|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pococurante prefer to Virgil?
(c) The Bible.
2. How many generations of nobility does Cunégonde count in her family?
3. What tribe lives in the area where Candide and Cacambo rest?
(a) The Bulgars.
(b) The Oreillons.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Avars.
4. Who does Cunégonde see Pangloss with in the bushes?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The chambermaid.
5. Who saves Candide from being killed by the Bulgarians?
(b) The Baron of Thunder-ten-tronckh.
(c) The King of the Bulgarians.
(d) The two men he met in the Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Issachar attacks Candide?
2. What does Candide sell on the old woman's advice?
3. On whose death does the beggar report?
4. What is the response to Candide's question about religion in the country with gold streets?
5. What does Pangloss say it isn't proper for a philosopher to do?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)