|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
(a) At the auto-da-fé.
(b) At the mercado.
(c) At the gardens.
(d) At the plaza real.
2. Who is this Grand Inquisitor?
(a) The man who once gave Candide a meal.
(b) The man who ordered the attack on the Baron's castle.
(c) The man who helped Candide get to Holland.
(d) The man who arranged the auto-da-fe in Lisbon.
3. In what city do Martin and Candide land in England?
4. Which two men share a house and Cunégonde, although she will not let either man touch her?
(a) Mr. Issachar and Candide.
(b) Mr. Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor.
(c) The Baron and the Grand Inquisitor.
(d) Candide and the Grand Inquisitor.
5. How does Cunegonde's brother react to Candide's plan to marry Cunegonde?
(a) He is not pleased with the idea.
(b) He is indifferent because of his priestly position.
(c) He is delighted that she will marry someone from Westphalia.
(d) He is surprised Candide will marry damaged goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the agreement between Don Issachar and the Grand Inquisitor been in effect?
2. What position does the Baron attain in the Jesuit military?
3. How many priests has Candide killed?
4. Whose execution do Candide and Martin witness in England?
5. Where is the Baron taken to be buried with his parents?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)