|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Candide discovers that Cunegonde is the young girl under the veil?
(a) Candide faints.
(b) Cunegonde faints.
(c) The old woman faints.
(d) They both faint.
2. What do Candide and Cacambo survive on for a month?
(a) Horse meat.
(b) Wild fruits.
(d) Dog meat.
3. For whose side does Cacambo encourage Candide to fight?
(a) The Portuguese.
(b) The Spaniards.
(c) The Jesuits.
(d) The Bulgarians.
4. What happened the man who found the old woman and spoke her language when he was a child?
(a) He was taught to fight.
(b) He was taught English.
(c) He was beaten.
(d) He was castrated.
5. What happens to the Princess in Algiers?
(a) She catches the plague.
(b) She gets arrested.
(c) She becomes a nun.
(d) She gets married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 19 as a result of the ship captain's greed?
2. When does the old woman share her name with Candide?
3. What had happened to a young man in Italy whom the old woman had met?
4. Who returns to the house to find Mr. Issachar dead?
5. Who does the Commandant of the Jesuit military turn out to be?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)