Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the beggar say is the reason for his affliction?
(a) Intimate relations with Cunégonde.
(b) A disease brought by the Bulgarians.
(c) Something that he ate.
(d) Intimate relations with the maid.
2. Where is the castle of Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh located?
3. After seeing the Bulgarian destruction in Avare, what does Candide see next?
(a) The moon rise over the Abarian mountains.
(b) Pangloss teaching Bulgarina soldiers.
(c) The Abarian destruction of a Bulgarian village.
(d) Cunegonde walking down the road.
4. On whose death does the beggar report?
(a) The Bulgarian army.
(b) Cunégonde, the Baron, Baroness, and Baron's son.
(d) The Baroness and her sister.
5. In Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff, who offers Candide food and drink?
(a) Two men.
(b) A charwoman.
(c) Dr. Pangloss.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cunégonde see Pangloss with in the bushes?
2. Who does Candide kiss behind a screen?
3. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
4. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
5. What does Candide's tutor teach the children?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)