|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Chapter 14?
2. What tone is Truth 4 told in?
3. What does Candy tell her mother she has had since being a teen?
4. Why does the narrator want to go to Thailand?
5. Where is Candy heading when she picks up a hitchhiker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
2. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
3. What does Candy say when the narrator calls her from Sally's house, and what does the narrator think of this?
4. What surprises the narrator most when he visits Candy at the hospital after his stay with Sally?
5. What does the narrator say insanity is?
6. How does Casper living with the narrator drastically change his life?
7. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
8. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
9. Why does the narrator not think the boat dream refers to his drug use?
10. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Goals and the sacrifce needed to achieve goals was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)