|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator get caught shoplifting?
2. What is a heroin drought?
(a) A time when the heroin gets more expensive.
(b) A time when work and school necessitate a break from heroin.
(c) A time when the heroin stops being as effective.
(d) A time where there is no heroin to be purchased.
3. Where does Keith get the money he needs for his night with Candy?
(a) His wife.
(b) He steals it.
(c) The bank.
(d) His dealer.
4. What does the narrator say he spends most of his life doing?
5. How old was the narrator when his mother died?
6. What does Candy's father want her to do?
(a) Quit drugs.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Help him move out.
(d) Leave the narrator.
7. What does the narrator buy from Nick?
(b) Fake IDs.
(d) An apartment.
8. Where does Candy get married?
(a) Her church.
(b) A garden.
(c) The Registry Office.
(d) City Hall.
9. How does Colin first talk to Candy?
(a) He calls a payphone.
(b) He enters her brothel.
(c) He calls her hotel room.
(d) He sees her at a meeting.
10. Why doesn't the narrator invite his father to his wedding?
(a) He doesn't know where to find him.
(b) He owes him money.
(c) He is afraid of him.
(d) He forgets.
11. What is the narrator's first love?
12. Why is Candy delivered so early?
(a) She is in labor.
(b) She is high.
(c) She has AIDS.
(d) She is bleeding.
13. Who takes care of the narrator when he gets injured by Dirty Julie's friends?
(d) His mother.
14. How does the narrator realize he has an addiction?
(a) He lost all his morals over heroin.
(b) He cannot stop taking heroin.
(c) He has ruined his life over heroin.
(d) He considered leaving Candy to stop sharing heroin.
15. Why did Schumann stop selling drugs?
(a) He went to rehab.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He made enough money to stop.
(d) He was in a scam that went wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
2. What kind of radio station does Schumann listen to?
3. Why does Colin give money to Candy every time they meet?
4. What haunts the narrator after stealing the wallet?
5. What does Colin want to do when he first talks to Candy?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)