|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranged the auto-da-fé, which results in the hanging of Pangloss?
(b) The Grand Inquisitor.
(c) Mr. Issachar.
(d) The Baron.
2. What happens when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde stop at the inn?
(a) The old woman is kidnapped.
(b) Candide is robbed and beaten.
(c) Cunégonde is raped and left for dead.
(d) Someone steals Cunégonde's diamond and pistols.
3. The old woman says she once resembled who?
(b) The Venus de Medici.
4. What town do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman reach before anyone realizes Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are dead?
5. How do the Janizaries try to stave off their hunger?
(a) By eating the eunuchs.
(b) By eating sticks.
(c) By stealing food.
(d) By killing squirrels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old lady pray to for Candide's health?
2. Where does Candide go, leaving Cunegonde with the governor of Buenos Aires?
3. Who does Cunégonde see Pangloss with in the bushes?
4. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
5. Who develops a solution to prevent further earthquakes?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)