|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Candide and Cacambo find that takes them to the village in the mountains?
(a) A rock.
(b) A bird.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A canoe.
2. What does Pococurante serve Candide and Martin to drink?
(b) Tepid water.
3. Where do Candide and Martin first see the girl and the monk?
(a) On their ship.
(b) St. Mark's Square.
(c) At their inn.
(d) In church.
4. Why does Candide believe he has an advantage over Martin?
(a) He has more education than Martin.
(b) He still has reason to be optimistic towards his future because of Cunégonde.
(c) He is more realistic about the future.
(d) He doesn't think he has an advantage over Martin.
5. With what are the children playing in the schoolyard of the village in the mountains?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Candide and Martin find Senator Pococurante's character?
2. In Bordeaux, what does Candide do with the red sheep?
3. What does Candide's new traveling partner to Bordeaux profess to be?
4. Why does Candide initially think Senator Pococurante is a happy man before Martin persuades him otherwise?
5. What do Candide and Martin do when they first get to Venice?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)