|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Candy want the narrator to take after his meeting with Angelo?
(c) Male prostitution.
(d) Cab driver.
2. What does the narrator tell Candy they can do once they successfully detox?
(a) Move overseas.
(b) Get real jobs.
(c) Start all over.
(d) Have a baby.
3. Who runs the methadone program that the narrator gets into?
(a) His doctor.
(b) The government.
(c) A welfare program.
(d) A charity.
4. What does the narrator miss about his days when he first started taking heroin?
(a) He was healthier.
(b) His veins were good.
(c) He had more money.
(d) He didn't need as much heroin.
5. What is a postal worker counting while the narrator is there?
(b) Check books.
(c) Wads of money.
(d) Mailing addresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the narrator have to see a doctor during the methadone program?
2. Who gives the narrator and Candy money to buy property together?
3. Why does Candy downgrade in brothels to work at?
4. What kind of property do Candy and the narrator buy together?
5. Why does Candy move out of the warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does an eagle symbolize to the narrator?
2. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
3. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
4. What does the narrator say insanity is?
5. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
6. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
7. Why does the narrator not think the boat dream refers to his drug use?
8. What does the narrator do in the postal office that gets him arrested?
9. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
10. Why does the narrator take a tram?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)