|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tone is Truth 4 told in?
2. Who is the narrator's first client when he gets the recipe right?
3. How does Candy's mother feel after visiting Candy's property for Sunday Brunch?
4. How much money does the narrator make from David?
5. What did the narrator once spill on heroin that he shot up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
2. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
3. Why does the narrator not think the boat dream refers to his drug use?
4. What do Candy and the narrator do to try and get through detoxing?
5. What surprises the narrator most when he visits Candy at the hospital after his stay with Sally?
6. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
7. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
8. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
9. How does the narrator scam David?
10. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Candy when she comes off of heroin, and why? How does the narrator respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)