|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Candide and his new traveling companion, Martin, leave on a ship bound for where in Chapter 20?
2. Why does the Spanish captain refuse to take Candide and Cacambo to Buenos Aires?
(a) Because Candide does not have enough money.
(b) Because he believes Candide will kill him.
(c) Because Cunégonde is the governor's favorite mistress.
(d) Because he thinks that Candide is a liar.
3. To whom does Candide give the sheep in Bordeaux?
(b) The Academy of Sciences.
(d) The Governor's mansion.
4. What job does Martin get in Paris?
5. How does Candide escape?
(a) Dressed as a chambermaid.
(b) On an Andalusian horse.
(c) Hidden in a horse-drawn cart.
(d) On a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cunégonde wearing when she meets Candide again?
2. What does the old woman advise Candide to do at the governor's place?
3. To what lot was the old woman born?
4. Who is the court's banker?
5. Running away from the scene of the murder, where do Cacambo and Candide stop to rest and eat in Chapter 16?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)