|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man in black an officer for?
(a) The Bulgar Army.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Inquisition.
(d) The Navy.
2. What happens in Lisbon after the shipwreck?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) There is an eclipse.
(c) There is a fire.
(d) There is a tidal wave.
3. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
(a) A job as a dishwasher at an inn.
(b) A serious lecture about false teaching.
(c) Another flogging.
(d) Ointment, food and drink, clothes, and a bed.
4. How does Candide kill Mr. Issachar?
(a) With his hands.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With a sword.
(d) With a gun.
5. Which of the following characters survives their punishment in Lisbon?
(b) The two Portuguese.
(d) The Biscayan man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacques say mankind has become like?
2. Which of the following characters does not live with the Baron?
3. Which two men share a house and Cunégonde, although she will not let either man touch her?
4. What does Candide see in the villages that the Bulgarians and their enemies have raided?
5. Who heals the women after the Russians attack the Janissaries?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)