|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Lisbon after the shipwreck?
(a) There is an eclipse.
(b) There is an earthquake.
(c) There is a tidal wave.
(d) There is a fire.
2. How much of Lisbon is destroyed by the earthquake?
(a) One quarter of it.
(b) Three quarters of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) Half of it.
3. Where does Candide walk the street and ask for charity after visiting the villages that have been pummeled?
4. Why are Candide and Pangloss arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) For refusing to work.
(b) For stealing bread.
(c) For teaching Pangloss' philosophy.
(d) For bathing in a fountain.
5. Which of the following does the old woman not provide to Candide while he is staying in her shack?
(b) A concubine.
(c) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is something Candide does not experience in Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of Candide's tutor?
3. What characteristic do Jacques and Candide share?
4. How does Candide kill Don Issachar?
5. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)