|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Candy run her scam with the narrator?
2. Why doesn't the narrator invite his father to his wedding?
3. Who takes care of the narrator when he gets injured by Dirty Julie's friends?
4. What does the narrator buy from Nick?
5. What kind of scam did the narrator once run?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator only get to meet Lucy once?
2. What does the narrator repeat over and over in the Prologue, and why?
3. How does Candy get rid of crabs?
4. Why does the narrator go to the Cockatoo Club, and what happens to him there?
5. What causes Candy to change her career?
6. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
7. What is the title of Chapter 2, and what does it mean?
8. What is freebasing?
9. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
10. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
What does the narrator see as the major turning point in his drug addiction, and what brought him to this point?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)