|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
(a) He dies of the plague.
(b) His throat is cut.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He is sold as a slave.
2. How do the survivors in Lisbon wet their bread?
(a) With their tears.
(b) With their blood.
(c) With wine.
(d) With milk.
3. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
(a) An old man.
(b) Dr. Pangloss.
(c) An old woman.
(d) The Baron's son.
4. Why is the Biscayan arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) For spouting philosophy.
(b) For marrying his godmother.
(c) For selling bacon.
(d) For getting the maid pregnant.
5. Why does Candide ask to be shot in the head?
(a) There is no hope for him to escape the army.
(b) He saw someone hanged and does not want that.
(c) There are 2,000 men in the regiment to give 36 lashes each.
(d) He says it as a joke not believing they will do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Candide discovers that Cunegonde is the young girl under the veil?
2. What is the solution which is developed to prevent further earthquakes?
3. Where has the sailor been four times?
4. What does the Baroness do to Cunégonde after Candide is expelled from the castle?
5. What is Cunégonde wearing when she meets Candide again?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)