|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ship are Candide and Martin passengers on?
(a) A pirate ship.
(b) An Arab ship.
(c) A Spanish ship.
(d) A Dutch ship.
2. Who is fighting a war with France?
3. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
(a) A Papal envoy to the Jesuits.
(b) A governor and priest.
(c) A colonel and priest.
(d) A colonel and the governor.
4. Which two men share a house and Cunégonde, although she will not let either man touch her?
(a) Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor.
(b) Candide and the Grand Inquisitor.
(c) The Baron and the Grand Inquisitor.
(d) Mr. Issachar and Candide.
5. How long do Candide and Martin have to stay on the Dutch ship before it sails?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angers the Baron when talking to Candide?
2. Where has Cunégonde been stabbed?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Cunegonde tell Candide had happened to her?
4. How many priests has Candide killed?
5. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)