|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cacambo believe that Candide will be welcomed by the priests?
(a) Because he is wealthy.
(b) Because he can sing many hymns.
(c) Because he is so pious.
(d) Because he knows Bulgar military drills.
2. Who discovers Cunegonde and Candide behind the screen attempting Dr. Pangloss' experiment?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Baron's son.
(c) Dr. Pangloss.
3. What does Cacambo tell the tribe to take to prove who they really are?
(a) Candide's ring.
(b) Candide's robe.
(c) Candide's money.
(d) Candide's traveling bag.
4. What is the sole survivor of the sunken ship?
(a) The captain.
(b) One of Candide's red sheep.
(c) A treasure chest.
(d) A diamond ring.
5. Who develops a solution to prevent further earthquakes?
(a) The University of Coimbre.
(d) The University of Westphalia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters survives their punishment in Lisbon?
2. What does the King of Eldorado provide for Candide and Cacambo as they leave?
3. Where is the inn where Candide stops located?
4. Why does Candide think it was lucky he killed the Baron?
5. How old is the old man?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)