|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh located?
2. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
(a) Among the French.
(b) In the armies.
(c) Among the Dutch.
(d) Among the clergy.
3. The old woman and her mother were brought to Morocco for what purpose?
(a) To be slaves.
(b) To be educated.
(c) To be married.
(d) To be killed.
4. How does Candide justify the murders he committed?
(a) He believes otherwise Cunégonde would have been harmed.
(b) He believes otherwise he would have been taken into slavery.
(c) He believes otherwise the old woman would have been killed.
(d) He believes otherwise Mr. Issachar would have killed the Grand Inquisitor.
5. As Captain, who is assigned to be Candide's assistant?
(a) Cunegonde's long lost brother.
(b) A Moroccan pirate.
(d) T Bulgarian prisoner of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
2. What do Candide and Cunegonde's brother do for a long time in Chapter 14?
3. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
4. Why is the man who discovers the Princess upset?
5. Which of the following is not a reason that Candide kills the two monkeys who are chasing the girls?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)