|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people of Cadiz doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Building new houses.
(b) Having a religious service.
(c) Having a fiesta.
(d) Putting together an army.
2. What happens when Candide and Cacambo try to pay for their lunch with the jewels they have found?
(a) The server graciously accepts their generous gift.
(b) The townspeople begin to surround them and demand they hand over the jewels.
(c) The other patrons beg for their help to escape Eldorado.
(d) They are laughed at because jewels are not seen as currency.
3. What does Candide do after being put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
(a) He leaves with Cunegonde, the old woman, and two servants.
(b) He demands a salary they cannot afford in Cadiz.
(c) He buys a large house for Cunegonde and him to live in.
(d) He arranges for a marriage to Cunegonde.
4. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
(a) A prince.
(b) The Baron.
(d) A Bulgarian.
5. Where does Candide take the beggar to feed him?
(a) The Bulgarians' house.
(b) Jacques's stable.
(c) The bar.
(d) His apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Candide and Cacambo survive on for a month?
2. What does the old woman suggest should be done to make money?
3. Why does Candide decide not to go to Germany in Chapter 17?
4. Who is Cacambo?
5. What condition does Cunégonde place on sharing the story of the Bulgarian attack with Candide?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)