|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Candide puts out word that he will give what for an honest traveling companion?
(a) A woman for the companion to marry.
(b) A horse to carry his possessions.
(c) A ship passage to Constantinople.
(d) Two thousand piastres and a room and board.
2. What does Cunegonde witness in the park in Chapter 1?
(a) the Baron cavorting with Paquette.
(b) Dr. Pangloss and Paquette doing an experiment.
(c) Candide talking to a horse.
(d) Dr. Pangloss doing his exercises.
3. What offer does Don Fernando make to Cunegonde?
(a) to have him eliminate Candide.
(b) To become his mistress.
(c) To move into his palace.
(d) To marry him if she so desires.
4. Who does Candide bribe to escape prison in Paris?
(a) The police.
(b) The abbé.
(c) The inquisitor.
(d) The governor.
5. What happens when Candide discovers that Cunegonde is the young girl under the veil?
(a) The old woman faints.
(b) Candide faints.
(c) Cunegonde faints.
(d) They both faint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
2. What happens in Lima, Peru?
3. In Bordeaux, what does Candide do with the red sheep?
4. How long do Candide and Martin have to stay on the Dutch ship before it sails?
5. What does Cunégonde say happened to her when the Bulgarians attacked?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)