|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Candy get married?
(a) The Registry Office.
(b) City Hall.
(c) Her church.
(d) A garden.
2. How does the narrator describe his life in the Prologue?
3. What does Nick own?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) A limosuine.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A bar.
4. Why does the narrator call Dirty Julie?
(a) To arrange a meeting.
(b) To get heroin during the drought.
(c) To fulfill a favor.
(d) To catch up on old time.
5. How many credit cards are in the stolen wallet?
6. How does Colin first talk to Candy?
(a) He sees her at a meeting.
(b) He calls a payphone.
(c) He enters her brothel.
(d) He calls her hotel room.
7. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
8. How much does a night with Candy on Queens Road cost?
9. Why does the narrator get kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
(a) They were caught doing drugs.
(b) They didn't pay rent.
(c) All of these.
(d) They insulted the land lord.
10. Where does the narrator hide his secret stash?
(a) The toilet.
(b) His sock.
(c) His lunch box.
(d) The freezer.
11. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Personal Failure.
(b) Fear of Failure.
(c) Failed Again.
(d) Crop Failure.
12. What is the name of the other woman in the foursome?
13. Where does the narrator hide heroin while helping Mason?
(a) In his pants pocket.
(b) In the truck.
(c) In the seed bag.
(d) In the apartment.
14. What is the name of the other man in the foursome?
15. Who helps Candy after she loses her baby?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A grief counselor.
(d) Her doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Candy to work while in Queens Road?
2. Why does the narrator stay in contact with Lester?
3. Why doesn't the narrator invite his father to his wedding?
4. Where does the narrator have a funeral for his baby?
5. How does Candy get her wedding dress to be the color she wanted?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)