|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Baron taken to be buried with his parents?
(a) To the garbage dump.
(b) At the nearest cathedral.
(c) In the castle.
(d) A Jesuit chapel.
2. Why is Candide beaten by the Bulgarians?
(a) So he will learn the Bulgarian dances.
(b) So he can learn to be a soldier.
(c) So he won't run away again.
(d) So he won't divulge their secrets.
3. Where does Cacambo once work as a servant?
(a) At the Grand Inquisitor's palace.
(b) At the Baron's palace.
(c) At the Vatican.
(d) At the College of the Assumption.
4. Why does the Spanish captain refuse to take Candide and Cacambo to Buenos Aires?
(a) Because Cunégonde is the governor's favorite mistress.
(b) Because Candide does not have enough money.
(c) Because he thinks that Candide is a liar.
(d) Because he believes Candide will kill him.
5. Where do Candide and Cacambo go after leaving the governor's place?
(b) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Candide lose at the dinner when he is playing cards?
2. How much does Candide pay the Dutch captain?
3. What do the Janissaries eat when they are under attack?
4. How many generations of nobility does Cunégonde count in her family?
5. Where is the fleet of ships that Candide, Cunégonde and the old woman join headed?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)