|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tampers with Dirty Julie's heroin?
(b) Dirty Julie.
(c) The narrator.
2. How does Schumann die?
(a) He overdoses in his cab.
(b) He is shot in a robbery.
(c) He falls down some stairs at work.
(d) He gets in a car wreck.
3. When does Candy go into labor?
(a) At 29 weeks of pregnancy.
(b) At 32 weeks of pregnancy.
(c) At 22 weeks of pregnancy.
(d) At 34 weeks of pregnancy.
4. What is Nick's nickname?
(a) Old Nick.
(b) Fat Nick.
(c) St. Nick.
(d) Slick Nick.
5. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Crop Failure.
(b) Personal Failure.
(c) Failed Again.
(d) Fear of Failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
2. What is the narrator's first love?
3. Where does the narrator hide his secret stash?
4. What does Candy like to do at Albert Lake Park?
5. How is the narrator injured when Dirty Julie gets angry with his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
2. What does the narrator repeat over and over in the Prologue, and why?
3. How does the narrator profit from the stolen wallet?
4. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
5. What job does Candy take in Melbourne, and how does the narrator feel about it?
6. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
7. Why is the narrator unreliable?
8. Why does the narrator go to the Cockatoo Club, and what happens to him there?
9. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
10. What is the title of Chapter 2, and what does it mean?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)