|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of Valery's age regarding the war?
(a) He is only allowed to be with the medical corps.
(b) There is nothing significant about Valery's age.
(c) He is exempt from serving in the military.
(d) He is too young to command a company.
2. What is Suzette's relationship to Palmire and Apphia?
(c) She does not know either of them.
(d) Just friends.
3. What last name does Elisabeth choose?
4. With whom does Narcisse say Suzette can be placed?
(a) Narcisse recommends freeing Suzette.
(b) Narcisse recommends not selling Suzette.
(c) With Narcisse's brother.
(d) With a family in Virginia.
5. Why does Tessier tell Clement to hurry?
(a) He needs him to fix a wagon wheel.
(b) He wants him back before dark.
(c) He needs him to shoe some horses.
(d) There looks to be storms coming in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene do with some property he and Doralise shared?
2. What does Suzette pretend in front of Francoise in Chapter 7?
3. How many slaves must a man own in order to be draft exempt?
4. Of what does Oreline seem afraid when talking to Philomene in Chapter 17?
5. Who does Oreline buy?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)