|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the narrator and Candy always promise to stop drugs?
(a) When they are sober.
(b) When they are high.
(c) When they are out of money.
(d) When they are in prison.
2. What did the narrator once spill on heroin that he shot up?
(b) Orange juice.
3. What does the narrator do when he gets home after getting stitches?
(a) Cleans the house.
(b) Shoots up heroin.
(c) Starts looking for a job.
(d) Makes love to Candy.
4. Who runs the methadone program that the narrator gets into?
(a) A charity.
(b) A welfare program.
(c) His doctor.
(d) The government.
5. What does the narrator miss about his days when he first started taking heroin?
(a) He was healthier.
(b) He didn't need as much heroin.
(c) His veins were good.
(d) He had more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candy get high on when she runs out of heroin?
2. How much money does the narrator make from David?
3. What is a postal worker counting while the narrator is there?
4. Where does Candy move to after leaving the warehouse?
5. Who gets the narrator high when he quits his detoxing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Candy adopts Sam?
2. Why do Carl and the narrator bond?
3. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
4. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
5. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
6. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
7. How does the narrator scam David?
8. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
9. What surprises the narrator most when he visits Candy at the hospital after his stay with Sally?
10. What does the narrator say detox is like?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)