|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Candy to work while in Queens Road?
(c) The narrator.
2. Who helps Candy after she loses her baby?
(a) A grief counselor.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) Her doctor.
(d) Her mother.
3. How does Candy get her wedding dress to be the color she wanted?
(a) She makes it.
(b) She trades it.
(c) She bleaches it.
(d) She dyes it.
4. What does Candy replace heroin with when she tries to detox?
(a) All of these.
(d) Sleeping pills.
5. What disease does Candy get in Chapter 10?
6. What does Candy promise to do when she goes to Melbourne?
(a) Find a new dealer.
(b) Go to detox.
(c) Stay faithful to the narrator.
(d) Get a real job.
7. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
(a) She is turning yellow.
(b) She is weak and listless.
(c) She has diarhea for a week.
(d) All of these.
8. How does the narrator describe his life in the Prologue?
9. Where is Candy's reception?
(a) City Hall.
(b) A local restaurant.
(c) A church.
(d) Her parents' house.
10. What does the narrator think of Schumann's death?
(a) He got what he deserved.
(b) He will haunt him.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He died happy.
11. Where does the narrator have a funeral for his baby?
(a) The mortuary.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His house.
(d) A nice park.
12. How does the narrator realize he has an addiction?
(a) He lost all his morals over heroin.
(b) He has ruined his life over heroin.
(c) He considered leaving Candy to stop sharing heroin.
(d) He cannot stop taking heroin.
13. What does Colin want to do when he first talks to Candy?
(a) Buy heroin.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Protect her.
14. Where does the narrator hide heroin while helping Mason?
(a) In the truck.
(b) In the seed bag.
(c) In the apartment.
(d) In his pants pocket.
15. How much does a night with Candy on Queens Road cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Keith give up front for a night with Candy?
2. How much does Colin bring every time he meets with Candy?
3. Where does the narrator live after being kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
4. Why does the narrator call Dirty Julie?
5. What does the narrator use his welfare checks for?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)