|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Schumann die?
(a) He overdoses in his cab.
(b) He is shot in a robbery.
(c) He gets in a car wreck.
(d) He falls down some stairs at work.
2. Where does the narrator live after being kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) A hotel.
(d) An abandoned house.
3. How did the narrator's mother die?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She overdosed.
(d) She was in a car accident.
4. Where does Candy go to eat after her reception?
(a) A hotel.
(c) Her house.
(d) A soup kitchen.
5. Who takes Candy to work while in Queens Road?
(a) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other man in the foursome?
2. Why is Candy delivered so early?
3. What color is Candy's wedding dress?
4. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
5. What does Mason say ruined his crop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
2. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
3. What does the boat dream symbolize?
4. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
5. How does the narrator prove that he takes his methadone as directed?
6. What job does Candy think the narrator should take in Chapter 13, and why?
7. How do Candy and the narrator make money while living in Melbourne?
8. What does an eagle symbolize to the narrator?
9. How does the narrator feel while cooking?
10. What job does Candy take in Melbourne, and how does the narrator feel about it?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)