|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on the arriving Spanish ship in Chapter 13?
(a) The young castrati who sold the old woman.
(b) The Grand Inquisitor's brother.
(c) the monk who stole Cunegonde's money and diamonds.
(d) A Bulgarian captain.
2. How many times is the Baron beaten on the soles of his feet for his crime?
(a) 16 times.
(b) 1,000 times.
(c) 100 times.
(d) 50 times.
3. To whom is Candide directed when he asks to know the name of the country that is so much better than Westphalia?
(a) The youngest member of the royal family.
(b) The son of the prince.
(c) The priest.
(d) The oldest man in the town.
4. Where has Cunégonde been stabbed?
(a) On her leg.
(b) On her arm.
(c) In her back.
(d) On her left side.
5. Who is the last person for whom the old woman worked?
(a) The Prince of Palestrina.
(b) A man in Moscow.
(c) Mr. Issachar.
(d) The Grand Inquisitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the soldiers that Candide meets wearing?
2. Where do Candide and Martin first see the girl and the monk?
3. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
4. With what are the roads paved in the village at which Candide and Cacambo arrive in the rocky mountains?
5. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)