|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people at the University of Coimbre decide a future earthquake can be prevented?
(a) By burning people alive.
(b) By moving the city to a better location.
(c) By holding a week long religious ceremony.
(d) By building stronger buildings.
2. Where does Candide walk the street and ask for charity after visiting the villages that have been pummeled?
3. To whom was the old woman betrothed?
(a) The Prince of Massa-Carrara.
(b) The Baron of Westphalia.
(c) The Prince of Palestrina.
(d) The Pope.
4. What happens when Candide learns that the Baron, his wife, and his son were murdered?
(a) He cries.
(b) He faints.
(c) He curses.
(d) He argues.
5. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
(a) She is Paquette.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She doesn't tell him.
(d) She is his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's occupation?
2. What happened to Cunegonde after she was taken prisoner by the captain?
3. Why is Candide put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
4. How is the Princess of Palestrina's betrothed killed?
5. What does Candide's tutor teach the children?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)