|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Candy move out of the warehouse?
2. What is Angelo's nickname?
3. What does the man in the BMW threaten the narrator with?
4. What is a postal worker counting while the narrator is there?
5. What does the narrator make a list of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
2. Why does the narrator not think the boat dream refers to his drug use?
3. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
4. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
5. What does the narrator do in the postal office that gets him arrested?
6. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
7. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
8. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
9. How does the narrator scam David?
10. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What does the narrator see as the major turning point in his drug addiction, and what brought him to this point?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)