Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say allows people to escape?
2. What does Candy tell her mother she has had since being a teen?
3. Who does the narrator stay with after feeling betrayed by Candy?
4. Why do Candy and the narrator watch so much TV?
5. Who is the narrator's first client when he gets the recipe right?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the process of detox and the effects of it on the people going through it. Please cite excerpts from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Carl was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)