|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather condition happens during the Anabaptists, Candide, and Pangloss' travel in Chapter 5?
(a) A snowfall.
(b) A heat wave.
(c) A storm.
(d) A tornado.
2. What happens the morning after Candide's rescue?
(a) The old woman sells him as a galley slave.
(b) Lisbon soldiers come looking for him.
(c) The old woman returns and brings him breakfast and another ointment.
(d) He runs away again, headed for Spain.
3. How does Jacques die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He contracts syphilis.
4. What happens when Candide learns that the Baron, his wife, and his son were murdered?
(a) He cries.
(b) He argues.
(c) He faints.
(d) He curses.
5. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
(a) An old woman.
(b) The Baron's son.
(c) Dr. Pangloss.
(d) An old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
2. Whose health do the soldiers make Candide drink to?
3. When Pangloss and Candide walk around in Lisbon, what catastrophe strikes?
4. What is Candide's destination?
5. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)