|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
(a) He has no insurance.
(b) His regular dealers have delays.
(c) He wants to get Candy a raise.
(d) He needs some bribe money.
2. What is the narrator's saddest memory?
(a) Taking pills in a hotel room.
(b) Scamming an old man.
(c) Failing a drug test.
(d) Holding his dead baby.
3. What noise bothers Candy the day the narrator meets with Angelo?
(a) The radio.
(b) Cars passing.
(c) Water dripping.
(d) The TV.
4. What does the narrator imagine Candy's soul like at the end of her using?
(a) It is in a tug of war.
(b) It is destroying itself.
(c) It is a mirror for his own.
(d) It is incredibly unique.
5. What does Candy do to relax during detoxing?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator's first client when he gets the recipe right?
2. What does freelancing mean for Candy?
3. What does the narrator consider his job?
4. What does Candy tell her mother she has had since being a teen?
5. What does the old hitchhiker call the narrator and Candy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator ask for at the hospital while getting stitches, and how does the doctor reply?
2. Why do Carl and the narrator bond?
3. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
4. What does Candy say when the narrator calls her from Sally's house, and what does the narrator think of this?
5. What kinds of things did Candy do after the narrator went to Sydney?
6. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
7. What happens when the narrator meets the man in the BMW?
8. Why does the narrator take a tram?
9. What does the narrator say insanity is?
10. What does the narrator say detox is like?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)