|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Candide finally get out of the country in Chapter 19?
(a) On a German ship bound for England.
(b) On a Russian ship bound for Africa.
(c) On an Italian ship bound for Milan.
(d) On a French ship leaving for Bordeaux.
2. What does Candide bring with him when he goes to see Cunégonde in the hotel after receiving a letter signed by her?
(a) Martin and all of his gold and diamonds.
(b) Martin and Medicine.
(c) Medicine and gold.
(d) All of his diamonds and Cacambo.
3. How many horses does the old woman tell Candide and Cunégonde are in the stable?
4. What happens to Candide at a card game in Paris?
(a) He loses 50,000 francs.
(b) He has his pockets picked.
(c) He wins a fortune.
(d) He is given spiked punch.
5. Who is the second person Candide kills?
(a) The old lady.
(c) A beggar.
(d) The Grand Inquisitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men help train Candide to be a stronger soldier?
2. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
3. What happens when Mr. Issachar attacks Candide?
4. When did the man who found the old woman and spoke her language first meet her?
5. Where is the inn where Candide stops located?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)