|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Candy delivered so early?
(a) She is bleeding.
(b) She is in labor.
(c) She has AIDS.
(d) She is high.
2. Where does the narrator live after being kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
(a) A hostel.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) A hotel.
3. What does the narrator say he spends most of his life doing?
4. Why does the narrator stay in contact with Lester?
(a) To hear the news.
(b) To check on his brother.
(c) To get clientelle.
(d) To get heroin.
5. Where does the narrator hide his secret stash?
(a) His sock.
(b) His lunch box.
(c) The freezer.
(d) The toilet.
6. What is the name of the other man in the foursome?
7. What disease does Candy get in Chapter 10?
8. How does Colin first talk to Candy?
(a) He calls a payphone.
(b) He enters her brothel.
(c) He calls her hotel room.
(d) He sees her at a meeting.
9. Where does Candy get married?
(a) The Registry Office.
(b) A garden.
(c) Her church.
(d) City Hall.
10. How long does the narrator go without heroin during the drought?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 2 days.
11. How much does a night with Candy on Queens Road cost?
12. Who helps Candy after she loses her baby?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) A grief counselor.
(d) Her mother.
13. What part of Melbourne is Queens Road in?
(a) The country entrance.
(b) The elite part.
(c) Down town.
(d) The ghetto.
14. Why does Dirty Julie get angry with the narrator's friends?
(a) They tip off the cops.
(b) They meet with her without an appointment.
(c) They accuse her of giving them bad heroin.
(d) They insult her friends.
15. Who introduces Candy to heroin?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel during the drought?
2. What is Schumann's occupation?
3. Where does the narrator meet Ronny Radar?
4. How long does the narrator think it takes to detox?
5. Where does Keith get the money he needs for his night with Candy?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)