|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Senator's attitude toward his vast book collection in Chapter 25?
(a) Excited to find someone who understands literature.
(b) The same as his attitude toward his art and music.
(c) very proud that he ownes so many books
(d) daunted at having to read so much.
2. Where does Cunégonde see Candide for the first time after their separation?
(a) At the market.
(b) At the auto-da-fé.
(c) In the street.
(d) At mass.
3. What does Cacambo tell Candide to do when he finally shows up in Chapter 26?
(a) To ready himself to leave Venice.
(b) To watch out for the police.
(c) To give him money for information about Cunegonde.
(d) To wait in his hotel room.
4. How does Martin propose to prove a happy looking couple in Chapter 24 is not happy at all?
(a) By paying them to tell their stories.
(b) By introducing them to some courtiers.
(c) by following them home.
(d) By inviting them to dinner.
5. How many sheep are left one hundred days after Candide and Cacambo leave Eldorado?
(c) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man on the deck of the naval vessel?
2. Why is Candide allowed to speak to the Commandant of the Jesuit military?
3. How does Candide find the sea as compared to his journey to Lisbon?
4. After 100 days, how many sheep do Candide and Cacambo still have?
5. How do Candide and Martin find Senator Pococurante's character?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)