|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the survivors in Lisbon wet their bread?
(a) With wine.
(b) With their tears.
(c) With milk.
(d) With their blood.
2. How does Candide justify the murders he committed?
(a) He believes otherwise he would have been taken into slavery.
(b) He believes otherwise the old woman would have been killed.
(c) He believes otherwise Mr. Issachar would have killed the Grand Inquisitor.
(d) He believes otherwise Cunégonde would have been harmed.
3. In Chapter 4, where does the Anabaptist take Candide and Pangloss?
4. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) Dr. Pangloss.
(d) The Baron's son.
5. What choice is Candide given for his punishment by the Bulgarians?
(a) Thirty-six lashes or hanging.
(b) Thirty-six bullets or twelve lashes.
(c) Twelve bullets or thirty-six lashes.
(d) Ten bullets or hanging.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
2. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
3. What is Candide forced to do after the murder of Issachar is discovered?
4. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
5. What does the old woman tell Candide and Cunegonde in Chapter 9?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)