|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Candide go to after the war?
2. Where does the old woman suggest Candide and Cunegonde go in Chapter 9?
3. Over what does Cunégonde shed tears?
(a) Her fate.
(b) Candide and his misfortunes.
(c) The murder of her family.
(d) The deaths of Pangloss and Jacques.
4. Who develops a solution to prevent further earthquakes?
(a) The University of Westphalia.
(b) The University of Coimbre.
5. Who decides that the city needs an auto-da-fé?
(a) The sailor.
(d) The University of Coimbra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the captain kill the Bulgarian who is attacking Cunégonde?
2. Who returns to the house to find Mr. Issachar dead?
3. What happens to the Bicayan and the two Portuguese in the auto-da-fe that follows in Chapter 6?
4. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
5. Why are Candide and Pangloss arrested in Portugal?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)