|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cacambo?
(a) The slave of the governor.
(b) The governor's son.
(c) Candide's best friend from childhood.
(d) The man Candide was given to act as his assistant.
2. What is unusual about the roads Candide and Cacambo find as they climb into the mountains in Chapter 17?
(a) They are very crooked.
(b) They are paved in gold.
(c) They are wide enough for six charriots.
(d) They are very steep.
3. What happens at the inn where Candide, Cunegonde, and the old woman are staying in Chapter 10?
(a) Someone steals Cunegonde's diamonds and money.
(b) Someone kidnaps Cunegonde.
(c) The police come looking for Candide.
(d) Cunegonde is raped again.
4. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
(a) They run away.
(b) They die of fatigue.
(c) They are stolen.
(d) They die of plague.
5. What reaction do Candide and Cunégonde have when they reunite?
(a) They both faint.
(b) They embrace and kiss.
(c) Cunégonde faints and Candide catches her.
(d) They run away from each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candide do after being put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
2. Fleeing the Spanish who are looking for the murderer of the Grand Inquisitor, where do Candide and Cacambo head in Chapter 14?
3. What condition does Cunégonde place on sharing the story of the Bulgarian attack with Candide?
4. Which of the following does the old woman not provide to Candide while he is staying in her shack?
5. What does Candide tell the Commandant?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)