|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candide wonder about because of Cacambo's impoverished condition?
(a) The six million worth of diamonds when they last parted.
(b) Why he seems so happy.
(c) What kind of master he has.
(d) How did he find Cunegonde while he was a slave.
2. In Chapter 19, where does Candide plan to go to wait for Cacambo and Cunegonde?
3. How does Cacambo describe Cunégonde's appearance as she has gotten older?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She is plainer than before.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is more beautiful than ever.
4. Who does Candide donate his sheep to?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A rich widow.
(c) The Church.
(d) The Bordeaux Academy of Science.
5. What does Martin say should be done with the Baron?
(a) He should go back to Westphalia.
(b) He should be made a king.
(c) He should be arrested.
(d) He should be thrown into the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which destination does Martin agree to continue with Candide in Chapter 21?
2. In Chapter 25, when does Candide say he will be the only happy man in the world?
3. Who could answer Candide's questions about the golden country?
4. Why does Candide apologize to Cunegonde's brother in Chapter 28?
5. What is the one thing that Candide tells Martin is better than Eldorado?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)