|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mason say ruined his crop?
2. What does the narrator put in a packet before going to see Dirty Julie?
3. What drug does the narrator sell in Chapter 6?
4. What do Candy and her new husband do on their wedding night?
5. Who does the narrator invite to his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Candy and the narrator make money while living in Melbourne?
2. What does the narrator say detox is like?
3. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
4. What is freebasing?
5. How does Candy respond to the death of Schumann?
6. Why is the narrator unreliable?
7. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
8. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
9. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
10. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What is the boat dream, and what does it mean? How does the narrator respond to this dream?
Essay Topic 3
How do Candy and the narrator support their heroin addiction, and how do these methods affect their relationship for both good and bad?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)