|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people at the University of Coimbre decide a future earthquake can be prevented?
(a) By holding a week long religious ceremony.
(b) By moving the city to a better location.
(c) By building stronger buildings.
(d) By burning people alive.
2. Who does Pangloss ultimately blame for his current condition?
(b) The Baron.
(c) Christopher Columbus.
3. What is the result of Candide and Cunegonde getting caught behind the screen in Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Pangloss is fired.
(b) Candide and Cunegonde run away together.
(c) Cunegonde is forced to marry Candide.
(d) Candide is kicked out of the castle.
4. Who do Candide and Cacambo plan to join?
(a) A local group of pirates.
(b) The Jesuits.
(c) A native tribe.
(d) The Moors.
5. At a stream they come to in Chapter 17, what do Candide and Cacambo discover?
(a) Women washing clothes.
(b) boys swimming in the stream.
(c) An abandoned canoe.
(d) A place to take a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
2. What does the old woman tell Candide and Cunegonde in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
4. What is the country to which Candide walks after leaving Bulgaria?
5. Which group of people captures Candide and Cacambo, binds them, and threatens to eat them?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)