|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the old woman's story about her past, what indignity did the old woman and her mother suffer after the ship was seized?
(a) They were raped and thrown overboard.
(b) They were taken to Spain and sold as slaves.
(c) They were made to work as sailors.
(d) The were stripped naked and given rectal exams.
2. Who does the Commandant of the Jesuit military turn out to be?
(a) Jacques, the Anabaptist.
(b) Dr. Pangloss.
(c) The Bulgarian captain.
(d) Cunegonde's brother.
3. What is the man's occupation?
(a) He was a shoemaker.
(b) He was a publisher.
(c) He was a musician.
(d) He was a merchant.
4. Whose murder did Cunégonde's brother witness?
(a) His parents'.
(b) His uncle's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His sister's.
5. In Chapter 4, where does the Anabaptist take Candide and Pangloss?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Candide punished as a prisoner in Lisbon?
2. Who is Candide's new traveling partner on the way to Bordeaux?
3. What happens to Martin as soon as he arrives in Paris for the first time?
4. Where does Candide look for Cacambo?
5. Whose advice does Candide seek after killing Don Issachar?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)