|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of property do Candy and the narrator buy together?
2. What is Angelo's nickname?
3. Why do Candy and the narrator watch so much TV?
4. Who gets the narrator high when he quits his detoxing?
5. What animal does the narrator envision himself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say insanity is?
2. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
3. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
4. What does the boat dream symbolize?
5. How does the narrator prove that he takes his methadone as directed?
6. Why does the narrator not think the boat dream refers to his drug use?
7. What do Candy and the narrator do to try and get through detoxing?
8. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
9. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
10. What happens when Candy adopts Sam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Schumann die, and how did the narrator respond to this death?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)