|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mason's favorite drug?
2. What does Nick own?
3. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
4. Why does Colin give money to Candy every time they meet?
5. What does Keith give as collateral for his night with Candy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
2. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
3. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
4. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
5. What is freebasing?
6. What is a coke test?
7. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
8. What do Candy, Lex and the narrator do while they are together in Melbourne?
9. How does the narrator profit from the stolen wallet?
10. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
How did Schumann die, and how did the narrator respond to this death?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)