|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where does the Anabaptist take Candide and Pangloss?
2. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
(a) Life is a blessing.
(b) Everything happens for a reason.
(c) Good things come to those who wait.
(d) Happiness is what you make of it.
3. Who offers Candide food, two coins, a place to stay, and a job in Chapter 3?
(a) A Lutheran named Martin.
(b) A priest named Ignatius.
(c) An Anabaptist, named James.
(d) A Rabbi named Isaac.
4. Which of the following weapons is not used by the Bulgarians during their battles?
5. Who does Pangloss ultimately blame for his current condition?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(b) The Baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Candide go to after the war?
2. How are Candide and Pangloss paid for helping restore the city in Chapter 5?
3. Who discovers Cunegonde and Candide behind the screen attempting Dr. Pangloss' experiment?
4. In Chapter 2, after running away, Candide is caught and given what choice?
5. In Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff, who offers Candide food and drink?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)