|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin want to do when he first talks to Candy?
(a) Buy heroin.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Protect her.
2. How are the narrator and Lex related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) Lex is his uncle.
(c) Lex is his Godfather.
(d) They are cousins.
3. What is a heroin drought?
(a) A time when the heroin gets more expensive.
(b) A time when the heroin stops being as effective.
(c) A time where there is no heroin to be purchased.
(d) A time when work and school necessitate a break from heroin.
4. What is Tucker's occupation?
(a) Club owner.
(c) Land Lord.
(d) Drug dealer.
5. What kind of radio station does Schumann listen to?
(a) A handicapped station.
(b) A motivational talk station.
(c) A hard rock station.
(d) A news station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator buy from Nick?
2. How does Schumann die?
3. Where is the special heroin from in Chapter 1?
4. How does the narrator describe his life in the Prologue?
5. Where does the narrator hide his secret stash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator do while Candy is working at the brothel in East Melbourne?
2. How does Candy respond to the death of Schumann?
3. What job does Candy take in Melbourne, and how does the narrator feel about it?
4. What is a coke test?
5. How does the narrator trick his friends after seeing Dirty Julie?
6. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
7. Why is the narrator unreliable?
8. What does the narrator think about while his wife is in labor with their first child?
9. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
10. How did drug use change Schumann's life?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)