|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
(a) The old woman will not answer his questions.
(b) The old man cannot hear or speak.
(c) The soldiers take his protector away.
(d) He is too polite to ask personal questions.
2. How does Candide escape?
(a) On an Andalusian horse.
(b) On a boat.
(c) Dressed as a chambermaid.
(d) Hidden in a horse-drawn cart.
3. Who is the man in black an officer for?
(a) The Inquisition.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Bulgar Army.
4. Where has the sailor been four times?
5. What happens when Candide learns that the Baron, his wife, and his son were murdered?
(a) He faints.
(b) He cries.
(c) He argues.
(d) He curses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
2. For what position does Jacques hire the beggar?
3. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
4. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
5. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)