|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
(a) A colonel and the governor.
(b) A governor and priest.
(c) A Papal envoy to the Jesuits.
(d) A colonel and priest.
2. What do Candide and Cunegonde's brother do for a long time in Chapter 14?
(a) argue about Candide's treatment in Westphalia.
(b) Make a marriage pact for Candide and Cunegonde.
(c) Plan how to defeat the Spanish.
(d) have a conversation.
3. What is Candide wearing when he and Cacambo escape after Candide kills Cunégonde's brother?
(a) His normal clothes.
(b) The Commandant's robe.
(d) A necklace from Cunégonde.
4. Who is Candide's new traveling partner on the way to Bordeaux?
(a) A barber named Francisco.
(b) An old scholar named Martin.
(c) A black soldier missing a hand and a leg.
(d) A man blind in one eye named Karl.
5. What did Giroflée's parents force him to do?
(a) Marry and have kids.
(b) Enter the monastery.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Flee the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Candide and his new traveling companion, Martin, leave on a ship bound for where in Chapter 20?
2. What does Martin compare the life of a gondolier to?
3. Who does Cunégonde tell Candide has not survived the attack on the castle?
4. How does the man who found the old woman and spoke her language treat her?
5. To where do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman flee?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)