|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
(a) A fruit vender.
(b) A soldier with one leg.
(c) A hungry child.
(d) A beggar.
2. What happens when Mr. Issachar attacks Candide?
(a) Candide is seriously injured.
(b) Candide tells the Grand Inquisitor.
(c) Candide kills Mr. Issachar.
(d) Cunnegonde kills Mr. Issachar.
3. What is being put together when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde arrive in Cadiz?
(a) A moat.
(b) A castle.
(c) A house.
(d) An army.
4. How does Candide finally get out of the country in Chapter 19?
(a) On a French ship leaving for Bordeaux.
(b) On a Russian ship bound for Africa.
(c) On a German ship bound for England.
(d) On an Italian ship bound for Milan.
5. Why is Candide beaten by the Bulgarians?
(a) So he won't divulge their secrets.
(b) So he will learn the Bulgarian dances.
(c) So he can learn to be a soldier.
(d) So he won't run away again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candide justify the murders he committed?
2. What condition does Cunégonde place on sharing the story of the Bulgarian attack with Candide?
3. What is the philosophy that Martin claims to follow?
4. Where does Candide travel with Cunégonde, the old woman, and two servants?
5. What is Candide wearing when he and Cacambo escape after Candide kills Cunégonde's brother?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)