|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candy hit the narrator with during a fight?
2. Where is Candy heading when she picks up a hitchhiker?
3. Why does Candy move out of the warehouse?
4. What recipe does Casper sell the narrator?
5. What does the narrator ask for while getting his stitches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises the narrator most when he visits Candy at the hospital after his stay with Sally?
2. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
3. What do Candy and the narrator do to try and get through detoxing?
4. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
5. What happens when Candy adopts Sam?
6. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
7. What does the narrator say detox is like?
8. How does the narrator scam David?
9. What does Candy say when the narrator calls her from Sally's house, and what does the narrator think of this?
10. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the boat dream, and what does it mean? How does the narrator respond to this dream?
Essay Topic 2
Dishonesty was a vice that a number of characters were burdened with. Which characters were most affected by this, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Where did the theme of addiction come into play in this book, and what message was sent through this theme?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)