|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What positive point does a spectator say executions have in England?
(a) To serve as entertainment purposes.
(b) To keep a positive morale.
(c) To keep leaders motivated.
(d) To keep the guillotine sharp.
2. Who does the Bulgar captain sell Cunégonde to?
(a) The Grand Inquisitor.
(b) A Muslim.
(c) Don Issachar.
(d) An Anabaptist.
3. What position does the Baron attain in the Jesuit military?
4. Where has Cunégonde been stabbed?
(a) In her back.
(b) On her arm.
(c) On her leg.
(d) On her left side.
5. Whose murder did Cunégonde's brother witness?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His uncle's.
(c) His parents'.
(d) His sister's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candide wear during his escape?
2. Why does Candide pay the Dutch captain to sail to Venice as soon as possible?
3. How did Cunegonde react to Don Issachar?
4. Who arranged the auto-da-fé, which results in the hanging of Pangloss?
5. Where does Cunégonde's brother reside in Chapter 15?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)