|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the war that France is fighting?
(a) In Portugal.
(b) In Paraguay.
(c) In Constantinople.
(d) On the edge of Canada.
2. Where do Candide and Martin land at the end of the chapter?
3. Where does Cunegonde's brother learn Cunegonde is in Chapter 15?
(a) The city which they mean to attack.
(b) In prison awaiting her return to Lisbon.
(c) Hundreds of miles away in Brazil.
(d) On a ship headed back to Spain.
4. What effect does the execution in Chapter 23 have on Candide?
(a) He recalls the brutality of the Bulgarians.
(b) He is amused by the ignorance of the English.
(c) He stays in England to see another one.
(d) He is horrified and pays a Dutch captain to take him to Venice.
5. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
(a) He thinks Cunégonde is not worthy of Candide's attention.
(b) He does not think Candide has enough money or importance to marry her.
(c) He thinks that Cunégonde does not love Candide.
(d) He thinks Candide will try to kill Cunégonde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cunégonde's brother reside in Chapter 15?
2. How long do Candide and Martin have to stay on the Dutch ship before it sails?
3. When Cunegonde was taken prisoner by the captain, what did she become?
4. Why does Candide pay the Dutch captain to sail to Venice as soon as possible?
5. What angers the Baron when talking to Candide?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)