|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman flee?
2. What game are the children in the village playing?
3. Which of the following is not a reason the old woman tells Cunégonde she should stay with the governor?
(a) He will treat her well.
(b) She is his equal.
(c) She is not guilty of murder.
(d) He is rich.
4. What does Candide sell on the old woman's advice?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sword.
5. What is the fate of the Franciscan who had stolen Cunégonde's money and jewels?
(a) He is now the Governor of Buenos Aires.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He is in jail.
(d) He is hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the evils Candide's new traveling partner to Bordeaux says he has observed in the world?
2. What happens to Candide in the auto-da-fé?
3. How do the people at the University of Coimbre decide a future earthquake can be prevented?
4. Who heals Cunégonde's brother after he is left for dead at the castle?
5. What happens to the Princess in Algiers?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)