|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator stay with after feeling betrayed by Candy?
2. Who gets the narrator high when he quits his detoxing?
3. What does Candy warn the narrator not to do when he leaves the apartment in search of heroin?
(a) Not to be gone too long.
(b) Not to do anything stupid.
(c) Not to spend their rent money.
(d) Not to get caught.
4. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
(a) His regular dealers have delays.
(b) He wants to get Candy a raise.
(c) He has no insurance.
(d) He needs some bribe money.
5. What is Sally's occupation?
(c) Drug dealer.
(d) Bar maid.
6. Who lends the narrator money for heroin after his trip to the postal office?
(d) His father.
7. What does the narrator call his needle scars?
(a) Pride spots.
(b) Blasting points.
(c) Track marks.
(d) Converging moments.
8. How often does the narrator have to see a doctor during the methadone program?
(a) Every two weeks.
(b) Every month.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Every week.
9. What is a postal worker counting while the narrator is there?
(b) Check books.
(c) Wads of money.
(d) Mailing addresses.
10. What did the narrator once spill on heroin that he shot up?
(a) Orange juice.
11. What does the narrator think would be in a dream about overdosing?
(b) Rain clouds.
12. What does freelancing mean for Candy?
(a) Working without a brothel.
(b) Working new clientelle.
(c) Making house calls.
(d) Selling her paintings.
13. What is drying out?
(a) Spending food money on drugs.
(c) Using the last of a stash.
(d) Losing weight because of drug abuse.
14. What does Methadone do?
(a) Helps addicts forget their past.
(b) Helps addicts stay nourished during detox.
(c) Helps addicts get off heroin slowly.
(d) Helps relax addicts when heroin is cut off.
15. What is the narrator's saddest memory?
(a) Failing a drug test.
(b) Holding his dead baby.
(c) Taking pills in a hotel room.
(d) Scamming an old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think he is paying for when the narrator scams him?
2. How many times does the narrator shoot up while cooking?
3. What does Candy do to relax during detoxing?
4. What does the man in the BMW threaten the narrator with?
5. What does the narrator do to try and get his mind off detoxing?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)