|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the ship leaving Cadiz in Chapter 10, where are Candide and company headed?
(a) Buenos Aires.
2. What is the sole survivor of the sunken ship?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) One of Candide's red sheep.
(c) The captain.
(d) A treasure chest.
3. What does Candide want to purchase with the riches he has gathered in Eldorado?
(a) A concubine and Westphalia.
(b) Cunégonde and Buenos Aires.
(c) A slave and a house.
(d) Cunégonde and Westphalia.
4. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
(a) She doesn't tell him.
(b) She is his mother.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) She is Paquette.
5. Cacambo gets permission from his master for Candide and Martin to join them on their ship. Where are they going?
(c) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Cunegonde and the old woman by Chapter 27?
2. When Cunégonde's brother's troops attack the village in which Cunégonde lives, what is his intention?
3. Who are the paintings by that Candide admires?
4. What are the evils Candide's new traveling partner to Bordeaux says he has observed in the world?
5. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)