|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Jacques give Candide?
(a) 100 florins.
(b) 50 florins.
(c) Twenty florins.
(d) Two florins.
2. Why does Candide decide to go to Venice?
(a) To wait while Cacambo retrieves Cunégonde.
(b) To bring the riches of Eldorado to Venice.
(c) To see more places in the world.
(d) To meet new friends and find a new companion.
3. Why does Candide kill the Grand Inquisitor?
(a) He thinks the Grand Inquisitor has raped Cunégonde.
(b) He wants to impress Cunégonde with his power.
(c) He wants to have Cunégonde for his own slave.
(d) He believes the Grand Inquisitor will have him burned.
4. Who is the Commandant?
(a) Cacambo's uncle.
(b) Candide's father.
(c) Cunégonde's brother.
(d) The old woman's son.
5. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
(a) He does not think Candide has enough money or importance to marry her.
(b) He thinks Candide will try to kill Cunégonde.
(c) He thinks Cunégonde is not worthy of Candide's attention.
(d) He thinks that Cunégonde does not love Candide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Candide pay the Dutch captain to sail to Venice as soon as possible?
2. Who does the old woman suspect is the thief?
3. Where does Candide travel with Cunégonde, the old woman, and two servants?
4. Who heals the women after the Russians attack the Janissaries?
5. Where do Candide and Martin end up after Paris?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)