1. What is the year at the opening of Cane River?
2. What has Madame Derbanne just done to Suzette as the book opens?
(a) Cut her hair.
(b) Whipped her.
(c) Bandaged a wound.
(d) Slapped her.
3. Who does Madame Derbanne chastise at the beginning of the book?
(b) Monsieur Derbanne.
4. What does Suzette do to Madame Derbanne's favorite roses the next morning after the opening of Cane River?
(a) Pees on them.
(b) Waters them.
(c) Tears off all the flowers.
(d) Prunes them.
5. To whom is Suzette nursemaid?
(a) No one.
6. What relation is Doralise Derbanne to Suzette?
7. What is Elisabeth's job at the plantation?
8. Who is often loaned to other plantation to provide music?
9. What relation is Narcisse to Oreline?
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Aunt and niece.
10. What is Narcisse's body build?
(d) Extremely obese.
This section contains 4,766 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)