|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cunégonde see Pangloss with in the bushes?
(a) The chambermaid.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her aunt.
2. Which of the following is not a reason the old woman tells Cunégonde she should stay with the governor?
(a) She is not guilty of murder.
(b) He will treat her well.
(c) She is his equal.
(d) He is rich.
3. What does the Governor have a "furious lust" for?
4. Why is the Biscayan arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) For getting the maid pregnant.
(b) For selling bacon.
(c) For spouting philosophy.
(d) For marrying his godmother.
5. What does the Baroness do to Cunégonde after Candide is expelled from the castle?
(a) She puts her in a dungeon.
(b) She sends her away.
(c) She apologizes to her.
(d) She slaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second person Candide kills?
2. Who is Candide's mother?
3. On whose death does the beggar report?
4. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
5. What does Jacques do when Candide asks him for charity?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)