|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Schumann die?
(a) He falls down some stairs at work.
(b) He is shot in a robbery.
(c) He overdoses in his cab.
(d) He gets in a car wreck.
2. Where does the narrator hide heroin while helping Mason?
(a) In his pants pocket.
(b) In the seed bag.
(c) In the apartment.
(d) In the truck.
3. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Crop Failure.
(b) Failed Again.
(c) Personal Failure.
(d) Fear of Failure.
4. How much money does Keith give up front for a night with Candy?
5. How does Colin first talk to Candy?
(a) He sees her at a meeting.
(b) He calls her hotel room.
(c) He enters her brothel.
(d) He calls a payphone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of Schumann's death?
2. Where does Mason want to grow a crop?
3. Who helps Candy after she loses her baby?
4. What kind of radio station does Schumann listen to?
5. Why does the narrator get kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
2. How did drug use change Schumann's life?
3. What is freebasing?
4. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
5. Why is the narrator unreliable?
6. How does the narrator profit from the stolen wallet?
7. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
8. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
9. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
10. What causes Candy to change her career?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)