|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Candy quarantined in the hospital?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 weeks.
2. Why is the narrator so sick while helping Mason?
(a) He is coming down from his high.
(b) He didn't get any sleep.
(c) He is still high.
(d) He doesn't handle heat well.
3. Why doesn't the narrator invite his father to his wedding?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He owes him money.
(c) He forgets.
(d) He doesn't know where to find him.
4. Where is Candy's reception?
(a) City Hall.
(b) A local restaurant.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) A church.
5. How are the narrator and Lex related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) Lex is his uncle.
(c) Lex is his Godfather.
(d) They are cousins.
6. What do Candy and her new husband do on their wedding night?
(a) Travel to New Zealand.
(b) Shoot up heroin.
(c) Make love.
(d) Make a big drug sale.
7. What makes the narrator think his dead baby is alive?
(a) The baby sighs.
(b) The baby squeezes his hand.
(c) The baby has a spasm.
(d) The baby is warm.
8. Why did Schumann stop selling drugs?
(a) He was in a scam that went wrong.
(b) He went to rehab.
(c) He made enough money to stop.
(d) His mother died.
9. Where does the narrator hide heroin while helping Mason?
(a) In the truck.
(b) In his pants pocket.
(c) In the seed bag.
(d) In the apartment.
10. What does the narrator use his welfare checks for?
(a) To get flowers for candy.
(b) To buy heroin.
(c) To buy birth control.
(d) To pay the rent.
11. When does Candy go into labor?
(a) At 34 weeks of pregnancy.
(b) At 22 weeks of pregnancy.
(c) At 29 weeks of pregnancy.
(d) At 32 weeks of pregnancy.
12. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
(a) She has diarhea for a week.
(b) She is turning yellow.
(c) She is weak and listless.
(d) All of these.
13. How many credit cards are in the stolen wallet?
14. Who does the narrator invite to his wedding?
15. Where does Keith get the money he needs for his night with Candy?
(a) The bank.
(b) His wife.
(c) He steals it.
(d) His dealer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Colin first talk to Candy?
2. What is the name of the other woman in the foursome?
3. Where does the narrator live after being kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
4. What is Nick's nickname?
5. How long does the narrator think it takes to detox?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)