|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do to try and get his mind off detoxing?
(a) Eats enormous amounts of food.
(c) Goes swimming.
(d) Takes other pills.
2. How does Candy's mother feel after visiting Candy's property for Sunday Brunch?
3. What did the narrator once spill on heroin that he shot up?
(b) Orange juice.
4. What does the narrator admire most about O'Brien?
(a) He makes good money.
(b) He always keeps his promises.
(c) He has good veins.
(d) He is quiet and sneaky.
5. What animal does the narrator envision himself as?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A bear.
(d) An eagle.
6. What does the narrator get while at the postal office?
(a) Letters from home.
(b) A job application.
(d) Passport applications.
7. How many days does the narrator last during detox?
8. Who runs the methadone program that the narrator gets into?
(a) A welfare program.
(b) The government.
(c) His doctor.
(d) A charity.
9. What is Sally's occupation?
(b) Bar maid.
(c) Drug dealer.
10. What does freelancing mean for Candy?
(a) Selling her paintings.
(b) Working without a brothel.
(c) Making house calls.
(d) Working new clientelle.
11. What does the narrator call his needle scars?
(a) Track marks.
(b) Blasting points.
(c) Converging moments.
(d) Pride spots.
12. What does the narrator tell Candy they can do once they successfully detox?
(a) Get real jobs.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Move overseas.
(d) Start all over.
13. What does Methadone do?
(a) Helps addicts stay nourished during detox.
(b) Helps addicts forget their past.
(c) Helps relax addicts when heroin is cut off.
(d) Helps addicts get off heroin slowly.
14. How often does the narrator have to see a doctor during the methadone program?
(a) Every two weeks.
(b) Every month.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Every week.
15. Who lends the narrator money for heroin after his trip to the postal office?
(a) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare his needle scars to?
2. What does the narrator consider his job?
3. What does Candy warn the narrator not to do when he leaves the apartment in search of heroin?
4. Why is the narrator so happy for Casper to move in with him?
5. What does the narrator say allows people to escape?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)