|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Candide and Martin end up after Paris?
(b) Madrid, Spain.
(c) Portsmouth, England.
2. Who does Candide make a bargain with?
(a) A priest.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A Spanish captain.
(d) A Dutch captain.
3. What does Candide do after the Baron hits him with his sword?
(a) He stabs the Baron.
(b) He slaps him back.
(c) He calls for help.
(d) He runs away.
4. What is Candide wearing when he and Cacambo escape after Candide kills Cunégonde's brother?
(a) His normal clothes.
(c) The Commandant's robe.
(d) A necklace from Cunégonde.
5. What does Candide wear during his escape?
(a) A Jesuit robe.
(b) Women's clothes.
(c) An Oreillon costume.
(d) A suit of armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the captain sell Cunégonde?
2. Whose execution do Candide and Martin witness in England?
3. Who is fighting a war with France?
4. Who is this Grand Inquisitor?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Cunegonde tell Candide had happened to her?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)