|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick own?
2. What is Nick's nickname?
3. How many credit cards are in the stolen wallet?
4. What is Kojak's occupation?
5. Where is Candy's reception?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
2. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
3. Why does the narrator fall asleep at his wedding, and what do others think of this?
4. What is freebasing?
5. What happens to the narrator during the drought?
6. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
7. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
8. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
9. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
10. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Candy and the narrator support their heroin addiction, and how do these methods affect their relationship for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What were the narrator's two loves, and how did he balance his need for both in his life?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)