|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith give as collateral for his night with Candy?
2. How is the narrator injured when Dirty Julie gets angry with his friends?
3. What does Candy like to do at Albert Lake Park?
4. What is a heroin drought?
5. What does the narrator get caught shoplifting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Candy to change her career?
2. What does Candy say when the narrator calls her from Sally's house, and what does the narrator think of this?
3. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
4. What happens to the narrator during the drought?
5. How does the narrator scam David?
6. Why do Carl and the narrator bond?
7. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
8. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
9. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
10. Why does the narrator fall asleep at his wedding, and what do others think of this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Where did the theme of addiction come into play in this book, and what message was sent through this theme?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)