|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Candide allowed to speak to the Commandant of the Jesuit military?
(a) He is wearing a captain's uniform.
(b) He is also a Jesuit.
(c) He looks familiar to the Commandant.
(d) He is German and not Spanish.
2. What happens in the evening of the third day after Candide is rescued?
(a) The soldiers give up looking for him.
(b) The old woman does not return with his supper.
(c) The old man hits him in the head and ties him up.
(d) The old woman returns and asks that he follow her.
3. What does the beggar say is the reason for his affliction?
(a) Intimate relations with Cunégonde.
(b) Intimate relations with the maid.
(c) Something that he ate.
(d) A disease brought by the Bulgarians.
4. Where is the fleet of ships that Candide, Cunégonde and the old woman join headed?
5. How many soldiers surround Cacambo and Candide at the border post?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Candide and Cacambo decide to go after they rule out going back to Cunégonde, going to Germany, and staying near the Oreillons?
2. Who does the beggar tell Candide he is?
3. What does Candide tell the Commandant?
4. What happens when Candide and Cacambo try to pay for their lunch with the jewels they have found?
5. What are the children playing with when Candide and Cacambo come to a village in Chapter 17?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)