|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nick's nickname?
(a) Fat Nick.
(b) Slick Nick.
(c) Old Nick.
(d) St. Nick.
2. Why is the narrator so sick while helping Mason?
(a) He is coming down from his high.
(b) He doesn't handle heat well.
(c) He is still high.
(d) He didn't get any sleep.
3. Why does the narrator call Dirty Julie?
(a) To arrange a meeting.
(b) To catch up on old time.
(c) To fulfill a favor.
(d) To get heroin during the drought.
4. What is Mason's favorite drug?
5. What does Candy replace heroin with when she tries to detox?
(c) All of these.
(d) Sleeping pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dirty Julie get angry with the narrator's friends?
2. What disease does Candy get in Chapter 10?
3. What haunts the narrator after stealing the wallet?
4. What is Schumann's occupation?
5. When does Candy go into labor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Candy respond to the death of Schumann?
2. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
3. Why does the narrator think Schumann is generous?
4. What is the narrator arrested for while Candy is in the hospital with Hepatitis?
5. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
6. How did drug use change Schumann's life?
7. What is freebasing?
8. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
9. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
10. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)