|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he spends most of his life doing?
2. Where does Candy go to eat after her reception?
3. What is the narrator's first love?
4. What is Ronny Radar's occupation?
5. How is the narrator injured when Dirty Julie gets angry with his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
2. What do Candy, Lex and the narrator do while they are together in Melbourne?
3. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
4. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
5. What is a coke test?
6. How does Candy get rid of crabs?
7. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
8. What happens to the narrator during the drought?
9. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
10. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Schumann die, and how did the narrator respond to this death?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)