|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
(a) Their wives and children.
(d) The King of Bulgaria.
2. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
(b) A prince.
(c) The Baron.
(d) A Bulgarian.
3. What characteristic do Jacques and Candide share?
4. In Chapter 8, what are Candide and Cunégonde doing when Mr. Issachar arrives?
(a) Sitting on the couch.
(b) Having coffee.
(c) Eating dinner.
5. What happens to Candide in the auto-da-fé?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He is flogged.
(d) He is drawn and quartered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is this Grand Inquisitor?
2. Where does the old woman suggest Candide and Cunegonde go in Chapter 9?
3. To where do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman flee?
4. Which of the following weapons is not used by the Bulgarians during their battles?
5. Where does the Princess of Palestrina collapse after she escapes from the Moors?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)