|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colin give money to Candy every time they meet?
2. Where does the narrator hide his secret stash?
3. What is a heroin drought?
4. When does Candy go into labor?
5. Who does the narrator invite to his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
2. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
3. What happens to the narrator during the drought?
4. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
5. Why does the narrator only get to meet Lucy once?
6. How does Candy get rid of crabs?
7. Why is the narrator unreliable?
8. How do Candy and the narrator make money while living in Melbourne?
9. What is the title of Chapter 2, and what does it mean?
10. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Candy and the narrator support their heroin addiction, and how do these methods affect their relationship for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What is the boat dream, and what does it mean? How does the narrator respond to this dream?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)