|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Candide gives away his coins in Chapter 4?
(a) The soldier curses him.
(b) The fruit vender cheats him.
(c) The beggar gives him a hug.
(d) The hungry child kicks him.
2. Where does Cacambo want to go as soon as possible?
(a) To Canada.
(b) To America.
(c) To Paraguay.
(d) To Europe.
3. What does the old woman suggest should be done to make money?
(a) Work as hired help at the inn.
(b) Sell off Cunégonde.
(c) Steal from the other guests.
(d) Sell one of the horses.
4. Why does Cacambo believe that Candide will be welcomed by the priests?
(a) Because he can sing many hymns.
(b) Because he knows Bulgar military drills.
(c) Because he is so pious.
(d) Because he is wealthy.
5. In Holland, who is Candide happy to meet up with again?
(d) The Baron's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
2. Why does Candide decide not to go to Germany in Chapter 17?
3. What is being put together when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde arrive in Cadiz?
4. What are the people of Cadiz doing in Chapter 10?
5. For whose side does Cacambo encourage Candide to fight?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)