|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oreline buy?
(a) Suzette, Philomene and Palmire.
(b) Philomene and Palmire.
(c) Gerant and Suzette.
(d) Just Suzette.
2. Why does Oreline refuse Suzette's request in Chapter 1?
(a) She is mean hearted
(b) She does not know how to write either.
(c) She is afraid of being sold.
(d) She is unwilling to hide anything from her aunt and uncle.
3. Upon whose largesse does Philomene say her family depends?
4. What is Clement planning to deliver to Narcisse on his trip in Chapter 13?
(b) Bear skins.
(c) Coon skins.
5. Who is Joseph Ferrier?
(a) A man who is hired as the new overseer.
(b) A freed black who is in love with Suzette.
(c) The man who Francoise arranges a marriage to for Oreline.
(d) A soldier who comes and ransacks the plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Doralise Derbanne to Suzette?
2. Why does Suzette stop to check on Gerasime in Chapter 7?
3. What is Clement preparing to do in Chapter 13?
4. What does Suzette say about the relationship between Doralise and Philippe?
5. Where does Philomene live now?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)