|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candy tell her mother she has had since being a teen?
(a) A fear.
(b) Clenched fists.
(c) The wrong path to follow.
(d) An addiction.
2. What is David looking for when he meets the narrator?
(a) A bodyguard.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) Gay sex.
(d) Some meth.
3. What is a postal worker counting while the narrator is there?
(a) Check books.
(b) Wads of money.
(c) Mailing addresses.
4. When do the narrator and Candy always promise to stop drugs?
(a) When they are out of money.
(b) When they are in prison.
(c) When they are sober.
(d) When they are high.
5. Where is Candy heading when she picks up a hitchhiker?
(a) Some hot springs.
(b) The brothel.
(c) The outback.
(d) Her doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator feel comforted by heroin?
2. Who gets the narrator high when he quits his detoxing?
3. How much does Casper sell his recipe for?
4. What drug does Paul Hillman sell?
5. What does the narrator tell Candy they can do once they successfully detox?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator prove that he takes his methadone as directed?
2. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
3. Why does the narrator take a tram?
4. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
5. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
6. How does the narrator scam David?
7. What does the boat dream symbolize?
8. What does the narrator say detox is like?
9. Why do Carl and the narrator bond?
10. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)