|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of Schumann's death?
2. How many credit cards are in the stolen wallet?
3. What does Candy replace heroin with when she tries to detox?
4. Where is the stolen wallet found?
5. What kind of scam did the narrator once run?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator profit from the stolen wallet?
2. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
3. Why is the narrator unreliable?
4. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
5. How did drug use change Schumann's life?
6. What do Candy, Lex and the narrator do while they are together in Melbourne?
7. What is freebasing?
8. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
9. Why does the narrator fall asleep at his wedding, and what do others think of this?
10. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)