|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Truth 4, what does the narrator say heroin causes?
2. What is Alexandra Avenue near?
3. What does the man in the BMW threaten the narrator with?
4. Who runs the methadone program that the narrator gets into?
5. What does the narrator feel like as he experiments with the recipe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator prove that he takes his methadone as directed?
2. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
3. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
4. How does the narrator scam David?
5. What do Candy and the narrator do to try and get through detoxing?
6. What does an eagle symbolize to the narrator?
7. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
8. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
9. Why does the narrator take a tram?
10. What does the narrator say detox is like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Candy when she comes off of heroin, and why? How does the narrator respond to this?
Essay Topic 2
What were the narrator's two loves, and how did he balance his need for both in his life?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)