|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator invite to his wedding?
2. Where is Candy's reception?
3. What color is Candy's wedding dress?
4. What do Candy and her new husband do on their wedding night?
5. Who is the first person Candy tells about her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Candy, Lex and the narrator do while they are together in Melbourne?
2. How does the narrator profit from the stolen wallet?
3. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
4. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
5. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
6. Why does the narrator only get to meet Lucy once?
7. What job does Candy take in Melbourne, and how does the narrator feel about it?
8. Why does the narrator fall asleep at his wedding, and what do others think of this?
9. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
10. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the boat dream, and what does it mean? How does the narrator respond to this dream?
Essay Topic 2
What changed for the narrator when he began cooking, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What does the narrator see as the major turning point in his drug addiction, and what brought him to this point?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)