|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bizarre action follows Candide's response to what he saw running across a field in Chapter 16?
(a) The girls are cradling the dead monkeys and crying.
(b) The girls throw stones at the monkey's bodies.
(c) The girls run and fall down at Candide's feet.
(d) Local villagers run at Candide and Cacambo with sticks and pitchforks.
2. What is Candide wearing when he and Cacambo escape after Candide kills Cunégonde's brother?
(a) His normal clothes.
(c) A necklace from Cunégonde.
(d) The Commandant's robe.
3. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
(a) One sixteenth.
(b) One half.
(c) One quarter.
(d) Three quarters.
4. What angers the Baron when talking to Candide?
(a) Candide says he doesn't believe in God.
(b) Candide says he wishes the Baron were dead.
(c) Candide says he is going to marry Cunégonde.
(d) Candide calls him a bad name.
5. What is the sole survivor of the sunken ship?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A treasure chest.
(c) One of Candide's red sheep.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
2. What does Candide do when Cunegonde's brother strikes him?
3. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
4. What do Candide and Martin see swimming in the water and rescue?
5. Where is the man who finds the Princess born?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)