|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say allows people to escape?
2. What does Candy tell her mother she has had since being a teen?
(a) Clenched fists.
(b) An addiction.
(c) The wrong path to follow.
(d) A fear.
3. Who does the narrator stay with after feeling betrayed by Candy?
4. Why do Candy and the narrator watch so much TV?
(a) To distract themselves.
(b) To keep from getting high.
(c) To make the most of their high.
(d) To pass the time.
5. Who is the narrator's first client when he gets the recipe right?
6. How much does Casper sell his recipe for?
7. What is different about Chapter 14?
(a) It is told by a different character.
(b) It is in present tense.
(c) It is told in a drug haze.
(d) It is in past tense.
8. When does the narrator feel comforted by heroin?
(a) When it is sold.
(b) When it is in his pot.
(c) When it is not in his house.
(d) When it is in his body.
9. What does the narrator miss about his days when he first started taking heroin?
(a) He was healthier.
(b) He had more money.
(c) His veins were good.
(d) He didn't need as much heroin.
10. What does the narrator imagine Candy's soul like at the end of her using?
(a) It is destroying itself.
(b) It is in a tug of war.
(c) It is a mirror for his own.
(d) It is incredibly unique.
11. What does the narrator tell Candy they can do once they successfully detox?
(a) Get real jobs.
(b) Start all over.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Move overseas.
12. What is a postal worker counting while the narrator is there?
(a) Wads of money.
(b) Mailing addresses.
(d) Check books.
13. How many siblings does the narrator have?
14. What does the narrator do to try and get his mind off detoxing?
(a) Goes swimming.
(b) Eats enormous amounts of food.
(d) Takes other pills.
15. How does Candy's mother feel after visiting Candy's property for Sunday Brunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lends the narrator money for heroin after his trip to the postal office?
2. What causes the narrator to feel betrayed?
3. How many times does the narrator shoot up before cooking?
4. What does Candy experience during detox?
5. Where is Candy heading when she picks up a hitchhiker?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)