|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cacambo want to go as soon as possible?
(a) To Canada.
(b) To Europe.
(c) To Paraguay.
(d) To America.
2. How do the men help train Candide to be a stronger soldier?
(a) They make him do push ups.
(b) They have him run long distances.
(c) They give him special weapons training.
(d) They beat him with a stick.
3. Why is Candide kicked out of the castle?
(a) He is making advances on the maid.
(b) He is caught kissing Cunégonde..
(c) He is not succeeding at his studies.
(d) His mother has arrived and is unwelcome.
4. Who decides that the city needs an auto-da-fé?
(a) The sailor.
(d) The University of Coimbra.
5. Who is the court's banker?
(a) Don Issachar.
(b) The old lady's husband.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor's illegitimate son.
(d) Cunégonde's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whose side does Cacambo encourage Candide to fight?
2. What is the country with gold streets called?
3. What happens when Candide goes to the court to report the captain who stole his sheep and riches?
4. What does the old woman tell Candide and Cunegonde in Chapter 9?
5. What is still going on in Germany in Chapter 17?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)