|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mason want to grow a crop?
(a) The jungle.
(b) The desert.
(c) The outback.
(d) His roof.
2. What does the narrator agree to help Mason with?
(a) His home loan.
(b) His crop.
(c) His relationship.
(d) His resume.
3. What does the narrator use his welfare checks for?
(a) To pay the rent.
(b) To buy heroin.
(c) To get flowers for candy.
(d) To buy birth control.
4. Why does the narrator get kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
(a) They insulted the land lord.
(b) All of these.
(c) They didn't pay rent.
(d) They were caught doing drugs.
5. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the narrator go without heroin during the drought?
2. What makes the narrator think his dead baby is alive?
3. Who is the first person Candy tells about her marriage?
4. What is Mason's favorite drug?
5. What color is Candy's wedding dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Candy get rid of crabs?
2. Why does the narrator go to the Cockatoo Club, and what happens to him there?
3. How does the theft of the wallet affect the narrator later in his life?
4. How does the narrator profit from the stolen wallet?
5. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
6. What is the title of Chapter 2, and what does it mean?
7. What do Candy, Lex and the narrator do while they are together in Melbourne?
8. How does the narrator notice that Candy has Hepatitis?
9. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
10. What is the narrator arrested for while Candy is in the hospital with Hepatitis?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)