|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Candide learns that the Baron, his wife, and his son were murdered?
(a) He curses.
(b) He faints.
(c) He argues.
(d) He cries.
2. To whom did the old woman tell her story of captivity by the pirates?
(a) An old man who looked like her grandfather.
(b) A young man who once sang at her castle.
(c) A woman who said she could help her.
(d) A pirate who tried to protect her.
3. Whose murder did Cunégonde's brother witness?
(a) His uncle's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His sister's.
(d) His parents'.
4. How does Candide kill Mr. Issachar?
(a) With his hands.
(b) With a sword.
(c) With a gun.
(d) With a knife.
5. How does Jacques act on the ship?
(a) He reads the whole time.
(b) He tries to get the sailors lost.
(c) He sulks.
(d) He helps the crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Commandant of the Jesuit military turn out to be?
2. How does Candide get in trouble with the Bulgarians?
3. What happens to Candide immediately after he leaves the castle?
4. Where is the inn where Candide stops located?
5. How does Candide escape?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)