|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Bicayan and the two Portuguese in the auto-da-fe that follows in Chapter 6?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They are beheaded.
(c) They are hanged.
(d) They are flogged.
2. When did the man who found the old woman and spoke her language first meet her?
(a) Before she was six.
(b) When she was eighteen.
(c) After her father died.
(d) Under the orange tree.
3. How do the survivors in Lisbon wet their bread?
(a) With their tears.
(b) With their blood.
(c) With wine.
(d) With milk.
4. Which of the following characters does not live with the Baron?
(a) His sister.
(c) His wife.
5. What has the old lady set out for Candide?
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the castle where Candide is raised?
2. What does Cunegonde talk about on the way to Buenos Aires?
3. What do the Janissaries eat when they are under attack?
4. While working for the Boyar in Russia, what job does the Princess do?
5. Why is the Bicayan arrested in Chapter 6?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)