|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Candide travel with Cunégonde, the old woman, and two servants?
(d) Buenos Aires.
2. What is Brother Giroflée tempted to run off and do?
(a) Become a Turk.
(b) Marry Paquette.
(c) Become an Inquisitor.
(d) Become a philosopher.
3. Which of the following characters does not live with the Baron?
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
4. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
(a) A colonel and priest.
(b) A Papal envoy to the Jesuits.
(c) A colonel and the governor.
(d) A governor and priest.
5. When does the old woman share her name with Candide?
(a) When she first meets him.
(b) After he wakes up.
(c) After she feeds him for three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man in black an officer for?
2. How many times is Candide beaten on his first day of military service?
3. Where does Cacambo want to go as soon as possible?
4. Why is Candide allowed to speak to the Commandant of the Jesuit military?
5. What does Candide find in the village of Avare?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)