|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the local tribe want to do with Candide and Cacambo?
(a) They want to eat them.
(b) They want to imprison them.
(c) They want to burn them.
(d) They want to make them kings.
2. What does Candide wonder about because of Cacambo's impoverished condition?
(a) Why he seems so happy.
(b) The six million worth of diamonds when they last parted.
(c) How did he find Cunegonde while he was a slave.
(d) What kind of master he has.
3. Why does Candide decide not to go to Germany in Chapter 17?
(a) To avoid being hanged for killing the Grand Inquisitor.
(b) To avoid being eaten by the Oreillons.
(c) To avoid the war between the Bulgarians and the Abares.
(d) To avoid being burned for killing Cunégonde's brother.
4. What is Martin's opinion of the people who inhabit France?
(a) He loves French people.
(b) He likes their food but not the people.
(c) He prefers Parisians to other French people.
(d) He has a low opinion of them.
5. What does Cunegonde remind Candide about in Chapter 29?
(a) where she hid her diamonds.
(b) What they did behind the screen.
(c) How he left her in Buenos aires.
(d) his promise to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are on the deck of the sinking ship that Candide and Martin see?
2. From whom does Cacambo get permission for Candide and Martin to board a ship for Constantinople?
3. How old is Pococurante?
4. What does Candide have that makes him still a rich man in Chapter 20?
5. How long do Candide and Cacambo stay in Eldorado?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)