|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Candide been to France before arriving with Martin?
(b) Eight times.
(c) Zero times.
(d) Four times.
2. What is the sole survivor of the sunken ship?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) The captain.
(c) One of Candide's red sheep.
(d) A treasure chest.
3. What does the old woman think is worse than all of the torments that she has suffered?
(a) Being poor.
(b) Being unloved.
(c) Going hungry.
(d) Doing nothing.
4. After a hundred days, how many of the sheep are left carrying gold and jewels?
5. What does Candide give the French lady for taking him to bed?
(a) All of his jewels.
(b) the diamond ring that is on his finger.
(c) A small bag of gold dust.
(d) Several diamonds and rubies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Cunégonde know she has become ugly?
2. What effect does the execution in Chapter 23 have on Candide?
3. Candide and his new traveling companion, Martin, leave on a ship bound for where in Chapter 20?
4. Candide and Martin are walking to dinner one night. What does Cacambo accosts Candide to tell him?
5. What is Brother Giroflée tempted to run off and do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)