|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Candide kicked out of the castle?
(a) He is making advances on the maid.
(b) His mother has arrived and is unwelcome.
(c) He is not succeeding at his studies.
(d) He is caught kissing Cunégonde..
2. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
(a) A year.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Six months.
3. How do the survivors in Lisbon wet their bread?
(a) With wine.
(b) With milk.
(c) With their tears.
(d) With their blood.
4. Which of the following is something Candide does not experience in Chapter 5?
(a) Being stoned.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Witnessing death.
(d) A storm.
5. What happens to Candide and Pangloss in the auto-da-fe?
(a) Candide and Pangloss are exiled.
(b) Candide is flogged, and Pangloss is hanged.
(c) Candide is freed, but Pangloss is burned.
(d) Candide is sold, but Pangloss is flogged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacques do when Candide asks him for charity?
2. How tall is Candide?
3. What natural event destroys the city of Lisbon?
4. Why are Candide and Pangloss arrested in Portugal?
5. What does Cunegonde witness in the park in Chapter 1?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)