|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers the Baron when talking to Candide?
(a) Candide calls him a bad name.
(b) Candide says he is going to marry Cunégonde.
(c) Candide says he doesn't believe in God.
(d) Candide says he wishes the Baron were dead.
2. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
(a) A governor and priest.
(b) A Papal envoy to the Jesuits.
(c) A colonel and the governor.
(d) A colonel and priest.
3. Who arranged the auto-da-fé, which results in the hanging of Pangloss?
(a) Mr. Issachar.
(b) The Baron.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor.
4. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
(a) At the gardens.
(b) At the plaza real.
(c) At the mercado.
(d) At the auto-da-fé.
5. Where has Cunégonde been stabbed?
(a) On her left side.
(b) In her back.
(c) On her leg.
(d) On her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose murder did Cunégonde's brother witness?
2. What positive point does a spectator say executions have in England?
3. Where is the Baron taken to be buried with his parents?
4. In Chapter 8, what are Candide and Cunégonde doing when Mr. Issachar arrives?
5. What happened to Cunegonde after she was taken prisoner by the captain?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)