|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Candide gives away his coins in Chapter 4?
(a) The beggar gives him a hug.
(b) The fruit vender cheats him.
(c) The soldier curses him.
(d) The hungry child kicks him.
2. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
(a) The old woman returns and asks that he follow her.
(b) The old woman does not return with his supper.
(c) The old man hits him in the head and ties him up.
(d) The soldiers give up looking for him.
3. What happens when Mr. Issachar attacks Candide?
(a) Candide kills Mr. Issachar.
(b) Candide tells the Grand Inquisitor.
(c) Candide is seriously injured.
(d) Cunnegonde kills Mr. Issachar.
4. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
(a) He is too polite to ask personal questions.
(b) The old man cannot hear or speak.
(c) The old woman will not answer his questions.
(d) The soldiers take his protector away.
5. For what position does Jacques hire the beggar?
(b) Stable boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
2. Where has the sailor been four times?
3. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
4. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
5. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)