|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cacambo want to go as soon as possible?
(a) To America.
(b) To Canada.
(c) To Paraguay.
(d) To Europe.
2. What trade does Jacques teach Candide?
(b) Fabric making.
(d) Candle making.
3. What does Candide see in the villages that the Bulgarians and their enemies have raided?
(a) He sees surgeons rescuing the attacked from dying.
(b) He sees that women have been spared by the Bulgarians.
(c) He sees dead and dying bodies in the villages raided by both sides.
(d) He sees dead bodies in villages only raided by the Bulgarians.
4. Fleeing the Spanish who are looking for the murderer of the Grand Inquisitor, where do Candide and Cacambo head in Chapter 14?
5. Who does the old woman say her parents were?
(a) Tsar Nicholas I and an English duchess.
(b) Archduke Ferdinand and his scullery maid.
(c) Baron Rothschild and the Princess of Monrovia.
(d) Pope Urban X and the Princess of Palestrina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
2. In what city do Martin and Candide land in England?
3. Why is Candide beaten by the Bulgarians?
4. After leaving the castle, where does Candide fall asleep?
5. Why does Candide decide to go to Venice?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)