|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
(a) By horse.
(b) By raft.
(c) By foot.
(d) By boat.
2. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
(a) Their wives and children.
(c) The King of Bulgaria.
3. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
(a) Two florins.
(b) Fifty florins.
(c) Five florins.
(d) Twenty florins.
4. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A storm.
(c) A snowfall.
(d) A heat wave.
5. After leaving the castle, where does Candide fall asleep?
(a) In a church.
(b) Under a haystack.
(c) In a shop doorway.
(d) In a snow-covered field.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Candide make it through the gauntlet?
2. Who is rumored to be the son of the Baron's sister and a gentleman from the village?
3. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
4. Where is the castle where Candide is raised?
5. How many times is Candide beaten on his first day of military service?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)