|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
(a) The old woman returns and asks that he follow her.
(b) The old woman does not return with his supper.
(c) The soldiers give up looking for him.
(d) The old man hits him in the head and ties him up.
2. What are following the two girls running through the meadow?
3. Which of the following is not a reason that Candide kills the two monkeys who are chasing the girls?
(a) To absolve the murder of The Grand Inquisitor.
(b) To absolve the murder of Cunégonde's brother.
(c) To protect the women.
(d) To absolve the murder of Mr. Issachar.
4. In Chapter 19, where does Candide plan to go to wait for Cacambo and Cunegonde?
5. How many horses does the old woman tell Candide and Cunégonde are in the stable?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
2. What do Manichaeans believe?
3. How does Candide get in trouble with the Bulgarians?
4. What is the setting of the first chapter?
5. Who is the second person Candide kills?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)