|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joseph's barn burned?
(a) Because Joseph is living with Emily.
(b) Because Joseph plans to marry Emily.
(c) The cows have hoof and mouth.
(d) Because the pigs have a disease.
2. Where does Clement live in Chapter 13?
(a) A plantation not far from Philomene
(b) With Philomene on her plantation.
(d) A plantation about fifty miles from Philomene.
3. Who goes to Elisabeth after having a "glimpsing"?
4. Why does Oreline resist Narcisse's advice?
(a) Oreline believes Narcisse does not have her best interests at heart.
(b) Oreline thinks there are not enough slaves to work more acres.
(c) Oreline sees the slaves as like family.
(d) Oreline believes her new husband should make the decision.
5. Where had Joseph been during the days of slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Philomene glad Narcisse has remarried?
2. What does Francoise worry about concerning Oreline?
3. How does Philomene communicate with Gerant in Chapter 9?
4. What does Philomene stop doing at the end of Chapter 17?
5. What does Philomene realize about Suzette in Chapter 9?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)