|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Candy quarantined in the hospital?
2. How many times is the narrator arrested while Candy is in the hospital?
3. Why doesn't the narrator invite his father to his wedding?
4. What disease is the narrator afraid of getting?
5. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Candy to change her career?
2. How do Candy and the narrator make money while living in Melbourne?
3. Why is the narrator unreliable?
4. Why does the narrator think Schumann is generous?
5. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
6. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
7. What job does Candy take in Melbourne, and how does the narrator feel about it?
8. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
9. What happens to the narrator during the drought?
10. What do Candy, Lex and the narrator do while they are together in Melbourne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Candy when she comes off of heroin, and why? How does the narrator respond to this?
Essay Topic 2
What were the narrator's two loves, and how did he balance his need for both in his life?
Essay Topic 3
What changed for the narrator when he began cooking, and why?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)