|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
(a) One half.
(b) One quarter.
(c) One sixteenth.
(d) Three quarters.
2. What job does Martin get in Paris?
3. Why is Candide put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
(a) Because he is taller than the soldiers.
(b) Because of his Bulgarian military training.
(c) Because they are holding Cunegonde hostage.
(d) Because the leader always gets killed.
4. With what are the roads paved in the village at which Candide and Cacambo arrive in the rocky mountains?
5. How is Candide punished as a prisoner in Lisbon?
(a) He is hung by his feet.
(b) He is flogged.
(c) He is hung by his arms.
(d) He is put on a rack.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
2. What happens when Candide and Martin are discussing philosophy?
3. After 100 days, how many sheep do Candide and Cacambo still have?
4. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
5. To which destination does Martin agree to continue with Candide in Chapter 21?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)