|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose health do the soldiers make Candide drink to?
(a) The King of the Bulgars.
(b) The King of the Avars.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Pope.
2. In the war when thousands of men are killed, what does it cause Candide to do?
(a) Switch sides.
(b) Become brave.
(c) Learn to fight.
3. Where is the castle where Candide is raised?
(d) South America.
4. What is the first village to which Candide goes immediately after he escapes from the Bulgarians?
5. Which of the following is something Candide does not experience in Chapter 5?
(a) A storm.
(b) Being stoned.
(c) Witnessing death.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacques say mankind has become like?
2. How tall is Candide?
3. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
4. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
5. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)