|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the old lady pray to for Candide's health?
(a) Saint James of Compostella.
(b) Our Lady of Atocha.
(c) Saint Anthony of Padua.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. When Pangloss and Candide walk around in Lisbon, what catastrophe strikes?
(a) An invasion.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A hail storm.
(d) An outbreak of the plague.
3. What does Cunégonde say happened to her when the Bulgarians attacked?
(a) She says that mercifully nothing happened to her.
(b) She says she was forced to watch her mother's rape.
(c) She says she was raped and cut open.
(d) She says she was given food and shelter.
4. What is the country to which Candide walks after leaving Bulgaria?
5. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
(a) By boat.
(b) By horse.
(c) By raft.
(d) By foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose health do the soldiers make Candide drink to?
2. What does Pangloss call the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh?
3. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
5. What does Candide's tutor teach the children?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)