|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug does Paul Hillman sell?
2. When do the narrator and Candy always promise to stop drugs?
(a) When they are out of money.
(b) When they are sober.
(c) When they are in prison.
(d) When they are high.
3. How often does the narrator have to see a doctor during the methadone program?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every month.
(d) Every two weeks.
4. Who gets the narrator high when he quits his detoxing?
5. What does Candy write on the walls with?
(b) Dirt clods.
6. What does freelancing mean for Candy?
(a) Working new clientelle.
(b) Making house calls.
(c) Selling her paintings.
(d) Working without a brothel.
7. What does the narrator miss about his days when he first started taking heroin?
(a) He was healthier.
(b) He didn't need as much heroin.
(c) His veins were good.
(d) He had more money.
8. Why does Candy downgrade in brothels to work at?
(a) She gets fired.
(b) She comes to work high.
(c) She loses her beauty.
(d) She gets a disease.
9. When does the narrator feel comforted by heroin?
(a) When it is in his pot.
(b) When it is sold.
(c) When it is not in his house.
(d) When it is in his body.
10. What did the narrator once spill on heroin that he shot up?
(b) Orange juice.
11. Why does the narrator stop wearing a watch?
(a) He has to sell it.
(b) His arm gets too swollen.
(c) It reminds him of the passing time.
(d) It gets broken in a fight.
12. Where is the narrator in his important dream?
(a) A college.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A train.
(d) A boat.
13. Why does Candy move out of the warehouse?
(a) She leaves the narrator.
(b) They get evicted.
(c) Her brothel has a new room for her.
(d) They rent out their room.
14. Who does the narrator stay with after feeling betrayed by Candy?
15. How many stitches does the narrator need after Candy hits him with something?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
2. Where does Candy move to after leaving the warehouse?
3. What causes the narrator to feel betrayed?
4. What does Candy experience during detox?
5. How much money does the narrator make from David?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)