|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Candide in the auto-da-fé?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is drawn and quartered.
(c) He is hung.
(d) He is burned.
2. Why is Candide beaten by the Bulgarians?
(a) So he will learn the Bulgarian dances.
(b) So he can learn to be a soldier.
(c) So he won't divulge their secrets.
(d) So he won't run away again.
3. What happens in Lima, Peru?
(a) There is a revolution.
(b) There has been an earthquake there.
(c) There is a fire.
(d) Cunégonde has been found there.
4. How many times does Candide make it through the gauntlet?
5. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The Bulgarians' house.
(c) Jacques's stable.
(d) The bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pangloss call the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh?
2. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
3. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
4. What does Cunégonde say happened to her when the Bulgarians attacked?
5. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)