|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the inhabitants of Eldorado prohibited from doing?
(b) Having children.
2. How does Candide react when Cunégonde reminds him of his promise to marry her?
(a) He says she is too old to marry.
(b) He says that he is too sick to marry.
(c) He agrees to marry even though he doesn't want to anymore.
(d) He enthusiastically proposes.
3. What happens to the man on the deck of the naval vessel?
(a) He is given a commendation.
(b) He is given money.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He is hanged.
4. What is the cause of the gunfire that Candide and Martin hear while they are on the ship?
(a) A gunpowder explosion in the berth.
(b) A rifle accident by the captain.
(c) Two sailors fighting.
(d) Two ships fighting.
5. What role does the actress Candide likes play?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that Candide tells Martin is better than Eldorado?
2. What is Cunégonde's job?
3. What does the Baron fear for any children that Candide and Cunégonde might have?
4. Where do Candide and Martin land at the end of the chapter?
5. How much money does Candide lose at the dinner when he is playing cards?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)