|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Candide and Pangloss arrested in Portugal?
(a) For throwing away bacon.
(b) For drowning Jacques.
(c) For killing a Bulgarian.
(d) For spouting philosophy.
2. What happens in Lisbon after the shipwreck?
(a) There is a tidal wave.
(b) There is an earthquake.
(c) There is a fire.
(d) There is an eclipse.
3. Where is the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh located?
4. For what position does Jacques hire the beggar?
(d) Stable boy.
5. What is the first village to which Candide goes immediately after he escapes from the Bulgarians?
Short Answer Questions
1. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
2. What does Cunegonde witness in the park in Chapter 1?
3. How are Candide and Pangloss paid for helping restore the city in Chapter 5?
4. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
5. Why are the two Portuguese arrested in Chapter 6?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)