|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Bicayan arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) For marrying the godmother of a child for whom he was godfather.
(b) For belittling the king in the middle of the public square.
(c) For stealing bread to feed his starving family.
(d) For selling tainted wine and causing people to get sick.
2. Why did the old woman not marry the person to whom she was engaged?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He rejected her.
(c) He ran off with his mistress.
(d) He died of syphilis.
3. How is Candide punished as a prisoner in Lisbon?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is hung by his feet.
(c) He is put on a rack.
(d) He is hung by his arms.
4. Who is the second person Candide kills?
(a) The Grand Inquisitor.
(b) The old lady.
(d) A beggar.
5. How many times does Candide make it through the gauntlet?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff, who offers Candide food and drink?
2. What does the Anabaptist do for the crew of the boat?
3. What does Candide find in the village of Avare?
4. Which of the following characters survives their punishment in Lisbon?
5. What has the old lady set out for Candide?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)