|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man who finds the Princess born?
2. What happens when Candide hears that Cunegonde is dead?
(a) He argues.
(b) He curses.
(c) He cries.
(d) He faints.
3. Who heals the women after the Russians attack the Janissaries?
(a) The French.
(b) The Spaniards.
(c) The Janissaries.
(d) The Russians.
4. How long do Candide and Cacambo stay in Eldorado?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) A month.
(d) Five days.
5. Which of the following is not a reason the old woman tells Cunégonde she should stay with the governor?
(a) He will treat her well.
(b) He is rich.
(c) She is not guilty of murder.
(d) She is his equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Candide told after he drinks to the health of the king of Bulgaria?
2. Where is the castle where Candide is raised?
3. What are the children playing with when Candide and Cacambo come to a village in Chapter 17?
4. What is it that Candide does not have in Chapter 21?
5. When does the old woman share her name with Candide?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)