|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candide's new traveling partner to Bordeaux profess to be?
(a) A Jesuit.
(b) A Protestant.
(c) A Manichaean.
(d) An atheist.
2. Why is Cunégonde's brother arrested in Constantinople?
(a) For stealing a loaf of bread.
(b) For bathing with the Sultan's page.
(c) For praying in a mosque.
(d) For preaching Christian doctrine.
3. In Chapter 30, why does Pangloss feel unfulfilled?
(a) He has lost his intelligence and cannot hold a conversation.
(b) He does not hold a position where he could expand and teach his philosophies.
(c) He is tired of working so hard.
(d) He is going deaf.
4. Where is the Baron imprisoned after his recovery?
(d) Buenos Aires.
5. How many times has Candide been to France before arriving with Martin?
(a) Zero times.
(b) Four times.
(c) Eight times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who relieved Cacambo of all his wealth after he buys back Cunegonde?
2. What is finally revealed about Senator Pococurante in Chapter 25?
3. Why does the Spanish captain refuse to take Candide and Cacambo to Buenos Aires?
4. According to Cacambo, where is Cunégonde?
5. What happens to Martin as soon as he arrives in Paris for the first time?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)