|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask for while getting his stitches?
2. How much money does the narrator make from David?
3. In Truth 4, what does the narrator say heroin causes?
4. What does the narrator consider his job?
5. What does the narrator do to try and get his mind off detoxing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does an eagle symbolize to the narrator?
2. What happens when Candy adopts Sam?
3. How does Casper living with the narrator drastically change his life?
4. How does the narrator prove that he takes his methadone as directed?
5. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
6. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
7. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
8. What does the narrator say detox is like?
9. What do Candy and the narrator do to try and get through detoxing?
10. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What does the narrator see as the major turning point in his drug addiction, and what brought him to this point?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)