|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
(a) They die of plague.
(b) They run away.
(c) They die of fatigue.
(d) They are stolen.
2. Why is Candide put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
(a) Because he is taller than the soldiers.
(b) Because they are holding Cunegonde hostage.
(c) Because the leader always gets killed.
(d) Because of his Bulgarian military training.
3. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
(a) He is too polite to ask personal questions.
(b) The old woman will not answer his questions.
(c) The soldiers take his protector away.
(d) The old man cannot hear or speak.
4. Where do Candide and Cacambo decide to go after they rule out going back to Cunégonde, going to Germany, and staying near the Oreillons?
(a) Buenos Aires.
5. After drifting downstream in Chapter 17, how does Candide's and Cacambo's ride end?
(a) Their canoe runs aground and is ruined on the reefs.
(b) The canoe falls apart and they swim to shore.
(c) The are captured by jungle natives.
(d) They come to a small village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old woman suggest should be done to make money?
2. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
3. What is Cunégonde wearing when she meets Candide again?
4. Who does the old woman suspect is the thief?
5. What reaction do Candide and Cunégonde have when they reunite?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)