|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cacambo believe that Candide will be welcomed by the priests?
(a) Because he can sing many hymns.
(b) Because he is so pious.
(c) Because he knows Bulgar military drills.
(d) Because he is wealthy.
2. Who is the Commandant?
(a) Cunégonde's brother.
(b) Cacambo's uncle.
(c) The old woman's son.
(d) Candide's father.
3. What happens to Cacambo and Candide's horses?
(a) They die of fatigue.
(b) They are stolen.
(c) They run away.
(d) They die of plague.
4. What happens when the old woman, Candide, and Cunégonde stop at the inn?
(a) Cunégonde is raped and left for dead.
(b) Someone steals Cunégonde's diamond and pistols.
(c) The old woman is kidnapped.
(d) Candide is robbed and beaten.
5. Why is Candide allowed to speak to the Commandant of the Jesuit military?
(a) He looks familiar to the Commandant.
(b) He is wearing a captain's uniform.
(c) He is also a Jesuit.
(d) He is German and not Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candide give the beggar when he sees him on the street?
2. Cacambo is what percent Spanish?
3. What has the old lady set out for Candide?
4. What happens at the inn where Candide, Cunegonde, and the old woman are staying in Chapter 10?
5. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)