|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generations of nobility does Cunégonde count in her family?
2. Where is the fleet of ships that Candide, Cunégonde and the old woman join headed?
3. Where does the sergeant say the Reverend Father Provincial has gone?
(a) To visit his lover.
(b) To Buenos Aires.
(c) To the parade ground.
(d) To his mother's home.
4. At a stream they come to in Chapter 17, what do Candide and Cacambo discover?
(a) An abandoned canoe.
(b) Women washing clothes.
(c) boys swimming in the stream.
(d) A place to take a bath.
5. Which of the following does the old woman not provide to Candide while he is staying in her shack?
(a) A bed.
(b) A concubine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candide find the sea as compared to his journey to Lisbon?
2. Who does the Commandant of the Jesuit military turn out to be?
3. Where do Candide and Cacambo decide to go after they rule out going back to Cunégonde, going to Germany, and staying near the Oreillons?
4. What happens when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde stop at the inn?
5. Why is Candide allowed to speak to the Commandant of the Jesuit military?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)