|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the old woman's story about her past, what did the soldiers of the Pope do when the ship was attacked?
(a) Stripped off their uniforms.
(b) jumped overboard.
(d) threw the passengers overboard.
2. How many times is Candide beaten on his first day of military service?
3. Where is the man who finds the Princess born?
4. Who is the man in black an officer for?
(a) The Bulgar Army.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The King of France.
5. What town do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman reach before anyone realizes Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the fleet of ships that Candide, Cunégonde and the old woman join headed?
2. What does Candide say about Cunégonde's scar?
3. What is the country to which Candide walks after leaving Bulgaria?
4. Who does Pangloss ultimately blame for his current condition?
5. What happens at the inn where Candide, Cunegonde, and the old woman are staying in Chapter 10?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)