|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Candide told after he drinks to the health of the king of Bulgaria?
(a) That he has just become a Bulgarian slave.
(b) That he will be put into prison.
(c) That he is now a defender of Bulgarians.
(d) That he must become a Bulgarian citizen.
2. Who is this Grand Inquisitor?
(a) The man who once gave Candide a meal.
(b) The man who arranged the auto-da-fe in Lisbon.
(c) The man who ordered the attack on the Baron's castle.
(d) The man who helped Candide get to Holland.
3. Who is the last person for whom the old woman worked?
(a) Mr. Issachar.
(b) The Prince of Palestrina.
(c) A man in Moscow.
(d) The Grand Inquisitor.
4. What happens when Candide hears that Cunegonde is dead?
(a) He cries.
(b) He argues.
(c) He faints.
(d) He curses.
5. Who is on the ship that has been spotted in the Buenos Aires harbor?
(a) Candide's mother.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor.
(d) A magistrate and police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pangloss and Candide walk around in Lisbon, what catastrophe strikes?
2. How long has the agreement between Don Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor been in effect?
3. While working for the Boyar in Russia, what job does the Princess do?
4. Who is Candide's mother?
5. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)