|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Senator Pococurante states that he can only stand the music for how long?
(a) An hour.
(c) A half an hour.
(d) Three hours.
2. What has Cacambo become while he was away?
(a) A slave.
(b) A monk.
(c) A Jesuit.
(d) A doctor.
3. What do Cunégonde's arms look like?
(a) They are red and scaly.
(b) They are tanned from the sun.
(c) They look pale and virginal.
(d) They are covered with scars from getting whipped.
4. Who relieved Cacambo of all his wealth after he buys back Cunegonde?
(a) A pirate.
(b) A ship's captain.
(c) A military captain.
(d) A bad judge.
5. What does Cunegonde remind Candide about in Chapter 29?
(a) his promise to marry her.
(b) What they did behind the screen.
(c) where she hid her diamonds.
(d) How he left her in Buenos aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees Pangloss help the woman replace her flowers on her breast and has him arrested for it?
2. In Chapter 19, where does Candide plan to go to wait for Cacambo and Cunegonde?
3. What do Pangloss, Martin, and Candide learn from an old man?
4. How does Pangloss wake up after being hanged?
5. Candide and Martin have dinner with guests the night after Cacambo accosts them. What do the guests complain about?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)