|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Candide and Cunégonde reunited?
(a) Cunégonde has become a beggar and Candide gives her coins.
(b) The old woman brings Cunégonde to Candide.
(c) Candide is visited by a nurse who ends up being Cunégonde.
(d) Cunégonde is a prostitute who Candide visits.
2. Which of the following does Pangloss say to a survivor of the natural disaster in Lisbon?
(a) Happiness is what you make of it.
(b) Life is a blessing.
(c) Everything happens for a reason.
(d) Good things come to those who wait.
3. What natural event destroys the city of Lisbon?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A volcano.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A tornado.
4. Who saves Candide from being killed by the Bulgarians?
(a) The Baron of Thunder-ten-tronckh.
(c) The King of the Bulgarians.
(d) The two men he met in the Waldberghofftrarbk-dikdorff.
5. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
(a) A snowfall.
(b) A heat wave.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town do Candide, Cunégonde, and the old woman reach before anyone realizes Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor are dead?
2. For what position does Jacques hire the beggar?
3. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
4. Why does Candide kill the Grand Inquisitor?
5. Where does the old woman suggest Candide and Cunegonde go in Chapter 9?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)