|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ship are Candide and Martin passengers on?
(a) An Arab ship.
(b) A Dutch ship.
(c) A Spanish ship.
(d) A pirate ship.
2. What happens to the man on the deck of the naval vessel?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is given money.
(c) He is given a commendation.
(d) He is shot in the head.
3. How long do Candide and Martin have to stay on the Dutch ship before it sails?
(a) A month.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
4. How did Cunegonde react to Don Issachar?
(a) She allowed him to sleep with her.
(b) She did not let him touch her.
(c) She feared him.
(d) She hated him.
5. What positive point does a spectator say executions have in England?
(a) To keep the guillotine sharp.
(b) To keep a positive morale.
(c) To serve as entertainment purposes.
(d) To keep leaders motivated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cunégonde's brother reside in Chapter 15?
2. Where is the war that France is fighting?
3. Which two men share a house and Cunégonde, although she will not let either man touch her?
4. Why is Candide told the individual in Chapter 23 was being executed?
5. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)