|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pangloss ultimately blame for his current condition?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(c) The Baron.
2. In Holland, who is Candide happy to meet up with again?
(b) The Baron's son.
3. How do the survivors in Lisbon wet their bread?
(a) With wine.
(b) With their tears.
(c) With their blood.
(d) With milk.
4. What does Candide see in the villages that the Bulgarians and their enemies have raided?
(a) He sees surgeons rescuing the attacked from dying.
(b) He sees that women have been spared by the Bulgarians.
(c) He sees dead and dying bodies in the villages raided by both sides.
(d) He sees dead bodies in villages only raided by the Bulgarians.
5. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
(b) The Baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Candide gives away his coins in Chapter 4?
2. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
3. What does Pangloss call the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh?
4. What happens when Candide hears that Cunegonde is dead?
5. What does the Baroness do to Cunégonde after Candide is expelled from the castle?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)