|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Colin first talk to Candy?
(a) He calls a payphone.
(b) He sees her at a meeting.
(c) He enters her brothel.
(d) He calls her hotel room.
2. What kind of scam did the narrator once run?
(a) An Internet scam.
(b) A credit card scam.
(c) A couponing scam.
(d) A mail scam.
3. How does Candy get her wedding dress to be the color she wanted?
(a) She dyes it.
(b) She trades it.
(c) She makes it.
(d) She bleaches it.
4. What does the narrator buy from Nick?
(b) Fake IDs.
(d) An apartment.
5. How long is Candy quarantined in the hospital?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide heroin while helping Mason?
2. What does Candy promise to do when she goes to Melbourne?
3. Who is the first person Candy tells about her marriage?
4. What drug does the narrator sell in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Keith get the money he needs for his night with Candy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
2. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
3. What do Candy, Lex and the narrator do while they are together in Melbourne?
4. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
5. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
6. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
7. Why is the narrator unreliable?
8. Why does the narrator fall asleep at his wedding, and what do others think of this?
9. Why does the narrator only get to meet Lucy once?
10. What happens to the narrator during the drought?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)