|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faith is Jacques?
2. Why does the captain kill the Bulgarian who is attacking Cunégonde?
(a) The captain is angry that the rapist did not stop to show respect for the captain.
(b) The captain is angry that the rapist did not kill Cunégonde.
(c) The captain does not kill the Bulgarian.
(d) The captain is angry that he didn't get Cunégonde first.
3. How does Candide get in trouble with the Bulgarians?
(a) He kisses one of their wives.
(b) He writes a letter to Cunégonde.
(c) He fails to learn how to fight.
(d) He goes for a walk.
4. What color are the soldiers that Candide meets wearing?
5. What does Cunegonde witness in the park in Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Pangloss and Paquette doing an experiment.
(b) the Baron cavorting with Paquette.
(c) Dr. Pangloss doing his exercises.
(d) Candide talking to a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
2. The old woman says she once resembled who?
3. In Chapter 8, what are Candide and Cunégonde doing when Mr. Issachar arrives?
4. What gives Candide a chance to escape the Bulgarians?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Cunegonde tell Candide had happened to her?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)