|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he spends most of his life doing?
2. What drug does the narrator sell in Chapter 6?
3. Who introduces Candy to heroin?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Her father.
4. What does the narrator get caught shoplifting?
5. What does Candy's father want her to do?
(a) Leave the narrator.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Help him move out.
(d) Quit drugs.
6. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Fear of Failure.
(b) Personal Failure.
(c) Crop Failure.
(d) Failed Again.
7. Where does the narrator have a funeral for his baby?
(a) A nice park.
(b) His house.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The mortuary.
8. What does Candy like to do at Albert Lake Park?
(a) Get high.
(d) Make love.
9. What is Kojak's occupation?
(b) Drug dealer.
(c) Look out.
10. What does Candy replace heroin with when she tries to detox?
(b) Sleeping pills.
(c) All of these.
11. What is Schumann's occupation?
(a) Cab driver.
(d) Store owner.
12. How old was the narrator when his mother died?
13. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
14. How long did Candy run her scam with the narrator?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 18 months.
15. What do Candy and her new husband do on their wedding night?
(a) Travel to New Zealand.
(b) Make love.
(c) Make a big drug sale.
(d) Shoot up heroin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Candy after she loses her baby?
2. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
3. Where does Keith get the money he needs for his night with Candy?
4. What kind of radio station does Schumann listen to?
5. Why did Schumann stop selling drugs?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)