|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candide's tutor teach the children?
(a) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
(b) Love is patient.
(c) The meek will inherit the earth.
(d) There is no effect without a cause.
2. Who decides that the city needs an auto-da-fé?
(a) The sailor.
(c) The University of Coimbra.
3. Candide and his new traveling companion, Martin, leave on a ship bound for where in Chapter 20?
4. What is the man's occupation?
(a) He was a merchant.
(b) He was a publisher.
(c) He was a musician.
(d) He was a shoemaker.
5. What is the country to which Candide walks after leaving Bulgaria?
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing the Bulgarian destruction in Avare, what does Candide see next?
2. Which of the following is not a reason the old woman tells Cunégonde she should stay with the governor?
3. What happened the man who found the old woman and spoke her language when he was a child?
4. Where does Candide walk the street and ask for charity after visiting the villages that have been pummeled?
5. Where does Cunégonde's brother reside in Chapter 15?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)