|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a heroin drought?
2. Where is the stolen wallet found?
3. What does Candy like to do at Albert Lake Park?
4. What is Nick's nickname?
5. How does the narrator describe his life in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
2. How does Candy get rid of crabs?
3. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
4. What is the narrator arrested for while Candy is in the hospital with Hepatitis?
5. Why does the narrator fall asleep at his wedding, and what do others think of this?
6. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
7. How does the narrator profit from the stolen wallet?
8. How does Candy respond to the death of Schumann?
9. Why does the narrator go to the Cockatoo Club, and what happens to him there?
10. Why does the narrator only get to meet Lucy once?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where did the theme of addiction come into play in this book, and what message was sent through this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)