|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Personal Failure.
(b) Crop Failure.
(c) Fear of Failure.
(d) Failed Again.
2. Why is Candy delivered so early?
(a) She has AIDS.
(b) She is high.
(c) She is bleeding.
(d) She is in labor.
3. Why doesn't the narrator invite his father to his wedding?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He forgets.
(c) He owes him money.
(d) He doesn't know where to find him.
4. What is the name of the other woman in the foursome?
5. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
(a) She is turning yellow.
(b) She has diarhea for a week.
(c) She is weak and listless.
(d) All of these.
6. Where does the narrator have a funeral for his baby?
(a) The mortuary.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His house.
(d) A nice park.
7. What does Candy promise to do when she goes to Melbourne?
(a) Get a real job.
(b) Go to detox.
(c) Stay faithful to the narrator.
(d) Find a new dealer.
8. Where does the narrator hide heroin while helping Mason?
(a) In the truck.
(b) In the seed bag.
(c) In the apartment.
(d) In his pants pocket.
9. What makes the narrator think his dead baby is alive?
(a) The baby is warm.
(b) The baby squeezes his hand.
(c) The baby has a spasm.
(d) The baby sighs.
10. How many credit cards are in the stolen wallet?
11. What color is Candy's wedding dress?
12. What is Nick's nickname?
(a) Fat Nick.
(b) Old Nick.
(c) St. Nick.
(d) Slick Nick.
13. How long does the narrator think it takes to detox?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. How does Candy get her wedding dress to be the color she wanted?
(a) She trades it.
(b) She dyes it.
(c) She makes it.
(d) She bleaches it.
15. Where is the special heroin from in Chapter 1?
(c) Sri Lanka.
(d) Viet Nam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Schumann stop selling drugs?
2. What do Candy and her new husband do on their wedding night?
3. What does Keith give as collateral for his night with Candy?
4. What kind of scam did the narrator once run?
5. Where does the narrator live after being kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)