Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language do the people in the village speak?
2. Who are the two convicts Candide sees who are repeatedly whipped for not rowing well enough?
(a) Mr. Issachar and Cacambo.
(b) The governor and the Grand Inquisitor.
(c) Dr. Pangloss and Cunégonde's brother.
(d) Martin and Cacambo.
3. How long do Candide and Cacambo stay in the palace?
(a) One month.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
4. What strange sight do Cacambo and Candide witness running across the field in Chapter 16?
(a) two girls having their clothes ripped off by monkeys.
(b) Two naked girls pulling monkeys' tails.
(c) two naked girls chased by monkeys biting at their buttocks.
(d) naked soldiers sword fighting with two monkeys.
5. Where do Candide, Martin, Cacambo, Pangloss, and the Baron find Cunegonde and the old woman?
(a) In a kitchen.
(b) On a slave block.
(c) On the banks of Propontis.
(d) In a laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Candide and Martin have to stay on the Dutch ship before it sails?
2. How is the problem of the Baron solved in Chapter 30?
3. What are Cunégonde and the old woman doing when Candide finds them on the banks of Propontis?
4. What does Candide want to experience with a traveling companion?
5. What does Candide's new traveling partner to Bordeaux profess to be?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)