|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacques do when Candide asks him for charity?
(a) Jacques turns Candide over to the Bulgarians.
(b) Jacques tells him to go away.
(c) Jacques tries to kill Candide.
(d) Jacques offers him food, coins, a place to stay, and a job.
2. What does the old woman advise Candide to do at the governor's place?
(a) Steal the governor's gold.
(c) Sell his horse.
(d) Stay with him.
3. What happens when Mr. Issachar attacks Candide?
(a) Cunnegonde kills Mr. Issachar.
(b) Candide kills Mr. Issachar.
(c) Candide is seriously injured.
(d) Candide tells the Grand Inquisitor.
4. What is the result of Candide and Cunegonde getting caught behind the screen in Chapter 1?
(a) Candide is kicked out of the castle.
(b) Dr. Pangloss is fired.
(c) Candide and Cunegonde run away together.
(d) Cunegonde is forced to marry Candide.
5. Where is the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh located?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cunegonde react to Don Issachar?
2. In what city do Martin and Candide land in England?
3. What do Candide and Martin see swimming in the water and rescue?
4. Where does Candide travel with Cunégonde, the old woman, and two servants?
5. What is being put together when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde arrive in Cadiz?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)