|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
(a) One half.
(b) One sixteenth.
(c) One quarter.
(d) Three quarters.
2. How are Candide and Pangloss rewarded for helping rebuild Lisbon?
(a) With meals.
(b) With books.
(c) With coins.
(d) With homes.
3. What does Cunegonde witness in the park in Chapter 1?
(a) the Baron cavorting with Paquette.
(b) Candide talking to a horse.
(c) Dr. Pangloss and Paquette doing an experiment.
(d) Dr. Pangloss doing his exercises.
4. What is the one thing that Candide tells Martin is better than Eldorado?
(b) French wine.
5. What do Candide and Martin do when they first get to Venice?
(a) Eat a huge dinner.
(b) Meet up with Cunégonde.
(c) Send word for Cacambo.
(d) Buy a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the foreigners at the inn come to Venice?
2. What does Pangloss call the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh?
3. Who is this Grand Inquisitor?
4. How does Martin describe Paris?
5. In the war when thousands of men are killed, what does it cause Candide to do?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)