|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Candy they can do once they successfully detox?
2. What job does Candy want the narrator to take after his meeting with Angelo?
3. What animal does the narrator envision himself as?
4. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
5. Where is the narrator in his important dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
2. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
3. What does an eagle symbolize to the narrator?
4. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
5. What does the narrator say detox is like?
6. What does the narrator say insanity is?
7. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
8. What do Candy and the narrator do to try and get through detoxing?
9. What does the boat dream symbolize?
10. Why does the narrator take a tram?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What changed for the narrator when he began cooking, and why?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)