|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Candide and Pangloss rewarded for helping rebuild Lisbon?
(a) With books.
(b) With coins.
(c) With meals.
(d) With homes.
2. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
(a) They die of fatigue.
(b) They die of plague.
(c) They run away.
(d) They are stolen.
3. What faith is Jacques?
4. Where does Cunegonde's brother learn Cunegonde is in Chapter 15?
(a) On a ship headed back to Spain.
(b) The city which they mean to attack.
(c) Hundreds of miles away in Brazil.
(d) In prison awaiting her return to Lisbon.
5. What happens when Mr. Issachar attacks Candide?
(a) Candide tells the Grand Inquisitor.
(b) Cunnegonde kills Mr. Issachar.
(c) Candide is seriously injured.
(d) Candide kills Mr. Issachar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Candide and his traveling partner to Bordeaux finally reach the shore in Chapter 21, what country do they see?
2. What is Martin's opinion of the people who inhabit France?
3. What is the setting of the first chapter?
4. Why is Candide curious about the country with gold streets?
5. Where do Candide and Cacambo decide to go after they rule out going back to Cunégonde, going to Germany, and staying near the Oreillons?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)