|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
(a) By horse.
(b) By raft.
(c) By foot.
(d) By boat.
2. When the old woman and her mother had been on board a ship belonging to the Pope, what event occurred?
(a) The ship ran aground on a desert island.
(b) the ship was attacked by a Moorish fleet.
(c) The ship sank in a storm.
(d) Pirates attacked them.
3. How does Jacques act on the ship?
(a) He helps the crew.
(b) He tries to get the sailors lost.
(c) He sulks.
(d) He reads the whole time.
4. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
(a) A snowfall.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A heat wave.
5. How did Cunegonde react to Don Issachar?
(a) She allowed him to sleep with her.
(b) She did not let him touch her.
(c) She hated him.
(d) She feared him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of the sermon that Candide hears the man give?
2. Who were the old woman's parents?
3. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
4. Who is the last person for whom the old woman worked?
5. How does Candide kill Don Issachar?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)