|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do to try and get his mind off detoxing?
(b) Takes other pills.
(c) Goes swimming.
(d) Eats enormous amounts of food.
2. What is Angelo's occupation?
(a) Drug dealer.
(c) Narcotic cop.
3. What does the narrator think would be in a dream about overdosing?
(d) Rain clouds.
4. What noise bothers Candy the day the narrator meets with Angelo?
(a) The radio.
(b) Cars passing.
(c) Water dripping.
(d) The TV.
5. What is the narrator's saddest memory?
(a) Holding his dead baby.
(b) Failing a drug test.
(c) Scamming an old man.
(d) Taking pills in a hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask for while getting his stitches?
2. Why does Candy get into a fight with the narrator after he meets with Angelo?
3. What does Candy write on the walls with?
4. Why does the narrator stop wearing a watch?
5. Why do Candy and the narrator watch so much TV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
2. What does the narrator do in the postal office that gets him arrested?
3. How does Casper living with the narrator drastically change his life?
4. What does the boat dream symbolize?
5. Why does the narrator take a tram?
6. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
7. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
8. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
9. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
10. What does the narrator say detox is like?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)