|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the old woman not provide to Candide while he is staying in her shack?
(a) A bed.
(b) A concubine.
2. Where has the sailor been four times?
3. Who does Pangloss ultimately blame for his current condition?
(c) Christopher Columbus.
(d) The Baron.
4. Who returns to the house to find Mr. Issachar dead?
(a) The Grand Inquisitor.
(b) The Baron's son.
(c) The Bulgarian soldier.
(d) The old woman.
5. What does the old woman reveal about her past in Chapter 10?
(a) She was once married to the King of Spain.
(b) She was once a Russian Tsarina.
(c) She was once the mistress of the Grand Inquisitor.
(d) She was born a princess but now has to work as a maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man on the deck of the naval vessel?
2. What is the setting of the first chapter?
3. How does Candide justify the murders he committed?
4. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
5. With what are the roads paved in the village at which Candide and Cacambo arrive in the rocky mountains?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)