|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cunegonde react to Don Issachar?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She allowed him to sleep with her.
(c) She did not let him touch her.
(d) She feared him.
2. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
3. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
(a) Everything happens for a reason.
(b) Happiness is what you make of it.
(c) Good things come to those who wait.
(d) Life is a blessing.
4. How do the men help train Candide to be a stronger soldier?
(a) They beat him with a stick.
(b) They make him do push ups.
(c) They give him special weapons training.
(d) They have him run long distances.
5. What characteristic do Jacques and Candide share?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what are Candide and Cunégonde doing when Mr. Issachar arrives?
2. How does Candide kill Don Issachar?
3. To whom does the captain sell Cunégonde?
4. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
5. Where has the sailor been four times?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)