|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pangloss and Candide walk around in Lisbon, what catastrophe strikes?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A hail storm.
(c) An invasion.
(d) An outbreak of the plague.
2. Who were the old woman's parents?
(a) The Baron of Palestrina and the Princess of Westphalia.
(b) Pope Urban X and the Princess of Palestrina.
(c) The Baron and Baroness of Palestrina.
(d) The Baron of Urbania and the Princess of Palestrina.
3. What is the fate of the Franciscan who had stolen Cunégonde's money and jewels?
(a) He is burned.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He is now the Governor of Buenos Aires.
(d) He is in jail.
4. What do Candide and Martin see swimming in the water and rescue?
(c) Candide's sheep.
5. Why are Candide and Pangloss arrested in Portugal?
(a) For spouting philosophy.
(b) For killing a Bulgarian.
(c) For drowning Jacques.
(d) For throwing away bacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
2. Candide and his new traveling companion, Martin, leave on a ship bound for where in Chapter 20?
3. Who returns to the house to find Mr. Issachar dead?
4. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
5. Which group of people captures Candide and Cacambo, binds them, and threatens to eat them?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)