|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the inn where Candide stops located?
2. Candide and his new traveling companion, Martin, leave on a ship bound for where in Chapter 20?
3. Falling ill in Paris, why does Candide get a lot of medical attention?
(a) Because he is handsome.
(b) Because he is rich.
(c) Because he has a rare disease.
(d) Because he is from Westphalia.
4. What happens when Candide and Cacambo try to pay for their lunch with the jewels they have found?
(a) They are laughed at because jewels are not seen as currency.
(b) The server graciously accepts their generous gift.
(c) The other patrons beg for their help to escape Eldorado.
(d) The townspeople begin to surround them and demand they hand over the jewels.
5. What do Candide and Martin do immediately upon arriving in Venice in Chapter 24?
(a) Try the Italian food.
(b) Send word for Cacambo.
(c) Ask directions to the bank.
(d) Locate a good hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Candide at a card game in Paris?
2. As Captain, who is assigned to be Candide's assistant?
3. What did the Janizaries do to the old woman when she was young and had been captured by them?
4. What do Candide and Martin do when they first get to Venice?
5. Who is the captain of the sunken ship?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)