Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Schumann die?
2. How are the narrator and Lex related?
3. Who introduces Candy to heroin?
4. What is a heroin drought?
5. What does Nick own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
2. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
3. What do Candy and the narrator do to try and get through detoxing?
4. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
5. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
6. What does the narrator say insanity is?
7. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
8. How does the narrator scam David?
9. What job does Candy take in Melbourne, and how does the narrator feel about it?
10. How do Candy and the narrator make money while living in Melbourne?
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)