|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the narrator when his mother died?
2. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
(a) All of these.
(b) She is weak and listless.
(c) She has diarhea for a week.
(d) She is turning yellow.
3. How long did Candy run her scam with the narrator?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 year.
4. Why is Candy delivered so early?
(a) She is high.
(b) She is bleeding.
(c) She is in labor.
(d) She has AIDS.
5. What is the name of the other woman in the foursome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator agree to help Mason with?
2. What does the narrator get caught shoplifting?
3. Why does the narrator call Dirty Julie?
4. Why does Colin give money to Candy every time they meet?
5. Why is the narrator so sick while helping Mason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
2. What job does Candy take in Melbourne, and how does the narrator feel about it?
3. What is freebasing?
4. What causes Candy to change her career?
5. How does Candy respond to the death of Schumann?
6. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
7. What does the narrator repeat over and over in the Prologue, and why?
8. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
9. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
10. Why is the narrator unreliable?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)