|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Lima, Peru?
(a) Cunégonde has been found there.
(b) There has been an earthquake there.
(c) There is a revolution.
(d) There is a fire.
2. Why is the Bicayan arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) For marrying the godmother of a child for whom he was godfather.
(b) For selling tainted wine and causing people to get sick.
(c) For belittling the king in the middle of the public square.
(d) For stealing bread to feed his starving family.
3. What happens to Candide immediately after he leaves the castle?
(a) He finds a beautiful bride.
(b) He wanders around and falls asleep in the snow.
(c) He is beat up by some Bulgarians.
(d) He is taken in by his long lost aunt.
4. The old woman and her mother were brought to Morocco for what purpose?
(a) To be slaves.
(b) To be married.
(c) To be killed.
(d) To be educated.
5. How many generations of nobility does Cunégonde count in her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the morning after Candide's rescue?
2. What is the first village to which Candide goes immediately after he escapes from the Bulgarians?
3. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
4. How long has the agreement between Don Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor been in effect?
5. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)