|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is known as the best philosopher in the area?
(a) A local dervish.
2. Why is Martin arrested in Paris?
(a) Impersonating a priest.
(b) Accosting a woman.
3. How long do Candide and Cacambo stay in the palace?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One year.
4. What role does the actress Candide likes play?
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Marie Antoinette.
5. What does the King of Eldorado provide for Candide and Cacambo as they leave?
(a) An escort of 30 Eldorado soldiers to prevent robbery.
(b) A flying carpet to carry them over the mountains.
(c) Red sheep to ride on and 20 red sheep each to carry treasure.
(d) A large raft to carry them down the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Candide puts out word that he will give what for an honest traveling companion?
2. At a stream they come to in Chapter 17, what do Candide and Cacambo discover?
3. What crime had landed the young Baron as a galley slave?
4. Why does Martin agree to continue on with Candide to Venice?
5. With what are the roads paved in the village at which Candide and Cacambo arrive in the rocky mountains?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)