|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Cunegonde after she was taken prisoner by the captain?
(a) The Bulgarian is killed and she escapes.
(b) The Bulgarian sells her to a Jewish man.
(c) The Bulgarian sends her away.
(d) The Bulgarian marries her.
2. How does Martin propose to prove a happy looking couple in Chapter 24 is not happy at all?
(a) by following them home.
(b) By inviting them to dinner.
(c) By paying them to tell their stories.
(d) By introducing them to some courtiers.
3. Where does Cunegonde's brother learn Cunegonde is in Chapter 15?
(a) In prison awaiting her return to Lisbon.
(b) On a ship headed back to Spain.
(c) The city which they mean to attack.
(d) Hundreds of miles away in Brazil.
4. Who does Candide make a bargain with?
(a) A priest.
(b) A Dutch captain.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A Spanish captain.
5. When Pangloss and Candide walk around in Lisbon, what catastrophe strikes?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A hail storm.
(c) An outbreak of the plague.
(d) An invasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
2. Who is the Commandant?
3. What religion are the people of Eldorado?
4. In Chapter 4, where does the Anabaptist take Candide and Pangloss?
5. What happens to Candide at a card game in Paris?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)