Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Candy and her new husband do on their wedding night?
2. Why is Candy delivered so early?
3. When does Candy go into labor?
4. How does the narrator describe his life in the Prologue?
5. What color is Candy's wedding dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
2. How does Candy respond to the death of Schumann?
3. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
4. What is freebasing?
5. When does the narrator fall in love with Candy?
6. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
7. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
8. What does the narrator repeat over and over in the Prologue, and why?
9. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
10. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
Essay Topic 1
What were the narrator's two loves, and how did he balance his need for both in his life?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Candy when she comes off of heroin, and why? How does the narrator respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
What does the narrator see as the major turning point in his drug addiction, and what brought him to this point?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)