|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Candide's reaction to the execution he sees in England?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is sad.
2. What does Cunegonde witness in the park in Chapter 1?
(a) Candide talking to a horse.
(b) Dr. Pangloss and Paquette doing an experiment.
(c) Dr. Pangloss doing his exercises.
(d) the Baron cavorting with Paquette.
3. Upon seeing the strange sight running across a field in Chapter 16, what does Candide do?
(a) Falls down laughing hysterically.
(b) Shoots the girls.
(c) Shoots the monkeys.
(d) Challenges the sword fighters.
4. How much did Cacambo give to the Governor of Buenos Aires to buy Cunégonde?
(a) One thousand worth of diamonds.
(b) Five francs.
(c) Two million worth of diamonds.
(d) Three diamonds.
5. What is Candide forced to do after the murder of Issachar is discovered?
(a) Kill the Grand Inquisitor.
(b) Kill the stable boy.
(c) Kill the cook.
(d) Kill the old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
2. How many people are being punished in the auto-da-fé?
3. What distresses Candide after he sees Cacambo in Chapter 26?
4. What happened to Pangloss' and the Baron's feet?
5. How many horses does the old woman tell Candide and Cunégonde are in the stable?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)