|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
(d) The Baron.
2. Who does the Commandant of the Jesuit military turn out to be?
(a) Dr. Pangloss.
(b) Cunegonde's brother.
(c) The Bulgarian captain.
(d) Jacques, the Anabaptist.
3. Back from the party at the French lady's house, why does Candide feel guilty?
(a) For cheating on his Cunegonde.
(b) For losing so much money.
(c) For giving the lady only one diamond.
(d) For not taking Martin to the party.
4. What happens to Candide at a card game in Paris?
(a) He is given spiked punch.
(b) He has his pockets picked.
(c) He loses 50,000 francs.
(d) He wins a fortune.
5. Who is the second person Candide kills?
(b) The old lady.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor.
(d) A beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Candide from being killed by the Bulgarians?
2. After 100 days, how many sheep do Candide and Cacambo still have?
3. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
4. What had happened to a young man in Italy whom the old woman had met?
5. What does Candide bring with him when he goes to see Cunégonde in the hotel after receiving a letter signed by her?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)