|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator stop wearing a watch?
(a) He has to sell it.
(b) It gets broken in a fight.
(c) His arm gets too swollen.
(d) It reminds him of the passing time.
2. What is a postal worker counting while the narrator is there?
(a) Check books.
(b) Mailing addresses.
(d) Wads of money.
3. What does Methadone do?
(a) Helps relax addicts when heroin is cut off.
(b) Helps addicts forget their past.
(c) Helps addicts stay nourished during detox.
(d) Helps addicts get off heroin slowly.
4. What does Candy hit the narrator with during a fight?
(a) An ashtray.
(b) A vase.
(c) A dildo.
(d) A golf club.
5. What does the narrator make a list of?
(a) Jobs he has had.
(b) His goals.
(c) Things he likes.
(d) His family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old hitchhiker call the narrator and Candy?
2. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
3. What is Angelo's nickname?
4. What does Candy write on the walls with?
5. How much does Casper sell his recipe for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Candy adopts Willy?
2. What does Candy say when the narrator calls her from Sally's house, and what does the narrator think of this?
3. What surprises the narrator most when he visits Candy at the hospital after his stay with Sally?
4. Why does the narrator take a tram?
5. How does the narrator prove that he takes his methadone as directed?
6. What does the narrator do in the postal office that gets him arrested?
7. What happens when Candy adopts Sam?
8. How does the narrator scam David?
9. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
10. What does the narrator say insanity is?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)