|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what are the children playing in the schoolyard of the village in the mountains?
2. What are the people of Cadiz doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Building new houses.
(b) Having a religious service.
(c) Having a fiesta.
(d) Putting together an army.
3. To what lot was the old woman born?
(a) She was born a princess.
(b) She was born a maid.
(c) She was born a slave.
(d) She was born a baroness.
4. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A soldier with one leg.
(c) A fruit vender.
(d) A hungry child.
5. What happens after Candide gives away his coins in Chapter 4?
(a) The hungry child kicks him.
(b) The soldier curses him.
(c) The beggar gives him a hug.
(d) The fruit vender cheats him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Candide travel with Cunégonde, the old woman, and two servants?
2. In Holland, who is Candide happy to meet up with again?
3. What language do the people in the village speak?
4. For what position does Jacques hire the beggar?
5. What happens when Candide discovers that Cunegonde is the young girl under the veil?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)