|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the man on the deck of the naval vessel?
(a) He is given a commendation.
(b) He is shot in the head.
(c) He is given money.
(d) He is hanged.
2. Where is the Baron taken to be buried with his parents?
(a) A Jesuit chapel.
(b) In the castle.
(c) To the garbage dump.
(d) At the nearest cathedral.
3. What kind of ship are Candide and Martin passengers on?
(a) A Spanish ship.
(b) A Dutch ship.
(c) An Arab ship.
(d) A pirate ship.
4. Where has Cunégonde been stabbed?
(a) On her arm.
(b) In her back.
(c) On her leg.
(d) On her left side.
5. Who is this Grand Inquisitor?
(a) The man who ordered the attack on the Baron's castle.
(b) The man who once gave Candide a meal.
(c) The man who helped Candide get to Holland.
(d) The man who arranged the auto-da-fe in Lisbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cunegonde's brother react to Candide's plan to marry Cunegonde?
2. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
3. When Cunegonde was taken prisoner by the captain, what did she become?
4. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
5. Which two men share a house and Cunégonde, although she will not let either man touch her?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)