|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Candide and Martin are discussing philosophy?
(a) They see the captain of their ship fall overboard.
(b) They see a ship attacked by pirates.
(c) They see a seaman lift a young boy to see over the edge of the ship.
(d) They see a young maiden cry for help as a man attacks her.
2. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
(a) By foot.
(b) By boat.
(c) By horse.
(d) By raft.
3. When the old woman and her mother had been on board a ship belonging to the Pope, what event occurred?
(a) the ship was attacked by a Moorish fleet.
(b) Pirates attacked them.
(c) The ship ran aground on a desert island.
(d) The ship sank in a storm.
4. How much money does Jacques give Candide?
(a) Twenty florins.
(b) 50 florins.
(c) Two florins.
(d) 100 florins.
5. Why is Candide put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
(a) Because of his Bulgarian military training.
(b) Because they are holding Cunegonde hostage.
(c) Because he is taller than the soldiers.
(d) Because the leader always gets killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scientists work on the machine built to carry Candide and Cacambo out of Eldorado?
2. Where is the man who finds the Princess born?
3. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
4. Where does Cunegonde's brother learn Cunegonde is in Chapter 15?
5. What does the old woman advise Candide to do at the governor's place?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)