|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people of Cadiz doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Putting together an army.
(b) Building new houses.
(c) Having a fiesta.
(d) Having a religious service.
2. What are the children playing with when Candide and Cacambo come to a village in Chapter 17?
(a) Long snakes that coil and hiss.
(b) Diamond, ruby, and emerald building blocks.
(c) spinning tops made of gold.
(d) Tound pieces that look like colored jewels.
3. What does Candide do after being put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
(a) He demands a salary they cannot afford in Cadiz.
(b) He arranges for a marriage to Cunegonde.
(c) He leaves with Cunegonde, the old woman, and two servants.
(d) He buys a large house for Cunegonde and him to live in.
4. Where do Candide and Cacambo go after leaving the governor's place?
(d) Buenos Aires.
5. As Captain, who is assigned to be Candide's assistant?
(b) A Moroccan pirate.
(c) T Bulgarian prisoner of war.
(d) Cunegonde's long lost brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pangloss ultimately blame for his current condition?
2. What does Cunegonde talk about on the way to Buenos Aires?
3. Who does the Commandant of the Jesuit military turn out to be?
4. Who does Cunégonde tell Candide has not survived the attack on the castle?
5. What does the old woman suggest should be done to make money?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)