|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cunégonde decide to stay with the governor?
(a) Because he is attractive.
(b) Because he is strong.
(c) Because he is rich.
(d) Because he is young.
2. What happens in Lima, Peru?
(a) There is a fire.
(b) There is a revolution.
(c) There has been an earthquake there.
(d) Cunégonde has been found there.
3. Who is on the arriving Spanish ship in Chapter 13?
(a) The Grand Inquisitor's brother.
(b) The young castrati who sold the old woman.
(c) the monk who stole Cunegonde's money and diamonds.
(d) A Bulgarian captain.
4. While working for the Boyar in Russia, what job does the Princess do?
(a) She is a gardener.
(b) She is a musician.
(c) She is the chambermaid.
(d) She is the cook.
5. What does the old woman tell Candide and Cunegonde in Chapter 9?
(a) That she will take the balme for the murders.
(b) That there are three horses in the stable.
(c) That they must burn down the house.
(d) That the police are coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Candide put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
2. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
3. Who is the court's banker?
4. Who does Cunégonde tell Candide has not survived the attack on the castle?
5. Who is the second person Candide kills?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)