|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
(a) By horse.
(b) By foot.
(c) By boat.
(d) By raft.
2. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
(a) A Bulgarian.
(b) The Baron.
(c) A prince.
3. What happens to Candide immediately after he leaves the castle?
(a) He is beat up by some Bulgarians.
(b) He finds a beautiful bride.
(c) He is taken in by his long lost aunt.
(d) He wanders around and falls asleep in the snow.
4. Whose health do the soldiers make Candide drink to?
(a) The King of the Avars.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The King of the Bulgars.
(d) The Baron.
5. What is Candide forced to do after the murder of Issachar is discovered?
(a) Kill the Grand Inquisitor.
(b) Kill the stable boy.
(c) Kill the old woman.
(d) Kill the cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the beggar say is the reason for his affliction?
2. What does the Anabaptist do for the crew of the boat?
3. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
4. How many times does Candide make it through the gauntlet?
5. What condition does Cunégonde place on sharing the story of the Bulgarian attack with Candide?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)