|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what position does Jacques hire the beggar?
(c) Stable boy.
2. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
(a) A storm.
(b) A heat wave.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A snowfall.
3. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
(a) A prince.
(c) A Bulgarian.
(d) The Baron.
4. What trade does Jacques teach Candide?
(b) Fabric making.
(c) Candle making.
5. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
(a) Their wives and children.
(d) The King of Bulgaria.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Candide and Pangloss rewarded for helping rebuild Lisbon?
2. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
3. Who does Cunégonde see Pangloss with in the bushes?
4. In Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff, who offers Candide food and drink?
5. On whose death does the beggar report?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)