|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the actress Candide likes play?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
2. Candide puts out word that he will give what for an honest traveling companion?
(a) A ship passage to Constantinople.
(b) Two thousand piastres and a room and board.
(c) A horse to carry his possessions.
(d) A woman for the companion to marry.
3. What is Cunegonde unaware of, regarding Cunegonde in Chapter 29?
(a) that she has turned ugly.
(b) That Candide has been looking for her.
(c) That one of the men is her brother.
(d) That Candide has bought her.
4. What does Cunegonde remind Candide about in Chapter 29?
(a) What they did behind the screen.
(b) his promise to marry her.
(c) where she hid her diamonds.
(d) How he left her in Buenos aires.
5. How long do Candide and Martin argue while on board the ship?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Candide stabs Cunégonde's brother?
2. What do all the characters at the farm end up deciding to do at the end of the book?
3. Why does Martin agree to continue on with Candide to Venice?
4. Where is the ship that Candide eventually gets on headed?
5. Why does Candide become more and more unhappy in Chapter 30?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)