|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Candide and Cacambo go after leaving the governor's place?
(b) Buenos Aires.
2. Why is Candide beaten by the Bulgarians?
(a) So he will learn the Bulgarian dances.
(b) So he won't divulge their secrets.
(c) So he won't run away again.
(d) So he can learn to be a soldier.
3. How does Martin propose to prove a happy looking couple in Chapter 24 is not happy at all?
(a) by following them home.
(b) By inviting them to dinner.
(c) By paying them to tell their stories.
(d) By introducing them to some courtiers.
4. What happens when Candide discovers that Cunegonde is the young girl under the veil?
(a) The old woman faints.
(b) Cunegonde faints.
(c) Candide faints.
(d) They both faint.
5. What did the young man from the old woman's recollection in Chapter 12 promise the captive princess?
(a) He would find an Italian nobleman to rescue her
(b) He would see her safely back to Italy.
(c) He would keep her hidden in his house in Morocco.
(d) He would help her get away to Cairo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Candide goes to the court to report the captain who stole his sheep and riches?
2. As Captain, who is assigned to be Candide's assistant?
3. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
4. Where does Candide travel with Cunégonde, the old woman, and two servants?
5. Why does Candide initially think Senator Pococurante is a happy man before Martin persuades him otherwise?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)