|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candy do to relax during detoxing?
(c) All of these.
2. What does the narrator imagine Candy's soul like at the end of her using?
(a) It is incredibly unique.
(b) It is a mirror for his own.
(c) It is in a tug of war.
(d) It is destroying itself.
3. How many days does the narrator last during detox?
4. What does the man in the BMW threaten the narrator with?
(a) Calling the police.
(b) A knife.
(c) All of these.
(d) A gun.
5. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
(a) He has no insurance.
(b) His regular dealers have delays.
(c) He wants to get Candy a raise.
(d) He needs some bribe money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candy experience during detox?
2. What does the narrator tell Candy they can do once they successfully detox?
3. What noise bothers Candy the day the narrator meets with Angelo?
4. What drug does Paul Hillman sell?
5. What does the narrator do when he gets home after getting stitches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator do in the postal office that gets him arrested?
2. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
3. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
4. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
5. How does the narrator prove that he takes his methadone as directed?
6. What does the boat dream symbolize?
7. What surprises the narrator most when he visits Candy at the hospital after his stay with Sally?
8. Why do Carl and the narrator bond?
9. What does Candy say when the narrator calls her from Sally's house, and what does the narrator think of this?
10. What does an eagle symbolize to the narrator?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)