|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the old woman never marry her true love, the Prince of Massa-Carrara?
(a) A former mistress of his poisoned him.
(b) Her father went to war with the prince's father.
(c) He left her standing alone at the altar.
(d) His father forbade the marriage.
2. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
(a) The Baron's son.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) Dr. Pangloss.
3. What town do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman reach before anyone realizes Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are dead?
4. On whose death does the beggar report?
(a) Cunégonde, the Baron, Baroness, and Baron's son.
(b) The Bulgarian army.
(c) The Baroness and her sister.
5. Where is the man who finds the Princess born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candide justify the murders he committed?
2. To where do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman flee?
3. Who discovers Cunegonde and Candide behind the screen attempting Dr. Pangloss' experiment?
4. Which of the following weapons is not used by the Bulgarians during their battles?
5. What is Candide told after he drinks to the health of the king of Bulgaria?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)