|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the narrator invite his father to his wedding?
(a) He doesn't know where to find him.
(b) He owes him money.
(c) He is afraid of him.
(d) He forgets.
2. Who is the first person Candy tells about her marriage?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her landlord.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her dealer.
3. What does Candy promise to do when she goes to Melbourne?
(a) Stay faithful to the narrator.
(b) Go to detox.
(c) Find a new dealer.
(d) Get a real job.
4. Who takes Candy to work while in Queens Road?
(c) The narrator.
5. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
(a) She has diarhea for a week.
(b) She is weak and listless.
(c) She is turning yellow.
(d) All of these.
6. Where does Candy get married?
(a) The Registry Office.
(b) City Hall.
(c) Her church.
(d) A garden.
7. What haunts the narrator after stealing the wallet?
(a) Roger's voice.
(b) The name of the owner.
(c) The feel of leather.
(d) His stolen money.
8. How does Schumann die?
(a) He overdoses in his cab.
(b) He gets in a car wreck.
(c) He falls down some stairs at work.
(d) He is shot in a robbery.
9. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
10. Why does Dirty Julie get angry with the narrator's friends?
(a) They tip off the cops.
(b) They accuse her of giving them bad heroin.
(c) They insult her friends.
(d) They meet with her without an appointment.
11. How long does the narrator go without heroin during the drought?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 18 hours.
12. What is the name of the other man in the foursome?
13. Where does Mason want to grow a crop?
(a) The desert.
(b) The outback.
(c) The jungle.
(d) His roof.
14. What is Ronny Radar's occupation?
(a) Talent Agent.
(d) Drug dealer.
15. Who does the narrator invite to his wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 1?
2. Who introduces Candy to heroin?
3. How did the narrator's mother die?
4. What does Candy like to do at Albert Lake Park?
5. What kind of activities does Candy enjoy while trying to detox?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)