Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say allows people to escape?
2. What does Candy tell her mother she has had since being a teen?
3. Who does the narrator stay with after feeling betrayed by Candy?
4. Why do Candy and the narrator watch so much TV?
5. Who is the narrator's first client when he gets the recipe right?
Essay Topic 1
Carl was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What were the narrator's two loves, and how did he balance his need for both in his life?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)