|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Princess of Palestrina's betrothed killed?
(a) He is drowned.
(b) He is burned in an auto-do-fé.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is poisoned.
2. Where does the old woman suggest Candide and Cunegonde go in Chapter 9?
3. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
(a) At the auto-da-fé.
(b) At the mercado.
(c) At the gardens.
(d) At the plaza real.
4. How is Candide punished as a prisoner in Lisbon?
(a) He is hung by his feet.
(b) He is put on a rack.
(c) He is flogged.
(d) He is hung by his arms.
5. Who does the old lady pray to for Candide's health?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Saint Anthony of Padua.
(c) Saint James of Compostella.
(d) Our Lady of Atocha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being put together when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde arrive in Cadiz?
2. Who saves Candide from being killed by the Bulgarians?
3. Why is Candide kicked out of the castle?
4. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
5. What happens in Lima, Peru?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)