|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the captain of the sunken ship?
(a) The Governor of Buenos Aires.
(c) A Jesuit.
(d) The Dutch captain who swindled Candide.
2. Who comes to the farm with Paquette?
(b) Friar Giroflée.
(c) The old woman.
(d) The Baroness.
3. Why is Martin arrested in Paris?
(a) Impersonating a priest.
(d) Accosting a woman.
4. What positive point does a spectator say executions have in England?
(a) To serve as entertainment purposes.
(b) To keep the guillotine sharp.
(c) To keep leaders motivated.
(d) To keep a positive morale.
5. According to the abbé, how many good plays have been written in France?
(a) Fifteen or sixteen.
(d) A hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Candide give the sheep in Bordeaux?
2. Why do the foreigners at the inn come to Venice?
3. What is Pococurante's attitude toward his art collection?
4. On which of the following things does Candide not complement Senator Pococurante?
5. Why do Candide and Cacambo decide not to stay in that area where they narrowly escaped being cooked and eaten?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)