|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At a stream they come to in Chapter 17, what do Candide and Cacambo discover?
(a) An abandoned canoe.
(b) Women washing clothes.
(c) A place to take a bath.
(d) boys swimming in the stream.
2. What does Candide's tutor teach the children?
(a) The meek will inherit the earth.
(b) Love is patient.
(c) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
(d) There is no effect without a cause.
3. Back from the party at the French lady's house, why does Candide feel guilty?
(a) For not taking Martin to the party.
(b) For losing so much money.
(c) For giving the lady only one diamond.
(d) For cheating on his Cunegonde.
4. What do Candide and Cacambo find that takes them to the village in the mountains?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A bird.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A rock.
5. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
(a) Both ears.
(b) An eye and an ear.
(c) His nose.
(d) His chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Princess of Palestrina's father?
2. Why does Martin agree to continue on with Candide to Venice?
3. Why must Cacambo go to Buenos Aires?
4. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
5. Why was the man executed in England?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)