|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cunegonde was taken prisoner by the captain, what did she become?
(a) His maid.
(b) His bed warmer.
(c) His cook.
(d) His teacher.
2. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
(a) An old woman.
(b) The Baron's son.
(c) Dr. Pangloss.
(d) An old man.
3. How much does the Baroness weigh?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 350 pounds.
(c) 90 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
4. What country does Candide go to after the war?
5. What does the beggar say is the reason for his affliction?
(a) Intimate relations with Cunégonde.
(b) Intimate relations with the maid.
(c) A disease brought by the Bulgarians.
(d) Something that he ate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters survives their punishment in Lisbon?
2. Why are the two Portuguese arrested in Chapter 6?
3. What happens to Candide in the auto-da-fé?
4. Who noticed Cunegonde at church?
5. How many people die in the war between the Bulgars and the Avars?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)