|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the narrator shoot up before cooking?
2. Who lends the narrator money for heroin after his trip to the postal office?
3. What is the narrator's saddest memory?
4. What does David think he is paying for when the narrator scams him?
5. What is David looking for when he meets the narrator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Candy when she comes off of heroin, and why? How does the narrator respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
What is the boat dream, and what does it mean? How does the narrator respond to this dream?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)