|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Madame Derbanne just done to Suzette as the book opens?
(a) Bandaged a wound.
(b) Slapped her.
(c) Cut her hair.
(d) Whipped her.
2. What does Oreline say Philomene owes Oreline?
(a) Six months of work.
(c) A year for each year Oreline had Clement at the farm.
(d) Money for years of room and board.
3. To whom is Eugene Daurat related?
(b) No one else who appears in the novel.
(c) The Derbannes.
4. Where had Joseph been during the days of slavery?
5. Of what does Narcisse say Emily will not be forgiven?
(a) For forgetting her place.
(b) For refusing to sit in the presence of his white children.
(c) For refusing to marry who Narcisse wants her to marry.
(d) For insulting his future wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clement preparing to do in Chapter 13?
2. What does Augustine advise Narcisse to do concerning the draft?
3. Where does Narcisse decide to send Emily for more education?
4. Of what does Oreline seem afraid when talking to Philomene in Chapter 17?
5. What does Oreline beg Valery to do?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)