|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Baron taken to be buried with his parents?
(a) To the garbage dump.
(b) At the nearest cathedral.
(c) A Jesuit chapel.
(d) In the castle.
2. Where does Cunégonde see Candide for the first time after their separation?
(a) At the market.
(b) In the street.
(c) At mass.
(d) At the auto-da-fé.
3. What is Candide's reaction to the execution he sees in England?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is horrified.
4. What does Candide wear during his escape?
(a) A Jesuit robe.
(b) A suit of armor.
(c) Women's clothes.
(d) An Oreillon costume.
5. Where has Cunégonde been stabbed?
(a) On her arm.
(b) In her back.
(c) On her left side.
(d) On her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the man executed in England?
2. Who heals Cunégonde's brother after he is left for dead at the castle?
3. What kind of ship are Candide and Martin passengers on?
4. Who does the Bulgar captain sell Cunégonde to?
5. When Candide and Martin arrive in a new country after Paris, whose execution dot they observe?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)