|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen if Suzette and Nicholas marry?
(a) Nicholas would be sold.
(b) Suzette would be sold to the plantation where Nicholas lives.
(c) Any children they have would be considered slaves.
(d) Nicholas would automatically become a slave.
2. How does Palmire communicate?
(a) Just like everyone else.
(d) With gestures.
3. What does Eugene Daurat do that many of his family do not?
(a) Speak English.
(b) Live part-time in France.
(c) Go to an Anglican church.
(d) Fox hunts.
4. How old is Suzette at the opening of Chapter 3?
5. What does Elisabeth know about Suzette and Nicholas in Chapter 2?
(a) They have secretly decided to marry.
(b) Nicholas plans to take Suzette to freedom.
(c) They have been together a few times.
(d) Suzette is enamored of Nicholas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is often loaned to other plantation to provide music?
2. What is Suzette about to do at the opening to Chapter 2?
3. Who is Gerant's father?
4. What relation is Narcisse to Oreline?
5. What is the year at the opening to Chapter 2?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)