|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator agree to help Mason with?
(a) His resume.
(b) His home loan.
(c) His relationship.
(d) His crop.
2. Where does Candy go to eat after her reception?
(b) Her house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A soup kitchen.
3. Why does the narrator get kicked out of the Queens Road flat?
(a) They didn't pay rent.
(b) They insulted the land lord.
(c) They were caught doing drugs.
(d) All of these.
4. How old was the narrator when his mother died?
5. Why does Dirty Julie get angry with the narrator's friends?
(a) They tip off the cops.
(b) They accuse her of giving them bad heroin.
(c) They insult her friends.
(d) They meet with her without an appointment.
6. How does Colin first talk to Candy?
(a) He calls a payphone.
(b) He enters her brothel.
(c) He calls her hotel room.
(d) He sees her at a meeting.
7. What kind of activities does Candy enjoy while trying to detox?
(a) Normal things.
(b) Active things.
(c) Productive things.
(d) Academic things.
8. What is Nick's nickname?
(a) Fat Nick.
(b) Old Nick.
(c) St. Nick.
(d) Slick Nick.
9. Why does Colin give money to Candy every time they meet?
(a) He wants to help her.
(b) He pays for drugs.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He pays down his debt to her.
10. What does the narrator get caught shoplifting?
11. What is the narrator's name?
(a) He never gives it.
12. What is Ronny Radar's occupation?
(b) Talent Agent.
(d) Drug dealer.
13. Why did Schumann stop selling drugs?
(a) His mother died.
(b) He made enough money to stop.
(c) He was in a scam that went wrong.
(d) He went to rehab.
14. What does the narrator think of Schumann's death?
(a) He died happy.
(b) He got what he deserved.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He will haunt him.
15. What makes the narrator think his dead baby is alive?
(a) The baby squeezes his hand.
(b) The baby is warm.
(c) The baby has a spasm.
(d) The baby sighs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide heroin while helping Mason?
2. What do Candy and her new husband do on their wedding night?
3. What is the name of the other man in the foursome?
4. What is the name of the other woman in the foursome?
5. What does Candy replace heroin with when she tries to detox?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)