|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Keith get the money he needs for his night with Candy?
2. What is the title of Chapter 1?
3. What kind of radio station does Schumann listen to?
4. Why does Dirty Julie get angry with the narrator's friends?
5. How does the narrator realize he has an addiction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
2. How does Candy respond to the death of Schumann?
3. What is freebasing?
4. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
5. Why does the narrator only get to meet Lucy once?
6. What do Candy, Lex and the narrator do while they are together in Melbourne?
7. How did drug use change Schumann's life?
8. Why does the narrator think Schumann is generous?
9. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
10. What job does Candy take in Melbourne, and how does the narrator feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
How do Candy and the narrator support their heroin addiction, and how do these methods affect their relationship for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)