|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman reach before anyone realizes Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are dead?
2. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. How does Candide justify the murders he committed?
(a) He believes otherwise the old woman would have been killed.
(b) He believes otherwise Mr. Issachar would have killed the Grand Inquisitor.
(c) He believes otherwise Cunégonde would have been harmed.
(d) He believes otherwise he would have been taken into slavery.
4. Who does the old lady pray to for Candide's health?
(a) Saint James of Compostella.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Saint Anthony of Padua.
(d) Our Lady of Atocha.
5. How many times does Candide make it through the gauntlet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
2. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
3. What is Candide's destination?
4. What happens the morning after Candide's rescue?
5. How does Candide kill Don Issachar?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)