|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator live after being kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
(a) An abandoned house.
(b) A hostel.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) A hotel.
2. What is Schumann's occupation?
(a) Store owner.
(c) Cab driver.
3. What is Mason's favorite drug?
4. What does Candy replace heroin with when she tries to detox?
(b) All of these.
(c) Sleeping pills.
5. What drug does the narrator sell in Chapter 6?
6. How many times is the narrator arrested while Candy is in the hospital?
(a) Three times.
(d) None at all.
7. What disease does Candy get in Chapter 10?
8. What makes the narrator think his dead baby is alive?
(a) The baby squeezes his hand.
(b) The baby has a spasm.
(c) The baby is warm.
(d) The baby sighs.
9. What does Colin want to do when he first talks to Candy?
(a) Protect her.
(b) Buy heroin.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Commit suicide.
10. Why does the narrator get kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
(a) They were caught doing drugs.
(b) They insulted the land lord.
(c) They didn't pay rent.
(d) All of these.
11. Who takes Candy to work while in Queens Road?
(d) The narrator.
12. What does the narrator agree to help Mason with?
(a) His home loan.
(b) His crop.
(c) His resume.
(d) His relationship.
13. Where does Keith get the money he needs for his night with Candy?
(a) His dealer.
(b) The bank.
(c) His wife.
(d) He steals it.
14. How long does the narrator think it takes to detox?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 12 hours.
15. Who tampers with Dirty Julie's heroin?
(b) Dirty Julie.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of Schumann's death?
2. Who takes care of the narrator when he gets injured by Dirty Julie's friends?
3. What does Candy promise to do when she goes to Melbourne?
4. Who does Dirty Julie hang around with?
5. What is the title of Chapter 1?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)