|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angelo's occupation?
2. Who does the narrator stay with after feeling betrayed by Candy?
3. What drug does Paul Hillman sell?
4. What is the narrator's saddest memory?
5. What does Candy do to relax during detoxing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises the narrator most when he visits Candy at the hospital after his stay with Sally?
2. Why do Carl and the narrator bond?
3. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
4. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
5. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
6. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
7. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
8. What does the narrator do in the postal office that gets him arrested?
9. How does Casper living with the narrator drastically change his life?
10. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goals and the sacrifce needed to achieve goals was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)