|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is this Grand Inquisitor?
(a) The man who arranged the auto-da-fe in Lisbon.
(b) The man who once gave Candide a meal.
(c) The man who helped Candide get to Holland.
(d) The man who ordered the attack on the Baron's castle.
2. Who does the Bulgar captain sell Cunégonde to?
(a) A Muslim.
(b) An Anabaptist.
(c) The Grand Inquisitor.
(d) Don Issachar.
3. What does Candide say about Cunégonde's scar?
(a) He thinks it is beautiful.
(b) He thinks it is ugly.
(c) He hopes he can see it.
(d) He wishes he could make it disappear.
4. Who is the court's banker?
(a) The old lady's husband.
(b) The Grand Inquisitor's illegitimate son.
(c) Don Issachar.
(d) Cunégonde's uncle.
5. How many priests has Candide killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
2. Who noticed Cunegonde at church?
3. In Chapter 8, what are Candide and Cunégonde doing when Mr. Issachar arrives?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Cunegonde tell Candide had happened to her?
5. What position does the Baron attain in the Jesuit military?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)