|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the morning after Candide's rescue?
(a) He runs away again, headed for Spain.
(b) Lisbon soldiers come looking for him.
(c) The old woman returns and brings him breakfast and another ointment.
(d) The old woman sells him as a galley slave.
2. Who discovers Cunegonde and Candide behind the screen attempting Dr. Pangloss' experiment?
(b) The Baron.
(c) Dr. Pangloss.
(d) The Baron's son.
3. Which of the following does the old woman not provide to Candide while he is staying in her shack?
(b) A concubine.
(c) A bed.
4. Who do Candide and Cacambo plan to join?
(a) The Jesuits.
(b) The Moors.
(c) A local group of pirates.
(d) A native tribe.
5. What happens to the main who arrives on the ship that pulls into the harbor while Cunégonde and the governor are speaking?
(a) He is made a captain.
(b) He is flogged.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is granted immunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first village to which Candide goes immediately after he escapes from the Bulgarians?
2. What are the evils Candide's new traveling partner to Bordeaux says he has observed in the world?
3. What does Cacambo explain to Candide about what happens in Chapter 16?
4. After a hundred days, how many of the sheep are left carrying gold and jewels?
5. Where does Cacambo want to go as soon as possible?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)