|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Antoine Morat?
(a) Joseph's business partner.
(b) A man just moved to the area from France.
(c) The last person who owned Elisabeth.
(d) The magistrate.
2. What does Philomene stop doing at the end of Chapter 17?
(b) Smiling at any white person.
(c) Keeping the house pretty.
(d) Singing to the children.
3. What does Suzette pretend in front of Francoise in Chapter 7?
(a) That Suzette does not want to be freed.
(b) That Suzette no longer sees Eugene.
(c) That Suzette cares what happens to Francoise.
(d) That Suzette is happy.
4. What is the white community grumbling about according to Narcisse, Antoine and Joseph Ferrier?
(a) That Joseph tries to pass his children off as all white.
(b) That Joseph is openly living with Emily.
(c) That Joseph has hired a negro bookkeeper.
(d) That Joseph sent his cousins away.
5. Who does Joseph think has cheated him?
(a) A judge in California.
(b) A former slave owner.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Philomene say her family's lives are filled?
2. What is one fact that Bet reminds Emily of about Narcisse?
3. With what mentality does Emily think the older women in her family live?
4. Who owns Billes General Store?
5. Why does Suzette return to Oreline's homestead?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)