|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Candide and Cacambo stay in the palace?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
2. Why did the old woman not marry the person to whom she was engaged?
(a) He died of syphilis.
(b) He rejected her.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He ran off with his mistress.
3. What does the old woman advise Candide to do at the governor's place?
(a) Stay with him.
(b) Steal the governor's gold.
(d) Sell his horse.
4. How are Candide and Cunégonde reunited?
(a) Cunégonde is a prostitute who Candide visits.
(b) The old woman brings Cunégonde to Candide.
(c) Candide is visited by a nurse who ends up being Cunégonde.
(d) Cunégonde has become a beggar and Candide gives her coins.
5. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
(a) A Papal envoy to the Jesuits.
(b) A governor and priest.
(c) A colonel and the governor.
(d) A colonel and priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
2. What does Candide sell on the old woman's advice?
3. What faith is Jacques?
4. How many times is Candide beaten on his first day of military service?
5. Whose advice does Candide seek after killing Don Issachar?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)