|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is often loaned to other plantation to provide music?
2. What does Suzette say about the relationship between Doralise and Philippe?
(a) It is lopsided.
(b) It is blissful.
(c) It is romantic.
(d) It is deteriorating.
3. Who is Gerant's father?
(b) No one knows.
(c) Monsieur Derbanne.
4. What is Suzette's relationship to Palmire and Apphia?
(c) She does not know either of them.
(d) Just friends.
5. What request does Oreline refuse that Suzette asks of her in Chapter 1?
(a) To teach her to read.
(b) To help her meet with a young man on a neighboring plantation.
(c) To help her learn to write.
(d) To help her escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Narcisse to Oreline?
2. How does Palmire communicate?
3. Why does Oreline refuse Suzette's request in Chapter 1?
4. What does Suzette do to Madame Derbanne's favorite roses the next morning after the opening of Cane River?
5. What is Suzette about to do at the opening to Chapter 2?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)