|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose execution do Candide and Martin witness in England?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) An admiral.
(c) A governor.
(d) A shopkeeper.
2. What is the philosophy that Martin claims to follow?
3. How could the apartment of the old man in Chapter 18 be described?
(a) plain white granite walls and floors.
(b) Gilded and encrusted in rubies.
(c) too large for only one old man.
(d) A cave in a diamond mine.
4. What is Martin's opinion of the people who inhabit France?
(a) He loves French people.
(b) He prefers Parisians to other French people.
(c) He has a low opinion of them.
(d) He likes their food but not the people.
5. What does the Governor order Candide to do in order to get rid of him?
(a) Inspect the troops.
(b) Buy a horse.
(c) Go back to Europe.
(d) Make him dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Candide and Cunegonde's brother do for a long time in Chapter 14?
2. How does Candide kill Don Issachar?
3. Which of the following is not part of the name of the governor who becomes infatuated with Cunégonde?
4. With what are the children playing in the schoolyard of the village in the mountains?
5. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)