|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of the gunfire that Candide and Martin hear while they are on the ship?
(a) Two sailors fighting.
(b) A rifle accident by the captain.
(c) A gunpowder explosion in the berth.
(d) Two ships fighting.
2. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
(a) The soldiers give up looking for him.
(b) The old woman returns and asks that he follow her.
(c) The old woman does not return with his supper.
(d) The old man hits him in the head and ties him up.
3. What happens in Lisbon after the shipwreck?
(a) There is a fire.
(b) There is a tidal wave.
(c) There is an eclipse.
(d) There is an earthquake.
4. Why must Cacambo go to Buenos Aires?
(a) To kill the governor.
(b) To sink the Spanish ship.
(c) To find the old woman.
(d) To offer to buy Cunegonde.
5. After drifting downstream in Chapter 17, how does Candide's and Cacambo's ride end?
(a) The canoe falls apart and they swim to shore.
(b) Their canoe runs aground and is ruined on the reefs.
(c) The are captured by jungle natives.
(d) They come to a small village.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Holland, who is Candide happy to meet up with again?
2. How are Candide and Cunégonde reunited?
3. What does Candide do after the Baron hits him with his sword?
4. How do the survivors in Lisbon wet their bread?
5. What does the old woman suggest should be done to make money?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)