|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Candy find most of her clients?
(a) Downtown Melbourne.
(b) Kingss Road.
(c) Queens Crossing.
(d) Grey Street.
2. What is the narrator sent to jail for after his trip to the postal office?
(a) Attempted robbery.
(b) Mail fraud.
3. What does freelancing mean for Candy?
(a) Making house calls.
(b) Working without a brothel.
(c) Working new clientelle.
(d) Selling her paintings.
4. What does Candy experience during detox?
(a) Bone pain.
(b) All of these.
(c) Cosntant nausea.
(d) Intesne sweating.
5. How does the narrator describe his detox experience?
(a) All of these.
(c) Physical pain amplified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator make a list of?
2. What does Candy do to relax during detoxing?
3. What does Methadone do?
4. How many times does the narrator shoot up while cooking?
5. What drug does Paul Hillman sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator do in the postal office that gets him arrested?
2. What does the narrator use his Femoral vein for, and what does this indicate?
3. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
4. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
5. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
6. What does the boat dream symbolize?
7. What do Candy and the narrator do to try and get through detoxing?
8. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
9. What does the narrator say insanity is?
10. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)