|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old woman describe the location where she was raised?
(a) Much grander than that in Westphalia.
(b) As grand as the King's palace.
(c) Perched high on a mountaintop.
(d) Like a fortress with a wide moat around it.
2. How does Candide find the sea as compared to his journey to Lisbon?
(a) More peaceful.
3. Where has the sailor been four times?
4. What is the country to which Candide walks after leaving Bulgaria?
5. What is the man's occupation?
(a) He was a publisher.
(b) He was a musician.
(c) He was a merchant.
(d) He was a shoemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. After 100 days, how many sheep do Candide and Cacambo still have?
2. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
3. How are Candide and Pangloss paid for helping restore the city in Chapter 5?
4. For what position does Jacques hire the beggar?
5. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)