurat related?
(a) The Derbannes.
(b) No one else who appears in the novel.
4. What does Suzette say about the relationship between Doralise and Philippe?
(a) It is lopsided.
(b) It is deteriorating.
(c) It is romantic.
(d) It is blissful.
5. Who is often loaned to other plantation to provide music?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzette pretend in front of Francoise in Chapter 7?
2. Following Francoise’s death, who does Doralise promise to try to help?
3. How much time has passed in Chapter 7 since Chapter 6?
4. What does the overseer recommend in Chapter 6 in order for Francoise to get some needed cash?
5. Upon how many different plantations do Suzette's family members live in Chapter 9?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)