|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Manichaeans believe?
(a) God has forsaken Earth, which is controlled by something evil.
(b) God is allowing evil to enjoy the trials of men.
(c) God is ready to destroy the Earth again, this time by fire.
(d) God has grown blind to the evil of mankind.
2. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
(a) One sixteenth.
(b) One quarter.
(c) Three quarters.
(d) One half.
3. How does Candide find the sea as compared to his journey to Lisbon?
(c) More peaceful.
4. Why is Paquette thrown in jail?
(a) She is falsely accused of killing the doctor for whom she was a mistress.
(b) She is falsely accused of killing the wife of the doctor for whom she was a mistress.
(c) She kills the wife of the doctor for whom she was a mistress.
(d) She kills the doctor for whom she was a mistress.
5. Why is Candide put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
(a) Because they are holding Cunegonde hostage.
(b) Because he is taller than the soldiers.
(c) Because of his Bulgarian military training.
(d) Because the leader always gets killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cunegonde's brother say he escaped?
2. What does Candide give the French lady for taking him to bed?
3. Who does the Commandant of the Jesuit military turn out to be?
4. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
5. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)