|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Methadone do?
2. What does Candy write on the walls with?
3. Who lends the narrator money for heroin after his trip to the postal office?
4. What does the narrator make a list of?
5. What does the narrator say allows people to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Candy and the narrator do to try and get through detoxing?
2. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
3. Why does the narrator not think the boat dream refers to his drug use?
4. How does Casper living with the narrator drastically change his life?
5. What does the narrator say detox is like?
6. What does the narrator say insanity is?
7. How does the narrator prove that he takes his methadone as directed?
8. What does the boat dream symbolize?
9. What happens when Candy adopts Sam?
10. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the narrator see as the major turning point in his drug addiction, and what brought him to this point?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What were the narrator's two loves, and how did he balance his need for both in his life?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)