|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many credit cards are in the stolen wallet?
2. Why is the narrator so sick while helping Mason?
3. Who tampers with Dirty Julie's heroin?
4. Where is this book set?
5. Why doesn't the narrator invite his father to his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
2. Why does the narrator fall asleep at his wedding, and what do others think of this?
3. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
4. What happens to the narrator during the drought?
5. What is the title of Chapter 2, and what does it mean?
6. How does Candy get rid of crabs?
7. Why does the narrator only get to meet Lucy once?
8. What is freebasing?
9. Why does the narrator go to the Cockatoo Club, and what happens to him there?
10. How does the narrator profit from the stolen wallet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What changed for the narrator when he began cooking, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to Candy when she comes off of heroin, and why? How does the narrator respond to this?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)