|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is stolen from Cunégonde?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her money and diamonds.
2. What happens when Candide learns that the Baron, his wife, and his son were murdered?
(a) He argues.
(b) He faints.
(c) He curses.
(d) He cries.
3. Why does Cacambo believe that Candide will be welcomed by the priests?
(a) Because he is so pious.
(b) Because he knows Bulgar military drills.
(c) Because he is wealthy.
(d) Because he can sing many hymns.
4. What is unusual about the roads Candide and Cacambo find as they climb into the mountains in Chapter 17?
(a) They are wide enough for six charriots.
(b) They are very steep.
(c) They are very crooked.
(d) They are paved in gold.
5. With what are the children playing in the schoolyard of the village in the mountains?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Commandant of the Jesuit military turn out to be?
2. Why does Candide not know anything about his protector in Chapter 7?
3. What is still going on in Germany in Chapter 17?
4. What happens when Candide discovers that Cunegonde is the young girl under the veil?
5. How many generations of nobility does Cunégonde count in her family?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)