|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
(a) His regular dealers have delays.
(b) He has no insurance.
(c) He needs some bribe money.
(d) He wants to get Candy a raise.
2. What causes the narrator to feel betrayed?
(a) Learning Candy spent all the rent money.
(b) Learning Candy made love with Paul.
(c) Learning Candy got a new dealer.
(d) Learning Candy has a venerial disease.
3. What noise bothers Candy the day the narrator meets with Angelo?
(a) The TV.
(b) The radio.
(c) Cars passing.
(d) Water dripping.
4. What is Angelo's occupation?
(c) Narcotic cop.
(d) Drug dealer.
5. What does the narrator feel like as he experiments with the recipe?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A chemist.
(c) A drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think would be in a dream about overdosing?
2. What does the narrator consider his job?
3. Where is Candy heading when she picks up a hitchhiker?
4. What drug does Paul Hillman sell?
5. Who lends the narrator money for heroin after his trip to the postal office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
2. What happens when Candy adopts Sam?
3. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
4. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
5. What does the narrator do in the postal office that gets him arrested?
6. What does the narrator say insanity is?
7. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
8. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
9. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
10. What does the boat dream symbolize?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)