|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Candide gives away his coins in Chapter 4?
(a) The soldier curses him.
(b) The hungry child kicks him.
(c) The beggar gives him a hug.
(d) The fruit vender cheats him.
2. What happens when Candide learns that the Baron, his wife, and his son were murdered?
(a) He cries.
(b) He argues.
(c) He faints.
(d) He curses.
3. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
(a) By raft.
(b) By horse.
(c) By foot.
(d) By boat.
4. How many people are being punished in the auto-da-fé?
5. What does Jacques say mankind has become like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cunégonde wearing when she meets Candide again?
2. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
3. Why does Candide not act on his crush on Cunégonde?
4. What does Candide see in the villages that the Bulgarians and their enemies have raided?
5. How many horses does the old woman tell Candide and Cunégonde are in the stable?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)