|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Bulgar captain sell Cunégonde to?
(a) The Grand Inquisitor.
(b) An Anabaptist.
(c) A Muslim.
(d) Don Issachar.
2. Where is the war that France is fighting?
(a) In Portugal.
(b) On the edge of Canada.
(c) In Paraguay.
(d) In Constantinople.
3. Where does Cunégonde's brother reside in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Candide make a bargain with?
(a) A priest.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A Spanish captain.
(d) A Dutch captain.
5. In what city do Martin and Candide land in England?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Candide wearing when he and Cacambo escape after Candide kills Cunégonde's brother?
2. What does Candide say about Cunégonde's scar?
3. How did Cunegonde react to Don Issachar?
4. Who is the court's banker?
5. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)