|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this book set?
2. What does the narrator buy from Nick?
3. What part of Melbourne is Queens Road in?
4. Where does Mason want to grow a crop?
5. What does the narrator put in a packet before going to see Dirty Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator arrested for while Candy is in the hospital with Hepatitis?
2. What causes Candy to change her career?
3. What does the narrator say insanity is?
4. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
5. What does the narrator say detox is like?
6. What does the narrator hope for his relationship with Candy?
7. How does the narrator scam David?
8. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
9. What does the narrator repeat over and over in the Prologue, and why?
10. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Goals and the sacrifce needed to achieve goals was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)