|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Candide and Cunegonde getting caught behind the screen in Chapter 1?
(a) Cunegonde is forced to marry Candide.
(b) Candide is kicked out of the castle.
(c) Candide and Cunegonde run away together.
(d) Dr. Pangloss is fired.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Cunegonde tell Candide had happened to her?
(a) She was protected by a Bulgarian captain.
(b) She hid in the castle cellar and escaped.
(c) She fainted, and when she woke up everyone was dead.
(d) She was stabbed and raped.
3. How could the apartment of the old man in Chapter 18 be described?
(a) too large for only one old man.
(b) plain white granite walls and floors.
(c) Gilded and encrusted in rubies.
(d) A cave in a diamond mine.
4. The land of Eldorado is the ancient kingdom of whom?
(a) The Cherokee.
(b) The Mayans.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Incans.
5. Why was the man executed in England?
(a) For stealing bacon.
(b) For killing a fellow soldier.
(c) For failing to kill enough French men.
(d) For eating too much bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to the young Baron after he recovered from the stab wound?
2. What does Jacques say mankind has become like?
3. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
4. What does Candide want to experience with a traveling companion?
5. What tribe lives in the area where Candide and Cacambo rest?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)