|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Candide and Martin arrive in a new country after Paris, whose execution dot they observe?
(a) A sailor
(b) A local thief.
(c) An English admiral.
(d) An Irish admiral.
2. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
(a) A colonel and priest.
(b) A colonel and the governor.
(c) A Papal envoy to the Jesuits.
(d) A governor and priest.
3. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
(a) At the auto-da-fé.
(b) At the gardens.
(c) At the plaza real.
(d) At the mercado.
4. What is Candide's reaction to the execution he sees in England?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is happy.
5. What does Candide wear during his escape?
(a) A Jesuit robe.
(b) An Oreillon costume.
(c) A suit of armor.
(d) Women's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Cunegonde tell Candide had happened to her?
2. What does Candide say about Cunégonde's scar?
3. Where does Cunégonde's brother reside in Chapter 15?
4. What effect does the execution in Chapter 23 have on Candide?
5. Where do Candide and Martin end up after Paris?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)