|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trade does Jacques teach Candide?
(a) Candle making.
(d) Fabric making.
2. Why is the Bicayan arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) For belittling the king in the middle of the public square.
(b) For marrying the godmother of a child for whom he was godfather.
(c) For stealing bread to feed his starving family.
(d) For selling tainted wine and causing people to get sick.
3. How are Candide and Pangloss rewarded for helping rebuild Lisbon?
(a) With books.
(b) With coins.
(c) With homes.
(d) With meals.
4. The old woman and her mother were brought to Morocco for what purpose?
(a) To be educated.
(b) To be killed.
(c) To be slaves.
(d) To be married.
5. Where has Cunégonde been stabbed?
(a) On her arm.
(b) On her leg.
(c) In her back.
(d) On her left side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
2. Why did the old woman never marry her true love, the Prince of Massa-Carrara?
3. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
4. Where has the sailor been four times?
5. What are the people of Cadiz doing in Chapter 10?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)