|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose advice does Candide seek after killing Don Issachar?
(a) A beggar's.
(b) The old woman's.
(d) The Grand Inquisitor's.
2. Which of the following is not part of the name of the governor who becomes infatuated with Cunégonde?
3. Why are the two girls upset when Candide kills the monkeys?
(a) They believe in pacifism.
(b) The monkeys were their pets.
(c) They think monkeys are sacred creatures.
(d) The monkeys were their lovers.
4. Which of the following characters survives their punishment in Lisbon?
(b) The Biscayan man.
(c) The two Portuguese.
5. What happens to the man on the deck of the naval vessel?
(a) He is shot in the head.
(b) He is given money.
(c) He is given a commendation.
(d) He is hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the captain sell Cunégonde?
2. What happens when Candide goes to the court to report the captain who stole his sheep and riches?
3. What happens to the main who arrives on the ship that pulls into the harbor while Cunégonde and the governor are speaking?
4. What does Candide want to experience with a traveling companion?
5. How many times has Candide been to France before arriving with Martin?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)