|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candy experience during detox?
(a) All of these.
(b) Bone pain.
(c) Cosntant nausea.
(d) Intesne sweating.
2. Why is the narrator so happy for Casper to move in with him?
(a) He has a supply of heroin.
(b) He can help them detox.
(c) He has a real job.
(d) He will pay the rent.
3. How much does Casper sell his recipe for?
4. What does freelancing mean for Candy?
(a) Working without a brothel.
(b) Selling her paintings.
(c) Working new clientelle.
(d) Making house calls.
5. Why do Candy and the narrator watch so much TV?
(a) To make the most of their high.
(b) To distract themselves.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To keep from getting high.
6. What is Alexandra Avenue near?
(a) The river.
(b) The bank.
(c) The park.
(d) The police station.
7. Where is the narrator in his important dream?
(a) A college.
(b) A train.
(c) A boat.
(d) A cloud.
8. What does Methadone do?
(a) Helps addicts get off heroin slowly.
(b) Helps relax addicts when heroin is cut off.
(c) Helps addicts stay nourished during detox.
(d) Helps addicts forget their past.
9. What recipe does Casper sell the narrator?
(a) The recipe for meth.
(b) The recipe for heroin.
(c) The recipe for mash.
(d) The recipe for laced syrup.
10. Where does Candy find most of her clients?
(a) Downtown Melbourne.
(b) Queens Crossing.
(c) Kingss Road.
(d) Grey Street.
11. What does Candy warn the narrator not to do when he leaves the apartment in search of heroin?
(a) Not to get caught.
(b) Not to spend their rent money.
(c) Not to be gone too long.
(d) Not to do anything stupid.
12. When do the narrator and Candy always promise to stop drugs?
(a) When they are out of money.
(b) When they are in prison.
(c) When they are sober.
(d) When they are high.
13. What does the narrator call his needle scars?
(a) Pride spots.
(b) Blasting points.
(c) Converging moments.
(d) Track marks.
14. What does the narrator compare his needle scars to?
(a) A sign.
(b) A road map.
(c) A turnint point.
(d) A message.
15. What drug does Paul Hillman sell?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe his detox experience?
2. What does the narrator admire most about O'Brien?
3. What does Candy write on the walls with?
4. What does the narrator do to try and get his mind off detoxing?
5. What noise bothers Candy the day the narrator meets with Angelo?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)