|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
(a) A job as a dishwasher at an inn.
(b) A serious lecture about false teaching.
(c) Ointment, food and drink, clothes, and a bed.
(d) Another flogging.
2. Who is rumored to be the son of the Baron's sister and a gentleman from the village?
(c) the Baron's heir,
3. In Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff, who offers Candide food and drink?
(a) Two men.
(b) Dr. Pangloss.
(c) A charwoman.
(d) A priest.
4. How are Candide and Cunégonde reunited?
(a) Cunégonde has become a beggar and Candide gives her coins.
(b) Cunégonde is a prostitute who Candide visits.
(c) The old woman brings Cunégonde to Candide.
(d) Candide is visited by a nurse who ends up being Cunégonde.
5. What does Jacques do when Candide asks him for charity?
(a) Jacques tells him to go away.
(b) Jacques offers him food, coins, a place to stay, and a job.
(c) Jacques turns Candide over to the Bulgarians.
(d) Jacques tries to kill Candide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the solution which is developed to prevent further earthquakes?
2. Why does Candide ask to be shot in the head?
3. In Holland, who is Candide happy to meet up with again?
4. What does Pangloss call the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh?
5. What does the beggar say is the reason for his affliction?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)