|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of people captures Candide and Cacambo, binds them, and threatens to eat them?
(a) The Inquisitors.
(b) The Jesuits.
(c) The Oreillons.
(d) The Bulgarians.
2. Who is rumored to be the son of the Baron's sister and a gentleman from the village?
(a) the Baron's heir,
3. When the old woman and her mother had been on board a ship belonging to the Pope, what event occurred?
(a) the ship was attacked by a Moorish fleet.
(b) The ship sank in a storm.
(c) The ship ran aground on a desert island.
(d) Pirates attacked them.
4. How many sheep are left one hundred days after Candide and Cacambo leave Eldorado?
(d) One hundred.
5. What happens to the Bicayan and the two Portuguese in the auto-da-fe that follows in Chapter 6?
(a) They are beheaded.
(b) They are burned.
(c) They are flogged.
(d) They are hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faith is Jacques?
2. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
3. What is the country with gold streets called?
4. Who is Candide's new traveling partner on the way to Bordeaux?
5. Why is the Biscayan arrested in Chapter 6?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)