|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the survivors in Lisbon wet their bread?
(a) With wine.
(b) With milk.
(c) With their tears.
(d) With their blood.
2. In Chapter 2, after running away, Candide is caught and given what choice?
(a) Returning to the army or being torn apart by a bear.
(b) Death by hanging or 10 lashes every day for a year.
(c) Twelve bullets to the brain or 36 lashes by the regiment.
(d) Carrying baggage for the regiment or wearing a dress.
3. What reaction do Candide and Cunégonde have when they reunite?
(a) They embrace and kiss.
(b) They both faint.
(c) Cunégonde faints and Candide catches her.
(d) They run away from each other.
4. Where is the inn where Candide stops located?
5. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
(a) He is sold as a slave.
(b) His throat is cut.
(c) He dies of the plague.
(d) He drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Cunégonde place on sharing the story of the Bulgarian attack with Candide?
2. What does Cunégonde say happened to her when the Bulgarians attacked?
3. What is Candide forced to do after the murder of Issachar is discovered?
4. To where do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman flee?
5. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)