|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the beggar say is the reason for his affliction?
(a) A disease brought by the Bulgarians.
(b) Something that he ate.
(c) Intimate relations with Cunégonde.
(d) Intimate relations with the maid.
2. What is the solution which is developed to prevent further earthquakes?
(a) The placement of secure structures where the earthquake struck.
(b) The sacrifice of twenty virgins.
(c) A ceremony in which people are burned to death.
(d) Building away from fault lines.
3. Who does Candide kiss behind a screen?
(a) The Baron's mother.
(b) The chambermaid.
(d) The Baroness.
4. How many people are being punished in the auto-da-fé?
5. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
(a) Both ears.
(b) An eye and an ear.
(c) His chin.
(d) His nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
2. How much money does Jacques give Candide?
3. Whose health do the soldiers make Candide drink to?
4. How many times does Candide make it through the gauntlet?
5. Who offers Candide food, two coins, a place to stay, and a job in Chapter 3?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)