|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the sermon that Candide hears the man give?
2. What is the name of Candide's tutor?
3. What position does the Baron attain in the Jesuit military?
4. Upon seeing the strange sight running across a field in Chapter 16, what does Candide do?
(a) Shoots the girls.
(b) Falls down laughing hysterically.
(c) Challenges the sword fighters.
(d) Shoots the monkeys.
5. What happens in Chapter 19 as a result of the ship captain's greed?
(a) Candide's sheep are loaded on the ship and it sails away.
(b) Candide is knocked out and all his money stolen.
(c) Candide pays four times what a passage should cost.
(d) Candide is thrown overboard and his sheep are killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Candide forced to do after the murder of Issachar is discovered?
2. How many times does Candide make it through the gauntlet?
3. Where does the Princess of Palestrina collapse after she escapes from the Moors?
4. Where does Candide go, leaving Cunegonde with the governor of Buenos Aires?
5. How much does Candide pay the Dutch captain?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)