|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first village to which Candide goes immediately after he escapes from the Bulgarians?
2. What is the philosophy that Martin claims to follow?
3. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
(a) The two coins Jacques gave him.
(b) A job.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A slap in the face.
4. Which of the following characteristics describes Senator Pococurante?
5. As he is coming back from a party, what does Candide tell the abbé?
(a) He has fallen in love with a young woman.
(b) He is sad that he has lost money playing cards.
(c) He feels guilty for cheating on his Cunégonde.
(d) He feels guilty for drinking too much wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candide bring with him when he goes to see Cunégonde in the hotel after receiving a letter signed by her?
2. How is the Princess of Palestrina's betrothed killed?
3. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
4. In Holland, who is Candide happy to meet up with again?
5. What happens in Lisbon after the shipwreck?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)