|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the captain of the sunken ship?
(a) A Jesuit.
(b) The Dutch captain who swindled Candide.
(c) The Governor of Buenos Aires.
2. How does Candide kill Don Issachar?
(a) With a sword.
(b) He hits him over the head.
(c) By strangling him.
(d) He shoots him.
3. What does Candide tell the Commandant?
(a) That he killed the Grand Inquisitor.
(b) That he hates all Jesuits.
(c) That the Commandant's sister is live and well.
(d) That he raped Cunégonde.
4. How do the Janizaries try to stave off their hunger?
(a) By killing squirrels.
(b) By eating the eunuchs.
(c) By eating sticks.
(d) By stealing food.
5. What happens to the Princess in Algiers?
(a) She becomes a nun.
(b) She catches the plague.
(c) She gets married.
(d) She gets arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Candide goes to the court to report the captain who stole his sheep and riches?
2. For whose side does Cacambo encourage Candide to fight?
3. What happens to the main who arrives on the ship that pulls into the harbor while Cunégonde and the governor are speaking?
4. After drifting downstream in Chapter 17, how does Candide's and Cacambo's ride end?
5. What does Cacambo explain to Candide about what happens in Chapter 16?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)