|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Candide, Cunegonde, and the old woman land in Chapter 13?
(d) Buenos Aires.
2. How old is the old man?
(a) 101 years old.
(b) 172 years old.
(c) 252 years old.
(d) 99 years old.
3. To whom did the old woman tell her story of captivity by the pirates?
(a) A young man who once sang at her castle.
(b) An old man who looked like her grandfather.
(c) A woman who said she could help her.
(d) A pirate who tried to protect her.
4. What is the first village to which Candide goes immediately after he escapes from the Bulgarians?
5. What is still going on in Germany in Chapter 17?
(a) The Bulgarian reign of terror.
(b) The search for Candide and Pangloss.
(c) The hangings and floggings of Westphalians.
(d) The war between the Bulgarians and the Avares.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the custom in Eldorado when someone meets the king?
2. What does Cacambo tell the tribe to take to prove who they really are?
3. What happens after Candide gives away his coins in Chapter 4?
4. What is the result of Candide and Cunegonde getting caught behind the screen in Chapter 1?
5. What does Candide sell on the old woman's advice?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)