|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator so happy for Casper to move in with him?
(a) He can help them detox.
(b) He has a supply of heroin.
(c) He will pay the rent.
(d) He has a real job.
2. What is a postal worker counting while the narrator is there?
(a) Mailing addresses.
(b) Wads of money.
(d) Check books.
3. Why does the narrator want to go to Thailand?
(a) To get away from his life.
(b) To feel successful.
(c) To get cheap drugs.
(d) To show Candy a good time.
4. What is David looking for when he meets the narrator?
(a) Gay sex.
(b) A bodyguard.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) Some meth.
5. What is Sally's occupation?
(b) Bar maid.
(d) Drug dealer.
6. How many siblings does the narrator have?
7. What does the narrator miss about his days when he first started taking heroin?
(a) He was healthier.
(b) He had more money.
(c) He didn't need as much heroin.
(d) His veins were good.
8. Where does Candy move to after leaving the warehouse?
(a) Her brothel.
(b) Port Melbourne.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) A hostel.
9. Why does the narrator meet with Angelo?
(a) He has no insurance.
(b) His regular dealers have delays.
(c) He needs some bribe money.
(d) He wants to get Candy a raise.
10. What is Angelo's nickname?
(a) Guardian Angelo.
(b) Dirty Angelo.
(c) Big Angelo.
(d) Little Angelo.
11. What does Methadone do?
(a) Helps addicts get off heroin slowly.
(b) Helps addicts forget their past.
(c) Helps relax addicts when heroin is cut off.
(d) Helps addicts stay nourished during detox.
12. What is Alexandra Avenue near?
(a) The river.
(b) The police station.
(c) The park.
(d) The bank.
13. Who does the narrator stay with after feeling betrayed by Candy?
14. How does Candy's mother feel after visiting Candy's property for Sunday Brunch?
15. What does the narrator say allows people to escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think he is paying for when the narrator scams him?
2. What does Candy write on the walls with?
3. What does the old hitchhiker call the narrator and Candy?
4. What does Candy experience during detox?
5. What recipe does Casper sell the narrator?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)