|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
2. Where are Candide, Cunegonde, and the old woman when the bodies of Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are found?
(a) Far out to sea.
(b) Saddling the horses.
(c) About two miles from the house.
(d) The town of Avecena.
3. What is the philosophy that Martin claims to follow?
4. Why is the man who discovers the Princess upset?
(a) Because he is lost.
(b) Because he is castrated.
(c) Because his parents have just been killed.
(d) Because he has lost all of his money.
5. In Bordeaux, what does Candide do with the red sheep?
(a) He gives the sheep to the Academy of Sciences to study.
(b) He barbecues them.
(c) He gives them to the church.
(d) He sells their unusual red wool and then eats them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to the house to find Mr. Issachar dead?
2. What angers the Baron when talking to Candide?
3. What does the beggar say is the reason for his affliction?
4. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
5. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)