|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
(a) Both ears.
(b) His chin.
(c) His nose.
(d) An eye and an ear.
2. How many sons does the Emperor Muley Ismael have?
3. Where does Candide travel with Cunégonde, the old woman, and two servants?
(b) Buenos Aires.
4. Who does the old woman suspect is the thief?
(a) A soldier.
(b) The innkeeper.
(d) A Franciscan priest.
5. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
(a) The soldiers take his protector away.
(b) The old woman will not answer his questions.
(c) He is too polite to ask personal questions.
(d) The old man cannot hear or speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not live with the Baron?
2. Who is Candide's mother?
3. What does the Governor have a "furious lust" for?
4. Who discovers Cunegonde and Candide behind the screen attempting Dr. Pangloss' experiment?
5. What is the topic of the sermon that Candide hears the man give?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)