|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
(a) A slap in the face.
(b) A job.
(c) The two coins Jacques gave him.
(d) A piece of bread.
2. Who is rumored to be the son of the Baron's sister and a gentleman from the village?
(a) the Baron's heir,
3. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She doesn't tell him.
(c) She is his mother.
(d) She is Paquette.
4. Which of the following characters survives their punishment in Lisbon?
(a) The two Portuguese.
(c) The Biscayan man.
5. Why does Candide ask to be shot in the head?
(a) There are 2,000 men in the regiment to give 36 lashes each.
(b) He says it as a joke not believing they will do it.
(c) He saw someone hanged and does not want that.
(d) There is no hope for him to escape the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
2. What happens when Candide discovers that Cunegonde is the young girl under the veil?
3. For what position does Jacques hire the beggar?
4. Which of the following characters does not live with the Baron?
5. In the war when thousands of men are killed, what does it cause Candide to do?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)