|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pangloss punished by the auto-da-fé?
(a) He is drawn and quartered.
(b) He is hung.
(c) He is flogged.
(d) He is burned.
2. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The bar.
(c) The Bulgarians' house.
(d) Jacques's stable.
3. How long has the agreement between Don Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor been in effect?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
4. What happens when Candide learns that the Baron, his wife, and his son were murdered?
(a) He faints.
(b) He curses.
(c) He argues.
(d) He cries.
5. How tall is Candide?
(b) Five feet tall.
(d) Six feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the old woman never marry her true love, the Prince of Massa-Carrara?
2. Who does Candide kiss behind a screen?
3. How do the men help train Candide to be a stronger soldier?
4. When does the old woman share her name with Candide?
5. Who returns to the house to find Mr. Issachar dead?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)