|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator once spill on heroin that he shot up?
(b) Orange juice.
2. What is Alexandra Avenue near?
(a) The river.
(b) The park.
(c) The police station.
(d) The bank.
3. What does the narrator ask for while getting his stitches?
4. Why does Candy get into a fight with the narrator after he meets with Angelo?
(a) He is not as sick as she is.
(b) He does not ask her about the meeting.
(c) He spends their grocery money.
(d) He uses some heroin before coming home.
5. Why does the narrator want to go to Thailand?
(a) To get away from his life.
(b) To feel successful.
(c) To show Candy a good time.
(d) To get cheap drugs.
6. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
(a) He wants to get Candy a raise.
(b) His regular dealers have delays.
(c) He has no insurance.
(d) He needs some bribe money.
7. What does Methadone do?
(a) Helps addicts forget their past.
(b) Helps relax addicts when heroin is cut off.
(c) Helps addicts stay nourished during detox.
(d) Helps addicts get off heroin slowly.
8. How much money does the narrator make from David?
9. What recipe does Casper sell the narrator?
(a) The recipe for mash.
(b) The recipe for laced syrup.
(c) The recipe for meth.
(d) The recipe for heroin.
10. Why does the narrator stop wearing a watch?
(a) His arm gets too swollen.
(b) It reminds him of the passing time.
(c) It gets broken in a fight.
(d) He has to sell it.
11. What kind of property do Candy and the narrator buy together?
(a) A cottage.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A farm.
(d) A beach house.
12. In Truth 4, what does the narrator say heroin causes?
13. What is different about Chapter 14?
(a) It is told by a different character.
(b) It is in past tense.
(c) It is in present tense.
(d) It is told in a drug haze.
14. What does the narrator get while at the postal office?
(a) A job application.
(b) Passport applications.
(d) Letters from home.
15. What does David think he is paying for when the narrator scams him?
(a) A new gun.
(b) A night with Candy.
(c) A kilo of meth.
(d) Oral sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do to try and get his mind off detoxing?
2. Who gives the narrator and Candy money to buy property together?
3. What does Candy do to relax during detoxing?
4. What does the narrator imagine Candy's soul like at the end of her using?
5. Who lends the narrator money for heroin after his trip to the postal office?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)