|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
(a) He drowns.
(b) His throat is cut.
(c) He is sold as a slave.
(d) He dies of the plague.
2. What happens to Candide in the auto-da-fé?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He is flogged.
(d) He is drawn and quartered.
3. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
(c) The Baron.
4. After seeing the Bulgarian destruction in Avare, what does Candide see next?
(a) The moon rise over the Abarian mountains.
(b) Cunegonde walking down the road.
(c) The Abarian destruction of a Bulgarian village.
(d) Pangloss teaching Bulgarina soldiers.
5. Who does the old lady pray to for Candide's health?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Our Lady of Atocha.
(c) Saint Anthony of Padua.
(d) Saint James of Compostella.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Candide?
2. Why does Candide not act on his crush on Cunégonde?
3. What reaction do Candide and Cunégonde have when they reunite?
4. What country does Candide go to after the war?
5. What happens on the same day as the auto-da-fé?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)