|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Cunégonde place on sharing the story of the Bulgarian attack with Candide?
(a) She says he must pay her.
(b) She says he must tell her his story first.
(c) She says he must kiss her.
(d) She says he must marry her.
2. What does the Anabaptist do for the crew of the boat?
(a) He feeds them.
(b) He pays them double.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He helps them.
3. Who does the old lady pray to for Candide's health?
(a) Saint James of Compostella.
(b) Our Lady of Atocha.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Saint Anthony of Padua.
4. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
(a) She is Paquette.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She doesn't tell him.
(d) She is his mother.
5. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
(a) A soldier with one leg.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A hungry child.
(d) A fruit vender.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman flee?
2. How do the men help train Candide to be a stronger soldier?
3. How does Candide escape?
4. In Chapter 4, where does the Anabaptist take Candide and Pangloss?
5. Who is the man in black an officer for?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)