|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Candide from being killed by the Bulgarians?
(b) The two men he met in the Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff.
(c) The King of the Bulgarians.
(d) The Baron of Thunder-ten-tronckh.
2. Why is Candide beaten by the Bulgarians?
(a) So he won't run away again.
(b) So he can learn to be a soldier.
(c) So he won't divulge their secrets.
(d) So he will learn the Bulgarian dances.
3. How does Candide kill Mr. Issachar?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With his hands.
(c) With a sword.
(d) With a gun.
4. What choice is Candide given for his punishment by the Bulgarians?
(a) Ten bullets or hanging.
(b) Thirty-six bullets or twelve lashes.
(c) Thirty-six lashes or hanging.
(d) Twelve bullets or thirty-six lashes.
5. Which of the following is something Candide does not experience in Chapter 5?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A storm.
(c) Being stoned.
(d) Witnessing death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cunégonde say happened to her when the Bulgarians attacked?
2. What does the Anabaptist do for the crew of the boat?
3. What condition does Cunégonde place on sharing the story of the Bulgarian attack with Candide?
4. What happens to the Anabaptist in Chapter 5?
5. How do the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss travel to their destination in Chapter 5?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)