|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe his detox experience?
(a) Physical pain amplified.
(d) All of these.
2. Who does the narrator stay with after feeling betrayed by Candy?
3. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
(a) He has no insurance.
(b) He needs some bribe money.
(c) He wants to get Candy a raise.
(d) His regular dealers have delays.
4. What does the narrator call his needle scars?
(a) Converging moments.
(b) Track marks.
(c) Blasting points.
(d) Pride spots.
5. What does the narrator admire most about O'Brien?
(a) He has good veins.
(b) He always keeps his promises.
(c) He is quiet and sneaky.
(d) He makes good money.
6. Who gives the narrator and Candy money to buy property together?
(a) The government.
(b) Candy's parents.
(c) The bank.
7. What does David think he is paying for when the narrator scams him?
(a) A kilo of meth.
(b) Oral sex.
(c) A night with Candy.
(d) A new gun.
8. What is drying out?
(a) Losing weight because of drug abuse.
(c) Spending food money on drugs.
(d) Using the last of a stash.
9. How does Candy's mother feel after visiting Candy's property for Sunday Brunch?
10. What does the narrator do when he gets home after getting stitches?
(a) Makes love to Candy.
(b) Starts looking for a job.
(c) Cleans the house.
(d) Shoots up heroin.
11. What is the narrator's saddest memory?
(a) Scamming an old man.
(b) Holding his dead baby.
(c) Failing a drug test.
(d) Taking pills in a hotel room.
12. What noise bothers Candy the day the narrator meets with Angelo?
(a) The radio.
(b) Cars passing.
(c) Water dripping.
(d) The TV.
13. What does the narrator compare his needle scars to?
(a) A turnint point.
(b) A sign.
(c) A road map.
(d) A message.
14. What does the narrator feel like as he experiments with the recipe?
(a) A chemist.
(c) A drunk.
(d) A doctor.
15. Who runs the methadone program that the narrator gets into?
(a) The government.
(b) A welfare program.
(c) His doctor.
(d) A charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does the narrator have?
2. What is a postal worker counting while the narrator is there?
3. What does the narrator tell Candy they can do once they successfully detox?
4. Who lends the narrator money for heroin after his trip to the postal office?
5. Where does Candy find most of her clients?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)