|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
(a) The old man hits him in the head and ties him up.
(b) The soldiers give up looking for him.
(c) The old woman does not return with his supper.
(d) The old woman returns and asks that he follow her.
2. What does the Commandant forbid?
(a) Writing in Portuguese.
(b) The Spaniards to speak.
(c) Riding horses.
(d) Eating on Mondays.
3. What are the people of Cadiz doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Putting together an army.
(b) Building new houses.
(c) Having a religious service.
(d) Having a fiesta.
4. With what are the roads paved in the village at which Candide and Cacambo arrive in the rocky mountains?
5. How do the Janizaries try to stave off their hunger?
(a) By eating sticks.
(b) By stealing food.
(c) By eating the eunuchs.
(d) By killing squirrels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the arriving Spanish ship in Chapter 13?
2. What is stolen from Cunégonde?
3. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
4. To where do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman flee?
5. What does the Governor order Candide to do in order to get rid of him?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)