|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following weapons is not used by the Bulgarians during their battles?
2. How tall is Candide?
(b) Six feet tall.
(c) Five feet tall.
3. Who saves Candide from being killed by the Bulgarians?
(a) The King of the Bulgarians.
(b) The Baron of Thunder-ten-tronckh.
(d) The two men he met in the Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff.
4. What faith is Jacques?
5. What natural event destroys the city of Lisbon?
(a) A volcano.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A tidal wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Jacques give Candide?
2. In the war when thousands of men are killed, what does it cause Candide to do?
3. What happens to Candide immediately after he leaves the castle?
4. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
5. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)