|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martin agree to continue on with Candide to Venice?
(a) He has heard good things about Venice.
(b) He has a brother living there.
(c) he wants to go on to Rome after he gets to Venice.
(d) He plans to rob Candide.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Cunegonde tell Candide had happened to her?
(a) She was stabbed and raped.
(b) She was protected by a Bulgarian captain.
(c) She fainted, and when she woke up everyone was dead.
(d) She hid in the castle cellar and escaped.
3. Who once owned the kingdom of Eldorado?
(a) The Dutch.
(b) The Incas.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Aztecs.
4. What is Candide wearing when he and Cacambo escape after Candide kills Cunégonde's brother?
(a) His normal clothes.
(b) The Commandant's robe.
(c) A necklace from Cunégonde.
5. Whose murder did Cunégonde's brother witness?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His parents'.
(c) His sister's.
(d) His uncle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candide give the French lady for taking him to bed?
2. What happens when Candide and Martin are discussing philosophy?
3. What does Cunegonde talk about on the way to Buenos Aires?
4. How tall is Candide?
5. On whose death does the beggar report?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)