|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whose side does Cacambo encourage Candide to fight?
(a) The Spaniards.
(b) The Portuguese.
(c) The Jesuits.
(d) The Bulgarians.
2. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A hungry child.
(c) A fruit vender.
(d) A soldier with one leg.
3. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
(a) They run away.
(b) They die of plague.
(c) They die of fatigue.
(d) They are stolen.
4. What has the old lady set out for Candide?
(b) All answers are correct.
5. On whose death does the beggar report?
(a) The Bulgarian army.
(b) Cunégonde, the Baron, Baroness, and Baron's son.
(d) The Baroness and her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
2. Who is the Commandant?
3. On the ship leaving Cadiz in Chapter 10, where are Candide and company headed?
4. After drifting downstream in Chapter 17, how does Candide's and Cacambo's ride end?
5. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)