|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Candide beaten on his first day of military service?
2. Pococurante says that his collections of sonnets aren't worth one page of who?
3. What is the solution which is developed to prevent further earthquakes?
(a) The placement of secure structures where the earthquake struck.
(b) Building away from fault lines.
(c) A ceremony in which people are burned to death.
(d) The sacrifice of twenty virgins.
4. Fleeing the Spanish who are looking for the murderer of the Grand Inquisitor, where do Candide and Cacambo head in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
(a) The old man cannot hear or speak.
(b) The old woman will not answer his questions.
(c) He is too polite to ask personal questions.
(d) The soldiers take his protector away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Candide lose at the dinner when he is playing cards?
2. How did Cunegonde react to Don Issachar?
3. How many soldiers surround Cacambo and Candide at the border post?
4. What does Cacambo say Cunégonde and the old woman are doing in Chapter 27?
5. What is Candide's destination?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)