|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angelo's occupation?
2. What is David looking for when he meets the narrator?
3. Who gives the narrator and Candy money to buy property together?
4. What does the narrator consider his job?
5. How much does Casper sell his recipe for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator scam David?
2. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
3. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
5. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
6. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
7. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
8. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
9. Why does the narrator take a tram?
10. What does the narrator say detox is like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the process of detox and the effects of it on the people going through it. Please cite excerpts from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)