|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
(a) She doesn't tell him.
(b) She is his mother.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) She is Paquette.
2. When does the old woman share her name with Candide?
(a) After he wakes up.
(b) When she first meets him.
(c) After she feeds him for three days.
3. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
(a) Everything happens for a reason.
(b) Life is a blessing.
(c) Good things come to those who wait.
(d) Happiness is what you make of it.
4. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
(a) Jacques's stable.
(b) His apartment.
(c) The bar.
(d) The Bulgarians' house.
5. How does Candide kill Mr. Issachar?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With his hands.
(c) With a sword.
(d) With a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Candide's destination?
2. Where has the sailor been four times?
3. Who is the man in black an officer for?
4. Over what does Cunégonde shed tears?
5. What color are the soldiers that Candide meets wearing?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)