Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the old woman's parents?
(a) The Baron of Palestrina and the Princess of Westphalia.
(b) Pope Urban X and the Princess of Palestrina.
(c) The Baron and Baroness of Palestrina.
(d) The Baron of Urbania and the Princess of Palestrina.
2. What does Pangloss call the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh?
(a) The castle of many mysteries.
(b) The only castle in Bulgaria.
(c) The richest castle in the world.
(d) The best of all possible castles.
3. What happens when Candide discovers that Cunegonde is the young girl under the veil?
(a) Candide faints.
(b) Cunegonde faints.
(c) They both faint.
(d) The old woman faints.
4. How does the man who found the old woman and spoke her language treat her?
(a) He brings her to her palace in Italy.
(b) He stabs her and then she escapes.
(c) He says he will take her to Italy but sells her instead.
(d) He says he will help her and then kills her.
5. What happens when Candide learns that the Baron, his wife, and his son were murdered?
(a) He faints.
(b) He cries.
(c) He argues.
(d) He curses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Candide beaten on his first day of military service?
2. What is the topic of the sermon that Candide hears the man give?
3. What did the young man from the old woman's recollection in Chapter 12 promise the captive princess?
4. Who is Don Fernando d'Ibaraa y Figueora y Mascarenes y Lampourdos y Souza?
5. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)