|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cunégonde tell Candide has not survived the attack on the castle?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
2. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
(a) The two coins Jacques gave him.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A job.
(d) A slap in the face.
3. When does the old woman share her name with Candide?
(a) When she first meets him.
(b) After she feeds him for three days.
(d) After he wakes up.
4. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
(d) The Baron.
5. What does Jacques say mankind has become like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to the house to find Mr. Issachar dead?
2. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
3. Who is the man in black an officer for?
4. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
5. Candide meets two men in the town of Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff. To whom do they drink?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)