|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the ship that Candide, Cunégonde and the old lady are sailing on finally land?
(b) Buenos Aires.
2. Who does the woman in the happy couple in Chapter 24 turn out to be?
(a) Paquette, the maid at Westphalia.
(b) The old woman.
(c) Martin's former wife.
(d) Cunegonde, who has grown ugly.
3. What is the custom in Eldorado when someone meets the king?
(a) Cover one's face so the king cannot see you.
(b) Bow down to show respect for the king.
(c) Prostrate oneself flat on the ground.
(d) Embrace the king and kiss both his cheeks.
4. What job does Martin get in Paris?
5. How many people are on the deck of the sinking ship that Candide and Martin see?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fighting a war with France?
2. What happens to the main who arrives on the ship that pulls into the harbor while Cunégonde and the governor are speaking?
3. What offer does Don Fernando make to Cunegonde?
4. How is Pangloss punished by the auto-da-fé?
5. Who does the local tribe think Candide and Cacambo are?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)