|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does Cunégonde shed tears?
(a) The deaths of Pangloss and Jacques.
(b) Her fate.
(c) The murder of her family.
(d) Candide and his misfortunes.
2. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
(a) Two florins.
(b) Fifty florins.
(c) Five florins.
(d) Twenty florins.
3. What happens the morning after Candide's rescue?
(a) He runs away again, headed for Spain.
(b) The old woman sells him as a galley slave.
(c) Lisbon soldiers come looking for him.
(d) The old woman returns and brings him breakfast and another ointment.
4. What is the country to which Candide walks after leaving Bulgaria?
5. In Chapter 4, where does the Anabaptist take Candide and Pangloss?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Candide beaten by the Bulgarians?
2. How is Pangloss punished by the auto-da-fé?
3. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
4. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
5. What happens in Lisbon after the shipwreck?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)