|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic do Jacques and Candide share?
2. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
(b) A Bulgarian.
(c) A prince.
(d) The Baron.
3. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
(a) He dies of the plague.
(b) His throat is cut.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He is sold as a slave.
4. Who is Candide's mother?
(a) The Baron's wife.
(b) The Baron's aunt.
(c) The Baron's sister.
(d) The Baron's mother.
5. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
(a) In the armies.
(b) Among the Dutch.
(c) Among the French.
(d) Among the clergy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
2. What faith is Jacques?
3. What does the Baroness do to Cunégonde after Candide is expelled from the castle?
4. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
5. Why does Candide not act on his crush on Cunégonde?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)