|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Candide and his new traveling companion, Martin, leave on a ship bound for where in Chapter 20?
2. What does the King of Eldorado provide for Candide and Cacambo as they leave?
(a) A large raft to carry them down the river.
(b) A flying carpet to carry them over the mountains.
(c) An escort of 30 Eldorado soldiers to prevent robbery.
(d) Red sheep to ride on and 20 red sheep each to carry treasure.
3. How many times has Candide been to France before arriving with Martin?
(a) Zero times.
(b) Four times.
(c) Eight times.
4. In Bordeaux, what does Candide do with the red sheep?
(a) He sells their unusual red wool and then eats them.
(b) He barbecues them.
(c) He gives the sheep to the Academy of Sciences to study.
(d) He gives them to the church.
5. What job does Martin get in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Baron imprisoned after his recovery?
2. What do Candide and Martin see swimming in the water and rescue?
3. Where do Candide and Cacambo decide to go after they rule out going back to Cunégonde, going to Germany, and staying near the Oreillons?
4. Why do Candide and Cacambo decide not to stay in that area where they narrowly escaped being cooked and eaten?
5. How does Senator Pococurante treat his female servants?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)