|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martin describe Paris?
2. The old woman and her mother were brought to Morocco for what purpose?
(a) To be slaves.
(b) To be killed.
(c) To be educated.
(d) To be married.
3. To whom did the old woman tell her story of captivity by the pirates?
(a) A pirate who tried to protect her.
(b) An old man who looked like her grandfather.
(c) A woman who said she could help her.
(d) A young man who once sang at her castle.
4. What does Cacambo say Cunégonde and the old woman are doing in Chapter 27?
(a) They have both been killed.
(b) They are slaves for the governor.
(c) They are servants for a prince.
(d) They are being cared for by a young maiden.
5. What happens when Candide hears that Cunegonde is dead?
(a) He argues.
(b) He faints.
(c) He curses.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cunégonde see Candide for the first time after their separation?
2. What position does the Baron attain in the Jesuit military?
3. What is the result of Candide and Cunegonde getting caught behind the screen in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the Princess of Palestrina's father?
5. What do Candide and Cacambo see when they rest in a field to eat during Chapter 16?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)