|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Candide kicked out of the castle?
(a) He is caught kissing Cunégonde..
(b) He is making advances on the maid.
(c) His mother has arrived and is unwelcome.
(d) He is not succeeding at his studies.
2. The old woman and her mother were brought to Morocco for what purpose?
(a) To be slaves.
(b) To be killed.
(c) To be educated.
(d) To be married.
3. What does Jacques say mankind has become like?
4. How does Jacques act on the ship?
(a) He sulks.
(b) He helps the crew.
(c) He reads the whole time.
(d) He tries to get the sailors lost.
5. Where are Candide, Cunegonde, and the old woman when the bodies of Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are found?
(a) Saddling the horses.
(b) The town of Avecena.
(c) Far out to sea.
(d) About two miles from the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's occupation?
2. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
3. What does the Governor order Candide to do in order to get rid of him?
4. Who is the captain of the sunken ship?
5. Where does the old woman suggest Candide and Cunegonde go in Chapter 9?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)