|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the two Portuguese arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) For selling rotten bananas.
(b) For throwing away bacon.
(c) For eating a cat.
(d) For hoarding food.
2. To whom was the old woman betrothed?
(a) The Prince of Palestrina.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Prince of Massa-Carrara.
(d) The Baron of Westphalia.
3. Who decides that the city needs an auto-da-fé?
(a) The sailor.
(b) The University of Coimbra.
4. What reaction do Candide and Cunégonde have when they reunite?
(a) They embrace and kiss.
(b) They both faint.
(c) They run away from each other.
(d) Cunégonde faints and Candide catches her.
5. How do the people at the University of Coimbre decide a future earthquake can be prevented?
(a) By holding a week long religious ceremony.
(b) By building stronger buildings.
(c) By moving the city to a better location.
(d) By burning people alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stolen from Cunégonde?
2. How are Candide and Pangloss rewarded for helping rebuild Lisbon?
3. Who is rumored to be the son of the Baron's sister and a gentleman from the village?
4. What does Candide see in the villages that the Bulgarians and their enemies have raided?
5. What town do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman reach before anyone realizes Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are dead?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)