|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator have a funeral for his baby?
(a) His house.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The mortuary.
(d) A nice park.
2. What kind of radio station does Schumann listen to?
(a) A news station.
(b) A hard rock station.
(c) A handicapped station.
(d) A motivational talk station.
3. Where does Keith get the money he needs for his night with Candy?
(a) He steals it.
(b) His wife.
(c) His dealer.
(d) The bank.
4. Who is the first person Candy tells about her marriage?
(a) Her dealer.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her landlord.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Colin want to do when he first talks to Candy?
(a) Buy heroin.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Protect her.
(d) Have sex.
6. Why does the narrator call Dirty Julie?
(a) To get heroin during the drought.
(b) To catch up on old time.
(c) To arrange a meeting.
(d) To fulfill a favor.
7. What kind of activities does Candy enjoy while trying to detox?
(a) Productive things.
(b) Active things.
(c) Normal things.
(d) Academic things.
8. What part of Melbourne is Queens Road in?
(a) The country entrance.
(b) The elite part.
(c) Down town.
(d) The ghetto.
9. What is Mason's favorite drug?
10. What haunts the narrator after stealing the wallet?
(a) The feel of leather.
(b) Roger's voice.
(c) The name of the owner.
(d) His stolen money.
11. Where does the narrator meet Ronny Radar?
(a) Needle Alley.
(b) The Cockatoo Club.
(c) The Grocery store.
(d) The Joint.
12. What is the narrator's first love?
13. Who takes Candy to work while in Queens Road?
(c) The narrator.
14. What does the narrator use his welfare checks for?
(a) To pay the rent.
(b) To get flowers for candy.
(c) To buy heroin.
(d) To buy birth control.
15. How does the narrator realize that Candy needs to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 10?
(a) She is turning yellow.
(b) All of these.
(c) She has diarhea for a week.
(d) She is weak and listless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the stolen wallet found?
2. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
3. How much money does Keith give up front for a night with Candy?
4. How does the narrator realize he has an addiction?
5. What is the name of the other woman in the foursome?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)