|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Candide find the sea as compared to his journey to Lisbon?
(b) More peaceful.
2. As Captain, who is assigned to be Candide's assistant?
(a) A Moroccan pirate.
(c) Cunegonde's long lost brother.
(d) T Bulgarian prisoner of war.
3. Why do Candide and Cacambo decide not to stay in that area where they narrowly escaped being cooked and eaten?
(a) The Jesuits are on their way there looking for them.
(b) Another group of Oreillons could choose to cook and eat them.
(c) There are no inns for them to stay in.
(d) Cunegonde might come there and fall in love with a monkey.
4. Where does Candide travel with Cunégonde, the old woman, and two servants?
(b) Buenos Aires.
5. Who do Candide and Cacambo plan to join?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Jesuits.
(c) A native tribe.
(d) A local group of pirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the beggar say is the reason for his affliction?
2. What is Cunégonde wearing when she meets Candide again?
3. In Chapter 7, who rescues and takes care of Candide?
4. Why does the old lady say she is being kind to Candide?
5. Where does the sergeant say the Reverend Father Provincial has gone?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)