|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the old man?
(a) 99 years old.
(b) 101 years old.
(c) 172 years old.
(d) 252 years old.
2. What does Candide wear during his escape?
(a) A Jesuit robe.
(b) An Oreillon costume.
(c) Women's clothes.
(d) A suit of armor.
3. Which character believes "God has forsaken Earth and it is instead controlled by something more evil"?
(a) The captain.
(b) The pirates.
4. What does Cacambo explain to Candide about what happens in Chapter 16?
(a) Monkeys are sacred to the natives here.
(b) The girls were raised by monkeys.
(c) Candide has killed the girls' lovers.
(d) The girls are mutant monkeys.
5. What town do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman reach before anyone realizes Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candide find the sea as compared to his journey to Lisbon?
2. Who survives the shipwreck?
3. Which of the following is something Candide does not experience in Chapter 5?
4. What happens when Candide goes to the court to report the captain who stole his sheep and riches?
5. What is the man's occupation?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)