|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is something Candide does not experience in Chapter 5?
(a) Witnessing death.
(b) Being stoned.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A storm.
2. How many times has Candide been to France before arriving with Martin?
(a) Four times.
(c) Zero times.
(d) Eight times.
3. Who is fighting a war with France?
4. In Chapter 8, what are Candide and Cunégonde doing when Mr. Issachar arrives?
(a) Sitting on the couch.
(c) Having coffee.
(d) Eating dinner.
5. Why does the captain kill the Bulgarian who is attacking Cunégonde?
(a) The captain is angry that the rapist did not stop to show respect for the captain.
(b) The captain does not kill the Bulgarian.
(c) The captain is angry that he didn't get Cunégonde first.
(d) The captain is angry that the rapist did not kill Cunégonde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Candide allowed to speak to the Commandant of the Jesuit military?
2. How did Cunegonde react to Don Issachar?
3. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
4. How is Pangloss punished by the auto-da-fé?
5. What is the first village to which Candide goes immediately after he escapes from the Bulgarians?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)