|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the old man?
(a) 101 years old.
(b) 99 years old.
(c) 252 years old.
(d) 172 years old.
2. When Cunégonde's brother's troops attack the village in which Cunégonde lives, what is his intention?
(a) To persuade Cunégonde to kill the governor.
(b) To capture Cunégonde.
(c) To kill Cunégonde.
(d) To rob Cunégonde.
3. Who is the last person for whom the old woman worked?
(a) The Prince of Palestrina.
(b) The Grand Inquisitor.
(c) A man in Moscow.
(d) Mr. Issachar.
4. How was the old woman's mother killed?
(a) She was scalped and left to die.
(b) She was forced to walk the plank into shark infested waters.
(c) Four men grabbed her mother's limbs and tore her to pieces.
(d) The captain of the ship disembowled her.
5. How many times is Candide beaten on his first day of military service?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man who found the old woman and spoke her language treat her?
2. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
3. Who is Candide's mother?
4. How many sheep are left one hundred days after Candide and Cacambo leave Eldorado?
5. What had happened to a young man in Italy whom the old woman had met?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)