|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Candide does not have in Chapter 21?
(a) Any interest in seeing France.
(b) Any knowledge of the French language.
(c) Clothes suitable for visiting France.
(d) Enough money to stay over in France.
2. After a hundred days, how many of the sheep are left carrying gold and jewels?
3. What is Candide's illness brought on by?
(a) Food poisoning.
(c) Drinking bad water.
(d) A mosquito bite.
4. How does Jacques die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He contracts syphilis.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is stabbed.
5. Candide puts out word that he will give what for an honest traveling companion?
(a) A horse to carry his possessions.
(b) Two thousand piastres and a room and board.
(c) A ship passage to Constantinople.
(d) A woman for the companion to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candide kill Mr. Issachar?
2. What are the children playing with when Candide and Cacambo come to a village in Chapter 17?
3. Why is Candide put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
4. Where do Candide and Martin end up after Paris?
5. Who does Brother Giroflée wish was at the bottom of the sea?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)