|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Candy get into a fight with the narrator after he meets with Angelo?
2. How many stitches does the narrator need after Candy hits him with something?
3. What does the narrator feel like as he experiments with the recipe?
4. Why does Candy move out of the warehouse?
5. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator prove that he takes his methadone as directed?
2. What does the boat dream symbolize?
3. What does Candy say when the narrator calls her from Sally's house, and what does the narrator think of this?
4. What does an eagle symbolize to the narrator?
5. What does the narrator say insanity is?
6. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
7. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
8. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
9. Why does the narrator not think the boat dream refers to his drug use?
10. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the boat dream, and what does it mean? How does the narrator respond to this dream?
Essay Topic 2
How do Candy and the narrator support their heroin addiction, and how do these methods affect their relationship for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
What were the narrator's two loves, and how did he balance his need for both in his life?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)