|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
(b) The Baron.
2. Why does Candide kill the Grand Inquisitor?
(a) He wants to impress Cunégonde with his power.
(b) He wants to have Cunégonde for his own slave.
(c) He thinks the Grand Inquisitor has raped Cunégonde.
(d) He believes the Grand Inquisitor will have him burned.
3. How does Candide justify the murders he committed?
(a) He believes otherwise he would have been taken into slavery.
(b) He believes otherwise the old woman would have been killed.
(c) He believes otherwise Mr. Issachar would have killed the Grand Inquisitor.
(d) He believes otherwise Cunégonde would have been harmed.
4. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
(a) His chin.
(b) An eye and an ear.
(c) His nose.
(d) Both ears.
5. How long does it take Candide's wounds to heal?
(a) A year.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Anabaptist do for the crew of the boat?
2. Whose advice does Candide seek after killing Don Issachar?
3. What happens when Mr. Issachar attacks Candide?
4. How does Candide escape?
5. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)