|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator have a funeral for his baby?
(a) The mortuary.
(b) His house.
(c) The hospital.
(d) A nice park.
2. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
3. Where does the narrator live after being kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
(a) An abandoned house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A warehouse.
4. What is Nick's nickname?
(a) Fat Nick.
(b) St. Nick.
(c) Slick Nick.
(d) Old Nick.
5. Who does the narrator invite to his wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Candy to work while in Queens Road?
2. Where is the special heroin from in Chapter 1?
3. What does the narrator use his welfare checks for?
4. How does Colin first talk to Candy?
5. How many times is the narrator arrested while Candy is in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
2. What excuse does the narrator give for falling asleep at his wedding reception?
3. Why does the narrator fall asleep at his wedding, and what do others think of this?
4. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
5. Why does the narrator say he ruined Candy's life?
6. Who is Tucker, and what does he do for the narrator?
7. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
8. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
9. Why is the narrator unreliable?
10. What causes Candy to change her career?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)