|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Candide forced to do after the murder of Issachar is discovered?
(a) Kill the old woman.
(b) Kill the Grand Inquisitor.
(c) Kill the cook.
(d) Kill the stable boy.
2. Who does Cunégonde tell Candide has not survived the attack on the castle?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Her father.
3. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
(b) The Baron.
(c) A prince.
(d) A Bulgarian.
4. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
(a) A job as a dishwasher at an inn.
(b) Another flogging.
(c) A serious lecture about false teaching.
(d) Ointment, food and drink, clothes, and a bed.
5. How does Candide get in trouble with the Bulgarians?
(a) He kisses one of their wives.
(b) He fails to learn how to fight.
(c) He goes for a walk.
(d) He writes a letter to Cunégonde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
2. Over what does Cunégonde shed tears?
3. How many times does Candide make it through the gauntlet?
4. Why does Candide ask to be shot in the head?
5. How many horses does the old woman tell Candide and Cunégonde are in the stable?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)