|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Candide in the auto-da-fé?
(a) He is burned.
(b) He is flogged.
(c) He is drawn and quartered.
(d) He is hung.
2. How is Candide punished as a prisoner in Lisbon?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is hung by his arms.
(c) He is hung by his feet.
(d) He is put on a rack.
3. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
(a) Six months.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. After leaving the castle, where does Candide fall asleep?
(a) In a shop doorway.
(b) Under a haystack.
(c) In a snow-covered field.
(d) In a church.
5. How tall is Candide?
(b) Six feet tall.
(d) Five feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Candide told after he drinks to the health of the king of Bulgaria?
2. What does Jacques say mankind has become like?
3. Over what does Cunégonde shed tears?
4. Who is rumored to be the son of the Baron's sister and a gentleman from the village?
5. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)