|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Candide decide not to go to Germany in Chapter 17?
(a) To avoid being hanged for killing the Grand Inquisitor.
(b) To avoid being eaten by the Oreillons.
(c) To avoid being burned for killing Cunégonde's brother.
(d) To avoid the war between the Bulgarians and the Abares.
2. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
(a) The two coins Jacques gave him.
(b) A job.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A slap in the face.
3. Who does Cunégonde tell Candide has not survived the attack on the castle?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. What carries the carriages in the village?
(a) Blue horses.
(b) Red dogs.
(c) Red antelope.
(d) Red sheep.
5. What condition does Cunégonde place on sharing the story of the Bulgarian attack with Candide?
(a) She says he must marry her.
(b) She says he must pay her.
(c) She says he must kiss her.
(d) She says he must tell her his story first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Candide and Cacambo find that takes them to the village in the mountains?
2. How many soldiers surround Cacambo and Candide at the border post?
3. What is being put together when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde arrive in Cadiz?
4. For what position does Jacques hire the beggar?
5. To what lot was the old woman born?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)