|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Commandant?
(a) Cacambo's uncle.
(b) Candide's father.
(c) Cunégonde's brother.
(d) The old woman's son.
2. To whom does Candide give the two coins someone gave him in Chapter 3?
(a) A soldier with one leg.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A hungry child.
(d) A fruit vender.
3. What does Candide do after being put in charge of the Cadiz soldiers?
(a) He buys a large house for Cunegonde and him to live in.
(b) He demands a salary they cannot afford in Cadiz.
(c) He arranges for a marriage to Cunegonde.
(d) He leaves with Cunegonde, the old woman, and two servants.
4. What does the Commandant forbid?
(a) The Spaniards to speak.
(b) Eating on Mondays.
(c) Writing in Portuguese.
(d) Riding horses.
5. What is Candide given after his rescue in Chapter 7?
(a) A job as a dishwasher at an inn.
(b) A serious lecture about false teaching.
(c) Another flogging.
(d) Ointment, food and drink, clothes, and a bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pangloss lose after his treatment?
2. Who pays for Pangloss' cure?
3. What is still going on in Germany in Chapter 17?
4. After drifting downstream in Chapter 17, how does Candide's and Cacambo's ride end?
5. On whose death does the beggar report?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)