|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people of Cadiz doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Building new houses.
(b) Having a fiesta.
(c) Having a religious service.
(d) Putting together an army.
2. What choice is Candide given for his punishment by the Bulgarians?
(a) Thirty-six bullets or twelve lashes.
(b) Thirty-six lashes or hanging.
(c) Twelve bullets or thirty-six lashes.
(d) Ten bullets or hanging.
3. What does Candide give the French lady for taking him to bed?
(a) Several diamonds and rubies.
(b) All of his jewels.
(c) the diamond ring that is on his finger.
(d) A small bag of gold dust.
4. How many horses does the old woman tell Candide and Cunégonde are in the stable?
5. Why does Candide initially think Senator Pococurante is a happy man before Martin persuades him otherwise?
(a) The Senator appears to gain pleasure in critiquing and criticizing art.
(b) The Senator is pleasant throughout their visit.
(c) The Senator is jovial and pours large glasses of wine.
(d) The Senator has art, music, and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Candide and his new traveling partner to Bordeaux rescue from the ocean in Chapter 20?
2. In Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff, who offers Candide food and drink?
3. What does Jacques say mankind has become like?
4. Which of the following is something Candide does not experience in Chapter 5?
5. What did the Janizaries do to the old woman when she was young and had been captured by them?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)