|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Candy and the narrator watch so much TV?
(a) To distract themselves.
(b) To make the most of their high.
(c) To keep from getting high.
(d) To pass the time.
2. What does the narrator miss about his days when he first started taking heroin?
(a) He had more money.
(b) He was healthier.
(c) His veins were good.
(d) He didn't need as much heroin.
3. What does the narrator tell Candy they can do once they successfully detox?
(a) Get real jobs.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Move overseas.
(d) Start all over.
4. How many times does the narrator shoot up before cooking?
5. Why does Candy downgrade in brothels to work at?
(a) She comes to work high.
(b) She loses her beauty.
(c) She gets a disease.
(d) She gets fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Candy want the narrator to take after his meeting with Angelo?
2. What does the narrator make a list of?
3. How many times does the narrator shoot up while cooking?
4. How much money does the narrator make from David?
5. What is Angelo's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator not think the boat dream refers to his drug use?
2. What does the narrator feel swallowed up by in Chapter 14?
3. Why does the narrator think everything in his relationship will be OK after he gets stitches?
4. What does Candy say when the narrator calls her from Sally's house, and what does the narrator think of this?
5. Why does Kay kick the narrator out of her house?
6. What does an eagle symbolize to the narrator?
7. What does the narrator do in the postal office that gets him arrested?
8. Why does the narrator take a tram?
9. What is the narrator's favorite childhood memory?
10. Why do Carl and the narrator bond?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)