Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Candy and her new husband do on their wedding night?
2. Why is Candy delivered so early?
3. When does Candy go into labor?
4. How does the narrator describe his life in the Prologue?
5. What color is Candy's wedding dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
2. How does Candy respond to the death of Schumann?
3. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
4. What is freebasing?
5. When does the narrator fall in love with Candy?
6. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
7. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
8. What does the narrator repeat over and over in the Prologue, and why?
9. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
10. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
Where did the theme of addiction come into play in this book, and what message was sent through this theme?
How do Candy and the narrator support their heroin addiction, and how do these methods affect their relationship for both good and bad?
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)