|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
(c) Their wives and children.
(d) The King of Bulgaria.
2. What happens to the Bicayan and the two Portuguese in the auto-da-fe that follows in Chapter 6?
(a) They are beheaded.
(b) They are hanged.
(c) They are flogged.
(d) They are burned.
3. What happens to Candide and Pangloss in the auto-da-fe?
(a) Candide and Pangloss are exiled.
(b) Candide is sold, but Pangloss is flogged.
(c) Candide is freed, but Pangloss is burned.
(d) Candide is flogged, and Pangloss is hanged.
4. Why is the Bicayan arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) For marrying the godmother of a child for whom he was godfather.
(b) For belittling the king in the middle of the public square.
(c) For stealing bread to feed his starving family.
(d) For selling tainted wine and causing people to get sick.
5. Which of the following does the old woman not provide to Candide while he is staying in her shack?
(b) A concubine.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of the sermon that Candide hears the man give?
2. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
3. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
4. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
5. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)