|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's first love?
2. How long does the narrator go without heroin during the drought?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 18 hours.
(d) 2 days.
3. Why does Dirty Julie get angry with the narrator's friends?
(a) They accuse her of giving them bad heroin.
(b) They tip off the cops.
(c) They insult her friends.
(d) They meet with her without an appointment.
4. Where is the special heroin from in Chapter 1?
(c) Sri Lanka.
(d) Viet Nam.
5. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Candy to work while in Queens Road?
2. Where does Candy get married?
3. How much does Colin bring every time he meets with Candy?
4. What does Nick own?
5. What does the narrator use his welfare checks for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Candy and the narrator make money while living in Melbourne?
2. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
3. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
4. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
5. What does the narrator repeat over and over in the Prologue, and why?
6. What is the title of Chapter 2, and what does it mean?
7. Why does the narrator only get to meet Lucy once?
8. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
9. Why does the narrator think Schumann is generous?
10. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)