|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character believes "God has forsaken Earth and it is instead controlled by something more evil"?
(a) The captain.
(c) The pirates.
2. Who is the last person for whom the old woman worked?
(a) A man in Moscow.
(b) The Grand Inquisitor.
(c) The Prince of Palestrina.
(d) Mr. Issachar.
3. How many soldiers surround Cacambo and Candide at the border post?
4. Whose health do the soldiers make Candide drink to?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The King of the Avars.
(c) The King of the Bulgars.
(d) The Pope.
5. How does Jacques act on the ship?
(a) He sulks.
(b) He tries to get the sailors lost.
(c) He helps the crew.
(d) He reads the whole time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice does Candide seek after killing Don Issachar?
2. After 100 days, how many sheep do Candide and Cacambo still have?
3. Why does Candide decide to go to Venice?
4. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
5. What role does the actress Candide likes play?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)