|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose advice does Candide seek after killing Don Issachar?
(b) A beggar's.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor's.
(d) The old woman's.
2. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
(a) A job as a dishwasher at an inn.
(b) Another flogging.
(c) Ointment, food and drink, clothes, and a bed.
(d) A serious lecture about false teaching.
3. Who returns to the house to find Mr. Issachar dead?
(a) The old woman.
(b) The Baron's son.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor.
(d) The Bulgarian soldier.
4. How are Candide and Pangloss rewarded for helping rebuild Lisbon?
(a) With books.
(b) With meals.
(c) With homes.
(d) With coins.
5. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
(a) A job.
(b) A slap in the face.
(c) The two coins Jacques gave him.
(d) A piece of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jacques act on the ship?
2. Where has the sailor been four times?
3. How does Candide kill Mr. Issachar?
4. How does Candide kill Don Issachar?
5. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)