|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cunégonde tell Candide has not survived the attack on the castle?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
(c) The Baron.
3. What happens the morning after Candide's rescue?
(a) He runs away again, headed for Spain.
(b) Lisbon soldiers come looking for him.
(c) The old woman returns and brings him breakfast and another ointment.
(d) The old woman sells him as a galley slave.
4. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is sold as a slave.
(c) His throat is cut.
(d) He dies of the plague.
5. What happens when Candide hears that Cunegonde is dead?
(a) He argues.
(b) He faints.
(c) He cries.
(d) He curses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Candide and Cunégonde reunited?
2. How does Jacques die?
3. To whom does the captain sell Cunégonde?
4. What happened the man who found the old woman and spoke her language when he was a child?
5. What natural event destroys the city of Lisbon?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)