|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he is coming back from a party, what does Candide tell the abbé?
(a) He feels guilty for cheating on his Cunégonde.
(b) He has fallen in love with a young woman.
(c) He is sad that he has lost money playing cards.
(d) He feels guilty for drinking too much wine.
2. What are the inhabitants of Eldorado prohibited from doing?
(c) Having children.
3. The land of Eldorado is the ancient kingdom of whom?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Mayans.
(c) The Incans.
(d) The Cherokee.
4. Why do the foreigners at the inn come to Venice?
(a) To make their fortune.
(b) To ask forgiveness of the King.
(c) To trade at the market.
(d) For Carnival.
5. How many people are on the deck of the sinking ship that Candide and Martin see?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Candide and his new traveling partner to Bordeaux rescue from the ocean in Chapter 20?
2. What does Martin say should be done with the Baron?
3. Who originally seduces Paquette?
4. What is it that Candide does not have in Chapter 21?
5. What is still going on in Germany in Chapter 17?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)