|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Candy get married?
2. Why does the narrator call Dirty Julie?
3. Why doesn't the narrator invite his father to his wedding?
4. How much does Colin bring every time he meets with Candy?
5. What color is Candy's wedding dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
2. What is freebasing?
3. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
4. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
5. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
6. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
7. What do Candy, Lex and the narrator do while they are together in Melbourne?
8. Why is the narrator unreliable?
9. What does the narrator repeat over and over in the Prologue, and why?
10. How does Candy get rid of crabs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carl was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)