|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Candide make it through the gauntlet?
2. How is Pangloss punished by the auto-da-fé?
(a) He is burned.
(b) He is flogged.
(c) He is hung.
(d) He is drawn and quartered.
3. Over what does Cunégonde shed tears?
(a) The murder of her family.
(b) The deaths of Pangloss and Jacques.
(c) Her fate.
(d) Candide and his misfortunes.
4. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
(a) The old man hits him in the head and ties him up.
(b) The soldiers give up looking for him.
(c) The old woman returns and asks that he follow her.
(d) The old woman does not return with his supper.
5. When Cunegonde was taken prisoner by the captain, what did she become?
(a) His bed warmer.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His maid.
(d) His cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cunégonde wearing when she meets Candide again?
2. Where do Candide, Cunegonde, and the old woman land in Chapter 13?
3. Who does Cunégonde tell Candide has not survived the attack on the castle?
4. What is the man's occupation?
5. What gives Candide a chance to escape the Bulgarians?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)