|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fleeing the Spanish who are looking for the murderer of the Grand Inquisitor, where do Candide and Cacambo head in Chapter 14?
2. On the ship leaving Cadiz in Chapter 10, where are Candide and company headed?
(d) Buenos Aires.
3. What town do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman reach before anyone realizes Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are dead?
4. After Candide witnesses Pangloss being hanged, what happens?
(a) Pangloss dies.
(b) The rope breaks and Pangloss falls.
(c) A fellow prisoner rescues Pangloss.
(d) It starts to rain, putting out the fire that was burning Pangloss.
5. What are Cunégonde and the old woman doing when Candide first sees them again?
(a) Hanging towels to dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the custom in Eldorado when someone meets the king?
2. What does the beggar say is the reason for his affliction?
3. What does Candide give the French lady for taking him to bed?
4. What does Martin say is in Paris?
5. According to the abbé, how many good plays have been written in France?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)