|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the captain sell Cunégonde?
(a) The Grand Inquisitor.
(b) Mr. Cadiz.
(c) Mr. Issachar.
2. Who does Candide make a bargain with?
(a) A Dutch captain.
(b) A priest.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A Spanish captain.
3. Whose murder did Cunégonde's brother witness?
(a) His parents'.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His uncle's.
(d) His sister's.
4. Where do Candide and Martin end up after Paris?
(a) Madrid, Spain.
(c) Portsmouth, England.
5. Why was the man executed in England?
(a) For stealing bacon.
(b) For killing a fellow soldier.
(c) For failing to kill enough French men.
(d) For eating too much bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cunegonde's brother react to Candide's plan to marry Cunegonde?
2. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
3. What does Candide do after the Baron hits him with his sword?
4. Where does Cunégonde see Candide for the first time after their separation?
5. Whose execution do Candide and Martin witness in England?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)