|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A heat wave.
(c) A snowfall.
(d) A storm.
2. Who does the old woman say her parents were?
(a) Pope Urban X and the Princess of Palestrina.
(b) Baron Rothschild and the Princess of Monrovia.
(c) Tsar Nicholas I and an English duchess.
(d) Archduke Ferdinand and his scullery maid.
3. What happens to Candide immediately after he leaves the castle?
(a) He wanders around and falls asleep in the snow.
(b) He is taken in by his long lost aunt.
(c) He is beat up by some Bulgarians.
(d) He finds a beautiful bride.
4. How much does the Baroness weigh?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 350 pounds.
(c) 90 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
5. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
(a) A Bulgarian.
(b) The Baron.
(c) A prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Lisbon is destroyed by the earthquake?
2. What does the old woman suggest should be done to make money?
3. Where has Cunégonde been stabbed?
4. Until what age does the Princess of Palestrina live in her castle?
5. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)