|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who develops a solution to prevent further earthquakes?
(a) The University of Coimbre.
(c) The University of Westphalia.
2. What is the topic of the sermon that Candide hears the man give?
3. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
(a) Another flogging.
(b) A serious lecture about false teaching.
(c) Ointment, food and drink, clothes, and a bed.
(d) A job as a dishwasher at an inn.
4. Where has the sailor been four times?
5. Who is the court's banker?
(a) Don Issachar.
(b) Cunégonde's uncle.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor's illegitimate son.
(d) The old lady's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candide escape?
2. What is the setting of the first chapter?
3. Until what age does the Princess of Palestrina live in her castle?
4. The old woman and her mother were brought to Morocco for what purpose?
5. What does the old woman suggest should be done to make money?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)