|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kojak's occupation?
(a) Look out.
(c) Drug dealer.
2. Who takes Candy to work while in Queens Road?
(d) The narrator.
3. Why is Candy delivered so early?
(a) She is in labor.
(b) She has AIDS.
(c) She is high.
(d) She is bleeding.
4. What does the narrator say he spends most of his life doing?
5. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
(a) All of these.
(b) She has diarhea for a week.
(c) She is turning yellow.
(d) She is weak and listless.
6. What does Keith give as collateral for his night with Candy?
(a) His wedding ring.
(b) His credit card.
(c) Some stock bonds.
(d) A kilo of hash.
7. Where does Mason want to grow a crop?
(a) The outback.
(b) The desert.
(c) The jungle.
(d) His roof.
8. Who does Dirty Julie hang around with?
9. Where is the special heroin from in Chapter 1?
(b) Viet Nam.
(c) Sri Lanka.
10. How is the narrator injured when Dirty Julie gets angry with his friends?
(a) He sprains his ankle.
(b) He gets a broken nose.
(c) He cuts his knuckles.
(d) He gets a black eye.
11. What makes the narrator think his dead baby is alive?
(a) The baby has a spasm.
(b) The baby is warm.
(c) The baby squeezes his hand.
(d) The baby sighs.
12. What is Schumann's occupation?
(b) Store owner.
(d) Cab driver.
13. Where does the narrator live after being kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) A hostel.
14. What is the name of the other man in the foursome?
15. What kind of activities does Candy enjoy while trying to detox?
(a) Active things.
(b) Normal things.
(c) Productive things.
(d) Academic things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Candy to heroin?
2. Where does Candy get married?
3. What kind of radio station does Schumann listen to?
4. What does Colin want to do when he first talks to Candy?
5. What does Candy replace heroin with when she tries to detox?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)