|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Candide and his new traveling companion, Martin, leave on a ship bound for where in Chapter 20?
2. What do Candide and Martin do immediately upon arriving in Venice in Chapter 24?
(a) Locate a good hotel.
(b) Send word for Cacambo.
(c) Try the Italian food.
(d) Ask directions to the bank.
3. When are foreigners given a good reception in Venice, according to Martin?
(a) When they are rich.
(b) When they are handsome.
(c) When they are virtuous.
(d) When they are pious.
4. What language do the people in the village speak?
5. Who is the man in black an officer for?
(a) The Bulgar Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Inquisition.
(d) The King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason the old woman tells Cunégonde she should stay with the governor?
2. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
3. What is the result of Candide and Cunegonde getting caught behind the screen in Chapter 1?
4. Where do Candide, Cunegonde, and the old woman land in Chapter 13?
5. What does the Baroness do to Cunégonde after Candide is expelled from the castle?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)