|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who relieved Cacambo of all his wealth after he buys back Cunegonde?
(a) A bad judge.
(b) A military captain.
(c) A ship's captain.
(d) A pirate.
2. According to the abbé, how many good plays have been written in France?
(a) A hundred.
(b) Fifteen or sixteen.
3. Who do Candide and Martin dine with the night after Cacambo accosts them?
(a) A governor and a knight.
(b) Six excommunicated Kings.
(c) Four knights.
(d) The Senator.
4. Why does Candide not act on his crush on Cunégonde?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He is too shy.
(d) He does not have a crush on her.
5. How are Candide and Cunégonde reunited?
(a) The old woman brings Cunégonde to Candide.
(b) Candide is visited by a nurse who ends up being Cunégonde.
(c) Cunégonde is a prostitute who Candide visits.
(d) Cunégonde has become a beggar and Candide gives her coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was the old woman betrothed?
2. How did Cunegonde react to Don Issachar?
3. Why are Candide and Pangloss arrested in Portugal?
4. What town do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman reach before anyone realizes Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are dead?
5. What are the children playing with when Candide and Cacambo come to a village in Chapter 17?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)