|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who develops a solution to prevent further earthquakes?
(a) The University of Coimbre.
(c) The University of Westphalia.
2. What is the result of Candide and Cunegonde getting caught behind the screen in Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Pangloss is fired.
(b) Candide is kicked out of the castle.
(c) Cunegonde is forced to marry Candide.
(d) Candide and Cunegonde run away together.
3. How do the survivors in Lisbon wet their bread?
(a) With their tears.
(b) With wine.
(c) With their blood.
(d) With milk.
4. Why does Candide not act on his crush on Cunégonde?
(a) He is too shy.
(b) He does not have a crush on her.
(c) He is too young.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
5. In Chapter 8, what are Candide and Cunégonde doing when Mr. Issachar arrives?
(a) Sitting on the couch.
(b) Eating dinner.
(d) Having coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the morning after Candide's rescue?
2. What does the Anabaptist do for the crew of the boat?
3. What does Jacques do when Candide asks him for charity?
4. What is the fate of the Franciscan who had stolen Cunégonde's money and jewels?
5. How many horses does the old woman tell Candide and Cunégonde are in the stable?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)