Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman flee?
2. What does Pangloss call the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh?
(a) The only castle in Bulgaria.
(b) The best of all possible castles.
(c) The castle of many mysteries.
(d) The richest castle in the world.
3. What happens to the Bicayan and the two Portuguese in the auto-da-fe that follows in Chapter 6?
(a) They are hanged.
(b) They are burned.
(c) They are flogged.
(d) They are beheaded.
4. What is being put together when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde arrive in Cadiz?
(a) A castle.
(b) A house.
(c) A moat.
(d) An army.
5. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
(a) A soldier with one leg.
(b) A hungry child.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A fruit vender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose health do the soldiers make Candide drink to?
2. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
3. What does Candide do after being put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
4. Why did the old woman never marry her true love, the Prince of Massa-Carrara?
5. Where does Candide walk the street and ask for charity after visiting the villages that have been pummeled?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)