|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who noticed Cunegonde at church?
(a) The altar boys.
(b) The Grand Inquisitor.
(c) The parish priest.
(d) The mayor.
2. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
(a) A snowfall.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A heat wave.
3. When did the man who found the old woman and spoke her language first meet her?
(a) After her father died.
(b) Before she was six.
(c) Under the orange tree.
(d) When she was eighteen.
4. Who does the old lady pray to for Candide's health?
(a) Saint Anthony of Padua.
(b) Our Lady of Atocha.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Saint James of Compostella.
5. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
(a) Among the French.
(b) In the armies.
(c) Among the clergy.
(d) Among the Dutch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cunegonde witness in the park in Chapter 1?
2. What does Candide want to experience with a traveling companion?
3. What news does Candide give the Commandant of the Jesuit military?
4. Where does Candide promise to meet Cacambo?
5. What does Cacambo explain to Candide about what happens in Chapter 16?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)