|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language do the people in the village speak?
2. Where does the sergeant say the Reverend Father Provincial has gone?
(a) To his mother's home.
(b) To visit his lover.
(c) To Buenos Aires.
(d) To the parade ground.
3. What is being put together when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde arrive in Cadiz?
(a) A house.
(b) An army.
(c) A moat.
(d) A castle.
4. How many generations of nobility does Cunégonde count in her family?
5. What does Cunégonde say happened to her when the Bulgarians attacked?
(a) She says that mercifully nothing happened to her.
(b) She says she was raped and cut open.
(c) She says she was forced to watch her mother's rape.
(d) She says she was given food and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
2. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
3. Over what does Cunégonde shed tears?
4. What happens when Candide hears that Cunegonde is dead?
5. How much money does Candide give to the beggar?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)