|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh located?
2. Why are the two Portuguese arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) For throwing away bacon.
(b) For selling rotten bananas.
(c) For eating a cat.
(d) For hoarding food.
3. Where does the Princess of Palestrina collapse after she escapes from the Moors?
(a) Under an orange tree.
(b) In a river.
(c) In a barn.
(d) On the Emperor's bed.
4. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
(a) He thinks Cunégonde is not worthy of Candide's attention.
(b) He thinks that Cunégonde does not love Candide.
(c) He thinks Candide will try to kill Cunégonde.
(d) He does not think Candide has enough money or importance to marry her.
5. What is Cunégonde wearing when she meets Candide again?
(a) Heavy blankets.
(b) A san benito.
(c) A suit of armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides that the city needs an auto-da-fé?
2. Who does Cunégonde tell Candide has not survived the attack on the castle?
3. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
4. In Chapter 19, where does Candide plan to go to wait for Cacambo and Cunegonde?
5. What does the old woman advise Candide to do at the governor's place?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)