|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose murder did Cunégonde's brother witness?
(a) His parents'.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His sister's.
(d) His uncle's.
2. How does Cunegonde's brother say he escaped?
(a) Salty holy water sprinkled on his eyes let the priest know he was alive.
(b) He took the Bulgarian uniform off a corps and was not discovered.
(c) He got to the secret tunnel that led out of the castle and got away.
(d) After being buried alive, he clawed his way out and was helped by a priest.
3. To whom does the captain sell Cunégonde?
(a) Mr. Cadiz.
(b) The Grand Inquisitor.
(c) Mr. Issachar.
4. When Cunégonde's brother's troops attack the village in which Cunégonde lives, what is his intention?
(a) To rob Cunégonde.
(b) To capture Cunégonde.
(c) To persuade Cunégonde to kill the governor.
(d) To kill Cunégonde.
5. Where does Cunégonde's brother reside in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is this Grand Inquisitor?
2. When Cunegonde was taken prisoner by the captain, what did she become?
3. What positive point does a spectator say executions have in England?
4. How many priests has Candide killed?
5. When Candide and Martin arrive in a new country after Paris, whose execution dot they observe?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)