|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Candide and Cacambo find that takes them to the village in the mountains?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rock.
2. What are the children playing with when Candide and Cacambo come to a village in Chapter 17?
(a) Long snakes that coil and hiss.
(b) Tound pieces that look like colored jewels.
(c) spinning tops made of gold.
(d) Diamond, ruby, and emerald building blocks.
3. What has the old lady set out for Candide?
(a) All answers are correct.
4. What news does Candide give the Commandant of the Jesuit military?
(a) That the Bulgarians are coming.
(b) That Cunegonde is now his wife.
(c) His sister is alive and well.
(d) That Westphalia no longer exists.
5. Where does Cacambo want to go as soon as possible?
(a) To Paraguay.
(b) To Europe.
(c) To Canada.
(d) To America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pangloss ultimately blame for his current condition?
2. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
3. After drifting downstream in Chapter 17, how does Candide's and Cacambo's ride end?
4. Where does Pangloss say his disease is making the most "progress"?
5. Fleeing the Spanish who are looking for the murderer of the Grand Inquisitor, where do Candide and Cacambo head in Chapter 14?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)