|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Commandant?
(a) Cacambo's uncle.
(b) Candide's father.
(c) The old woman's son.
(d) Cunégonde's brother.
2. At a stream they come to in Chapter 17, what do Candide and Cacambo discover?
(a) Women washing clothes.
(b) An abandoned canoe.
(c) A place to take a bath.
(d) boys swimming in the stream.
3. Who is Cacambo?
(a) The governor's son.
(b) Candide's best friend from childhood.
(c) The man Candide was given to act as his assistant.
(d) The slave of the governor.
4. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
(a) They die of fatigue.
(b) They run away.
(c) They are stolen.
(d) They die of plague.
5. What is being put together when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde arrive in Cadiz?
(a) A moat.
(b) A castle.
(c) A house.
(d) An army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Candide and Cunégonde reunited?
2. In Chapter 4, where does the Anabaptist take Candide and Pangloss?
3. How does Candide find the sea as compared to his journey to Lisbon?
4. How many generations of nobility does Cunégonde count in her family?
5. What game are the children in the village playing?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)