|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason the old woman tells Cunégonde she should stay with the governor?
(a) She is not guilty of murder.
(b) He will treat her well.
(c) She is his equal.
(d) He is rich.
2. What country does Candide go to after the war?
3. Why did the old woman never marry her true love, the Prince of Massa-Carrara?
(a) He left her standing alone at the altar.
(b) His father forbade the marriage.
(c) A former mistress of his poisoned him.
(d) Her father went to war with the prince's father.
4. What does the old woman reveal about her past in Chapter 10?
(a) She was once married to the King of Spain.
(b) She was once the mistress of the Grand Inquisitor.
(c) She was once a Russian Tsarina.
(d) She was born a princess but now has to work as a maid.
5. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
(a) The two coins Jacques gave him.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A job.
(d) A slap in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old woman say her parents were?
2. How does Candide get in trouble with the Bulgarians?
3. When did the man who found the old woman and spoke her language first meet her?
4. Where does Candide walk the street and ask for charity after visiting the villages that have been pummeled?
5. How much does the Baroness weigh?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)