|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Candide and Pangloss paid for helping restore the city in Chapter 5?
(a) A coin every day.
(b) With meals.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A diamond each.
2. To what lot was the old woman born?
(a) She was born a slave.
(b) She was born a baroness.
(c) She was born a princess.
(d) She was born a maid.
3. After drifting downstream in Chapter 17, how does Candide's and Cacambo's ride end?
(a) The are captured by jungle natives.
(b) Their canoe runs aground and is ruined on the reefs.
(c) The canoe falls apart and they swim to shore.
(d) They come to a small village.
4. What do Candide and Martin do when they first get to Venice?
(a) Buy a boat.
(b) Eat a huge dinner.
(c) Send word for Cacambo.
(d) Meet up with Cunégonde.
5. What tribe lives in the area where Candide and Cacambo rest?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Oreillons.
(c) The Bulgars.
(d) The Avars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it proven that Candide is not a Jesuit?
2. How much does Candide pay for the release of Pangloss and the Baron?
3. Where is Cunégonde's brother first taken prisoner?
4. To whom did the old woman tell her story of captivity by the pirates?
5. Who could answer Candide's questions about the golden country?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)