|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the sergeant say the Reverend Father Provincial has gone?
(a) To visit his lover.
(b) To his mother's home.
(c) To Buenos Aires.
(d) To the parade ground.
2. What do Candide and Martin do immediately upon arriving in Venice in Chapter 24?
(a) Ask directions to the bank.
(b) Send word for Cacambo.
(c) Locate a good hotel.
(d) Try the Italian food.
3. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
(a) Everything happens for a reason.
(b) Happiness is what you make of it.
(c) Good things come to those who wait.
(d) Life is a blessing.
4. When Pangloss and Candide walk around in Lisbon, what catastrophe strikes?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) An outbreak of the plague.
(c) An invasion.
(d) A hail storm.
5. On which of the following things does Candide not complement Senator Pococurante?
(a) His artwork.
(b) His women.
(c) His music.
(d) His poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Surinam is a possession of which country?
2. What did the young man from the old woman's recollection in Chapter 12 promise the captive princess?
3. Where does Candide travel with Cunégonde, the old woman, and two servants?
4. What is Candide forced to do after the murder of Issachar is discovered?
5. Where does the old woman suggest Candide and Cunegonde go in Chapter 9?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)