|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the solution which is developed to prevent further earthquakes?
(a) The placement of secure structures where the earthquake struck.
(b) Building away from fault lines.
(c) A ceremony in which people are burned to death.
(d) The sacrifice of twenty virgins.
2. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
(a) His nose.
(b) An eye and an ear.
(c) His chin.
(d) Both ears.
3. What happens to Candide immediately after he leaves the castle?
(a) He finds a beautiful bride.
(b) He is beat up by some Bulgarians.
(c) He wanders around and falls asleep in the snow.
(d) He is taken in by his long lost aunt.
4. What does the Anabaptist do for the crew of the boat?
(a) He pays them double.
(b) He helps them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He feeds them.
5. What is Candide forced to do after the murder of Issachar is discovered?
(a) Kill the stable boy.
(b) Kill the old woman.
(c) Kill the cook.
(d) Kill the Grand Inquisitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the old woman not provide to Candide while he is staying in her shack?
2. What is stolen from Cunégonde?
3. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
4. What does Candide do after being put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
5. How does Jacques die?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)