|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the narrator shoot up while cooking?
2. What does David think he is paying for when the narrator scams him?
(a) A night with Candy.
(b) Oral sex.
(c) A kilo of meth.
(d) A new gun.
3. What does the narrator admire most about O'Brien?
(a) He has good veins.
(b) He always keeps his promises.
(c) He makes good money.
(d) He is quiet and sneaky.
4. What does the old hitchhiker call the narrator and Candy?
(a) Good people.
5. What does the narrator get while at the postal office?
(b) Letters from home.
(c) Passport applications.
(d) A job application.
6. When do the narrator and Candy always promise to stop drugs?
(a) When they are sober.
(b) When they are in prison.
(c) When they are high.
(d) When they are out of money.
7. Who runs the methadone program that the narrator gets into?
(a) A welfare program.
(b) The government.
(c) A charity.
(d) His doctor.
8. How much money does the narrator make from David?
9. What is different about Chapter 14?
(a) It is in past tense.
(b) It is told in a drug haze.
(c) It is in present tense.
(d) It is told by a different character.
10. Who lends the narrator money for heroin after his trip to the postal office?
(b) His father.
11. What does the narrator call his needle scars?
(a) Pride spots.
(b) Blasting points.
(c) Track marks.
(d) Converging moments.
12. What noise bothers Candy the day the narrator meets with Angelo?
(a) Water dripping.
(b) Cars passing.
(c) The TV.
(d) The radio.
13. Who gives the narrator and Candy money to buy property together?
(a) The government.
(b) Candy's parents.
(d) The bank.
14. What does the narrator feel like as he experiments with the recipe?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A drunk.
(d) A chemist.
15. Who does the narrator stay with after feeling betrayed by Candy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Candy downgrade in brothels to work at?
2. What does the narrator tell Candy they can do once they successfully detox?
3. What drug does Paul Hillman sell?
4. How much does Casper sell his recipe for?
5. What does Candy tell her mother she has had since being a teen?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)