|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did the old woman tell her story of captivity by the pirates?
(a) An old man who looked like her grandfather.
(b) A woman who said she could help her.
(c) A pirate who tried to protect her.
(d) A young man who once sang at her castle.
2. After seeing the Bulgarian destruction in Avare, what does Candide see next?
(a) The Abarian destruction of a Bulgarian village.
(b) Pangloss teaching Bulgarina soldiers.
(c) Cunegonde walking down the road.
(d) The moon rise over the Abarian mountains.
3. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
(a) A Bulgarian.
(b) A prince.
(d) The Baron.
4. Who heals the women after the Russians attack the Janissaries?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Spaniards.
(d) The Janissaries.
5. What does the old woman advise Candide to do at the governor's place?
(a) Steal the governor's gold.
(c) Stay with him.
(d) Sell his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Candide beaten on his first day of military service?
2. When the old woman and her mother had been on board a ship belonging to the Pope, what event occurred?
3. What gives Candide a chance to escape the Bulgarians?
4. Where does the old woman suggest Candide and Cunegonde go in Chapter 9?
5. Why is Candide kicked out of the castle?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)