|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator admire most about O'Brien?
2. Why does the narrator want to go to Thailand?
3. Why is the narrator so happy for Casper to move in with him?
4. How many days does the narrator last during detox?
5. What does Candy get high on when she runs out of heroin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
2. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
3. What does Candy say when the narrator calls her from Sally's house, and what does the narrator think of this?
4. What does an eagle symbolize to the narrator?
5. What does the narrator say insanity is?
6. How does the narrator scam David?
7. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
8. How does Casper living with the narrator drastically change his life?
9. Why does the narrator take a tram?
10. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
How did Schumann die, and how did the narrator respond to this death?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)