|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the old woman not provide to Candide while he is staying in her shack?
(c) A bed.
(d) A concubine.
2. What was going on in Africa at the time of the enslavement of the princess in Chapter 12?
(a) Preparation to invade Spain.
(b) The discovery of gold.
(c) A plague.
(d) A civil war.
3. What color are the soldiers that Candide meets wearing?
4. How do Candide and Martin find Senator Pococurante's character?
(a) Neither kind nor cruel.
(b) Very fat and ill.
(c) Very kind and generous.
(d) Overbearing and anxious.
5. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
(a) The bar.
(b) The Bulgarians' house.
(c) His apartment.
(d) Jacques's stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Candide beaten by the Bulgarians?
2. Who is the second person Candide kills?
3. What happens when Candide first arrives in Paris?
4. Surinam is a possession of which country?
5. Back from the party at the French lady's house, why does Candide feel guilty?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)