|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is Doralise Derbanne to Suzette?
2. What relation is Narcisse to Oreline?
(b) Aunt and niece.
(c) Mother and daughter.
3. What request does Oreline refuse that Suzette asks of her in Chapter 1?
(a) To help her learn to write.
(b) To help her meet with a young man on a neighboring plantation.
(c) To teach her to read.
(d) To help her escape.
4. What does Suzette do to Madame Derbanne's favorite roses the next morning after the opening of Cane River?
(a) Waters them.
(b) Prunes them.
(c) Tears off all the flowers.
(d) Pees on them.
5. What does Suzette say about the relationship between Doralise and Philippe?
(a) It is deteriorating.
(b) It is romantic.
(c) It is lopsided.
(d) It is blissful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oreline refuse Suzette's request in Chapter 1?
2. What is Suzette's relationship to Palmire and Apphia?
3. What is the year at the opening to Chapter 2?
4. What does Suzette think when she is ill in Chapter 4?
5. How does Palmire communicate?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)