|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men help train Candide to be a stronger soldier?
(a) They have him run long distances.
(b) They give him special weapons training.
(c) They make him do push ups.
(d) They beat him with a stick.
2. When Candide and his traveling partner to Bordeaux finally reach the shore in Chapter 21, what country do they see?
3. What had happened to a young man in Italy whom the old woman had met?
(a) He had been castrated to preserve his beautiful voice.
(b) He had taken care of her until she was six.
(c) He had run away at the age of 18.
(d) He had been beaten daily.
4. What are following the two girls running through the meadow?
5. What characteristic do Jacques and Candide share?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the man executed in England?
2. Why is Candide curious about the country with gold streets?
3. Why is Candide put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
4. How many serene highnesses show up at the inn?
5. What is it that Candide does not have in Chapter 21?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)