|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's first love?
2. Where does the narrator meet Ronny Radar?
(a) Needle Alley.
(b) The Grocery store.
(c) The Joint.
(d) The Cockatoo Club.
3. Why is the narrator so sick while helping Mason?
(a) He doesn't handle heat well.
(b) He is still high.
(c) He is coming down from his high.
(d) He didn't get any sleep.
4. What part of Melbourne is Queens Road in?
(a) The country entrance.
(b) The elite part.
(c) The ghetto.
(d) Down town.
5. Where is the special heroin from in Chapter 1?
(a) Sri Lanka.
(b) Viet Nam.
6. What does Mason say ruined his crop?
(a) Heavy rain.
(c) All of these.
(d) Dry weather.
7. How did the narrator's mother die?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She overdosed.
(d) She was shot.
8. What kind of scam did the narrator once run?
(a) A credit card scam.
(b) A couponing scam.
(c) An Internet scam.
(d) A mail scam.
9. Who helps Candy after she loses her baby?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A grief counselor.
(d) A drug dealer.
10. Who is the first person Candy tells about her marriage?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her landlord.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her dealer.
11. Why does Colin give money to Candy every time they meet?
(a) He wants to help her.
(b) He pays for drugs.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He pays down his debt to her.
12. Where does the narrator hide heroin while helping Mason?
(a) In the apartment.
(b) In the truck.
(c) In the seed bag.
(d) In his pants pocket.
13. What is Tucker's occupation?
(b) Land Lord.
(c) Drug dealer.
(d) Club owner.
14. What makes the narrator think his dead baby is alive?
(a) The baby squeezes his hand.
(b) The baby sighs.
(c) The baby is warm.
(d) The baby has a spasm.
15. What does Candy like to do at Albert Lake Park?
(c) Make love.
(d) Get high.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Candy go into labor?
2. What is Ronny Radar's occupation?
3. Where does the narrator have a funeral for his baby?
4. Where does Keith get the money he needs for his night with Candy?
5. What is Schumann's occupation?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)