|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys Gerant?
(c) No one wants him.
2. Who does Oreline buy?
(a) Just Suzette.
(b) Suzette, Philomene and Palmire.
(c) Philomene and Palmire.
(d) Gerant and Suzette.
3. To whom is Eugene Daurat related?
(a) The Derbannes.
(c) No one else who appears in the novel.
4. Following Francoise’s death, who does Doralise promise to try to help?
5. What request does Oreline refuse that Suzette asks of her in Chapter 1?
(a) To help her meet with a young man on a neighboring plantation.
(b) To teach her to read.
(c) To help her escape.
(d) To help her learn to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Suzette send word to the slave quarters the minute Francoise dies?
2. What would happen if Suzette and Nicholas marry?
3. What upsets Oreline about her aunt's actions to get money?
4. With whom is Philomene in love in Chapter 8?
5. What does Suzette think when she is ill in Chapter 4?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)