|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
(a) He does not think Candide has enough money or importance to marry her.
(b) He thinks Candide will try to kill Cunégonde.
(c) He thinks Cunégonde is not worthy of Candide's attention.
(d) He thinks that Cunégonde does not love Candide.
2. Why was the man executed in England?
(a) For failing to kill enough French men.
(b) For stealing bacon.
(c) For killing a fellow soldier.
(d) For eating too much bread.
3. When Cunegonde was taken prisoner by the captain, what did she become?
(a) His cook.
(b) His bed warmer.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His maid.
4. Who is the court's banker?
(a) Cunégonde's uncle.
(b) The Grand Inquisitor's illegitimate son.
(c) The old lady's husband.
(d) Don Issachar.
5. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
(a) A governor and priest.
(b) A Papal envoy to the Jesuits.
(c) A colonel and priest.
(d) A colonel and the governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who noticed Cunegonde at church?
2. When Candide and Martin arrive in a new country after Paris, whose execution dot they observe?
3. What kind of ship are Candide and Martin passengers on?
4. Why is Candide told the individual in Chapter 23 was being executed?
5. When Cunégonde's brother's troops attack the village in which Cunégonde lives, what is his intention?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)