|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the old woman share her name with Candide?
(a) After he wakes up.
(b) After she feeds him for three days.
(d) When she first meets him.
2. What color are the soldiers that Candide meets wearing?
3. When Pangloss and Candide walk around in Lisbon, what catastrophe strikes?
(a) A hail storm.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) An invasion.
(d) An outbreak of the plague.
4. Who does the old lady pray to for Candide's health?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Saint Anthony of Padua.
(c) Our Lady of Atocha.
(d) Saint James of Compostella.
5. What happens in Lisbon after the shipwreck?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) There is an eclipse.
(c) There is a fire.
(d) There is a tidal wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 4, where does the Anabaptist take Candide and Pangloss?
3. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
4. What does the old woman tell Candide and Cunegonde in Chapter 9?
5. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)