|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
2. Where is the special heroin from in Chapter 1?
(a) Sri Lanka.
(d) Viet Nam.
3. Why does the narrator stay in contact with Lester?
(a) To get heroin.
(b) To hear the news.
(c) To get clientelle.
(d) To check on his brother.
4. Where does Candy get married?
(a) A garden.
(b) City Hall.
(c) The Registry Office.
(d) Her church.
5. Who is the first person Candy tells about her marriage?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her dealer.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator live after being kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
2. How many credit cards are in the stolen wallet?
3. Why does the narrator get kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
4. Where does Mason want to grow a crop?
5. Who does Dirty Julie hang around with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Keith wants to spend a night with Candy?
2. Why is the narrator unreliable?
3. What causes Candy to change her career?
4. What happens when the narrator's friends confront Dirty Julie about her tainted stash?
5. Why does the narrator go to the Cockatoo Club, and what happens to him there?
6. What is freebasing?
7. Why does the narrator fall asleep at his wedding, and what do others think of this?
8. How does the narrator profit from the stolen wallet?
9. How does O'Brien get Candy to use heroin after she tries to quit?
10. What is the title of Chapter 2, and what does it mean?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)