|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many priests has Candide killed?
2. In what city do Martin and Candide land in England?
3. What does Candide wear during his escape?
(a) A suit of armor.
(b) Women's clothes.
(c) An Oreillon costume.
(d) A Jesuit robe.
4. What kind of ship are Candide and Martin passengers on?
(a) A Dutch ship.
(b) A Spanish ship.
(c) An Arab ship.
(d) A pirate ship.
5. Why is Candide told the individual in Chapter 23 was being executed?
(a) Because he was too old to go back to sea.
(b) Because he was a French spy.
(c) because he accidentally sank a British ship.
(d) because he did not kill enough Frenchmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Candide and Martin end up after Paris?
2. Who heals Cunégonde's brother after he is left for dead at the castle?
3. Why does the captain kill the Bulgarian who is attacking Cunégonde?
4. Who noticed Cunegonde at church?
5. Who is the court's banker?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)