|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candide's new traveling partner to Bordeaux profess to be?
(a) A Protestant.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A Manichaean.
(d) A Jesuit.
2. What does Martin say is in Paris?
(a) A paradise.
(b) Lots of easy money.
(c) An opportunity for adventure..
3. Which of the following is not part of the name of the governor who becomes infatuated with Cunégonde?
4. What does Martin compare the life of a gondolier to?
(a) A priest.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A dog.
(d) A doge.
5. What do Candide and Martin do immediately upon arriving in Venice in Chapter 24?
(a) Try the Italian food.
(b) Ask directions to the bank.
(c) Locate a good hotel.
(d) Send word for Cacambo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martin further Candide's depression after they land in Venice?
2. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
3. How much of Lisbon is destroyed by the earthquake?
4. How does Jacques act on the ship?
5. What is the cause of the gunfire that Candide and Martin hear while they are on the ship?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)