|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ship are Candide and Martin passengers on?
(a) A Spanish ship.
(b) A Dutch ship.
(c) An Arab ship.
(d) A pirate ship.
2. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
(a) A slap in the face.
(b) A job.
(c) The two coins Jacques gave him.
(d) A piece of bread.
3. Who is rumored to be the son of the Baron's sister and a gentleman from the village?
(b) the Baron's heir,
4. Who is Cacambo?
(a) The man Candide was given to act as his assistant.
(b) The slave of the governor.
(c) Candide's best friend from childhood.
(d) The governor's son.
5. What does Cunégonde say happened to her when the Bulgarians attacked?
(a) She says she was forced to watch her mother's rape.
(b) She says she was raped and cut open.
(c) She says that mercifully nothing happened to her.
(d) She says she was given food and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Candide and Pangloss arrested in Portugal?
2. How much money does Jacques give Candide?
3. What happens when Candide first arrives in Paris?
4. What do Candide and Martin do when they first get to Venice?
5. What is finally revealed about Senator Pococurante in Chapter 25?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)