|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the actress Candide likes play?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
2. With what are the children playing in the schoolyard of the village in the mountains?
3. What does the man of the couple in Chapter 24, Friar Giroflee, say about his happiness?
(a) He was abandoned by his family.
(b) He does not want to be in the monastery.
(c) He loves a married woman.
(d) Paquette gave him a venereal disease.
4. What does the Baron fear for any children that Candide and Cunégonde might have?
(a) They will be ugly.
(b) They will be poor.
(c) They couldn't enter the noble assemblies of Germany.
(d) They will be stupid.
5. Which group of people captures Candide and Cacambo, binds them, and threatens to eat them?
(a) The Oreillons.
(b) The Inquisitors.
(c) The Jesuits.
(d) The Bulgarians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Candide and Martin are walking to dinner one night. What does Cacambo accosts Candide to tell him?
2. To whom is Candide directed when he asks to know the name of the country that is so much better than Westphalia?
3. After Candide buys back Cunegonde and the old woman, where do they all go to live?
4. Where does Candide promise to meet Cacambo?
5. What strange sight do Cacambo and Candide witness running across the field in Chapter 16?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)