|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator use his welfare checks for?
(a) To get flowers for candy.
(b) To buy heroin.
(c) To buy birth control.
(d) To pay the rent.
2. What does Mason say ruined his crop?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) Dry weather.
(c) All of these.
3. What makes the narrator think his dead baby is alive?
(a) The baby has a spasm.
(b) The baby squeezes his hand.
(c) The baby sighs.
(d) The baby is warm.
4. What is a heroin drought?
(a) A time when the heroin stops being as effective.
(b) A time where there is no heroin to be purchased.
(c) A time when the heroin gets more expensive.
(d) A time when work and school necessitate a break from heroin.
5. What disease is the narrator afraid of getting?
6. What is Tucker's occupation?
(a) Club owner.
(b) Land Lord.
(c) Drug dealer.
7. How does Colin first talk to Candy?
(a) He calls her hotel room.
(b) He sees her at a meeting.
(c) He enters her brothel.
(d) He calls a payphone.
8. What drug does the narrator sell in Chapter 6?
9. What does Nick own?
(a) A limosuine.
(b) A cafe.
(c) An apartment complex.
(d) A bar.
10. Who helps Candy after she loses her baby?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A grief counselor.
11. How long does the narrator go without heroin during the drought?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 12 hours.
12. How long did Candy run her scam with the narrator?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 year.
13. Why did Schumann stop selling drugs?
(a) His mother died.
(b) He made enough money to stop.
(c) He was in a scam that went wrong.
(d) He went to rehab.
14. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Fear of Failure.
(b) Personal Failure.
(c) Crop Failure.
(d) Failed Again.
15. Where does Candy get married?
(a) The Registry Office.
(b) City Hall.
(c) A garden.
(d) Her church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Candy's wedding dress?
2. What does Candy's father want her to do?
3. How are the narrator and Lex related?
4. What does the narrator put in a packet before going to see Dirty Julie?
5. Where is the special heroin from in Chapter 1?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)