|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Senator Pococurante states that he can only stand the music for how long?
(a) A half an hour.
(b) Three hours.
(d) An hour.
2. What happens when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde stop at the inn?
(a) The old woman is kidnapped.
(b) Cunégonde is raped and left for dead.
(c) Someone steals Cunégonde's diamond and pistols.
(d) Candide is robbed and beaten.
3. After leaving the castle, where does Candide fall asleep?
(a) In a shop doorway.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a snow-covered field.
(d) Under a haystack.
4. What color are the soldiers that Candide meets wearing?
5. What happens when Mr. Issachar attacks Candide?
(a) Candide tells the Grand Inquisitor.
(b) Candide is seriously injured.
(c) Cunnegonde kills Mr. Issachar.
(d) Candide kills Mr. Issachar.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the abbé, how many good plays have been written in France?
2. What does Martin claim to be?
3. Why is Paquette thrown in jail?
4. What are the children playing with when Candide and Cacambo come to a village in Chapter 17?
5. How much does Candide pay the Dutch captain?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)