|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the English think about killing an admiral every once in a while?
(a) It makes the sailors happy.
(b) It is a good motivator for the other admirals.
(c) It gives the people something to do.
(d) Its just something they have always done.
2. How long do Candide and Martin argue while on board the ship?
(a) Six months.
(b) One day.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What carries the carriages in the village?
(a) Red antelope.
(b) Red dogs.
(c) Blue horses.
(d) Red sheep.
4. What skill does Paquette develop?
(a) Writing poems.
(b) Doing embroidery.
5. What is the response to Candide's question about religion in the country with gold streets?
(a) The old man says each person has his own rleigion.
(b) The old man says they worship a golden calf.
(c) The old man answers there are no religions in his country.
(d) The old man says their religion is animism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candide consider the only thing he has really lost?
2. What happens to the man on the deck of the naval vessel?
3. Why do the Oreillons who captured them decide not to cook and eat Candide and Cacambo?
4. The land of Eldorado is the ancient kingdom of whom?
5. When Candide and Martin arrive in a new country after Paris, whose execution dot they observe?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)