|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the man executed in England?
(a) For killing a fellow soldier.
(b) For stealing bacon.
(c) For eating too much bread.
(d) For failing to kill enough French men.
2. What is Candide's reaction to the execution he sees in England?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He is sad.
3. In what city do Martin and Candide land in England?
4. Where does Cunégonde's brother reside in Chapter 15?
5. When Cunégonde's brother's troops attack the village in which Cunégonde lives, what is his intention?
(a) To kill Cunégonde.
(b) To rob Cunégonde.
(c) To persuade Cunégonde to kill the governor.
(d) To capture Cunégonde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose murder did Cunégonde's brother witness?
2. Who noticed Cunegonde at church?
3. Which two men share a house and Cunégonde, although she will not let either man touch her?
4. What effect does the execution in Chapter 23 have on Candide?
5. How does Cunegonde's brother react to Candide's plan to marry Cunegonde?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)