|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the special heroin from in Chapter 1?
2. What does the narrator say he spends most of his life doing?
3. What does Candy like to do at Albert Lake Park?
4. What does the narrator get caught shoplifting?
5. What is Kojak's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does Candy take in Melbourne, and how does the narrator feel about it?
2. What is a coke test?
3. How does Candy respond to the death of Schumann?
4. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
5. What is the title of Chapter 2, and what does it mean?
6. What does the narrator repeat over and over in the Prologue, and why?
7. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
8. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
9. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
10. How did drug use change Schumann's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Candy when she comes off of heroin, and why? How does the narrator respond to this?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Dishonesty was a vice that a number of characters were burdened with. Which characters were most affected by this, and why?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)