|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cunégonde say happened to her when the Bulgarians attacked?
(a) She says she was forced to watch her mother's rape.
(b) She says she was raped and cut open.
(c) She says that mercifully nothing happened to her.
(d) She says she was given food and shelter.
2. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
(a) At the mercado.
(b) At the plaza real.
(c) At the auto-da-fé.
(d) At the gardens.
3. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
(a) The Baron.
(c) A prince.
(d) A Bulgarian.
4. Why is Candide kicked out of the castle?
(a) He is caught kissing Cunégonde..
(b) He is making advances on the maid.
(c) His mother has arrived and is unwelcome.
(d) He is not succeeding at his studies.
5. In Holland, who is Candide happy to meet up with again?
(a) The Baron's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faith is Jacques?
2. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
3. How many people are being punished in the auto-da-fé?
4. Over what does Cunégonde shed tears?
5. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)