|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Cacambo give to the Governor of Buenos Aires to buy Cunégonde?
(a) Two million worth of diamonds.
(b) Five francs.
(c) One thousand worth of diamonds.
(d) Three diamonds.
2. What do Candide and his new traveling partner to Bordeaux rescue from the ocean in Chapter 20?
(a) A porpose caught in a net.
(b) The crew of the evil captain's ship.
(c) One of his red sheep.
(d) His last two sheep.
3. What is the custom in Eldorado when someone meets the king?
(a) Embrace the king and kiss both his cheeks.
(b) Prostrate oneself flat on the ground.
(c) Bow down to show respect for the king.
(d) Cover one's face so the king cannot see you.
4. How is the problem of the Baron solved in Chapter 30?
(a) He is turned over to the Bulgarians.
(b) He is sent back to Westphalia.
(c) He is sold back to be a galley slave.
(d) He is locked in a room.
5. Upon seeing the strange sight running across a field in Chapter 16, what does Candide do?
(a) Shoots the monkeys.
(b) Challenges the sword fighters.
(c) Falls down laughing hysterically.
(d) Shoots the girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Candide and his traveling partner to Bordeaux finally reach the shore in Chapter 21, what country do they see?
2. Where does Cacambo say Cunegonde is in Chapter 26?
3. After everyone goes to work on the farm, what do they discover?
4. What happens to Paquette after Candide leaves Westphalia?
5. How had Pangloss survived the hanging?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)