|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Baron taken to be buried with his parents?
(a) At the nearest cathedral.
(b) To the garbage dump.
(c) A Jesuit chapel.
(d) In the castle.
2. Where does Cunégonde see Candide before being reunited with him by the old woman?
(a) At the gardens.
(b) At the plaza real.
(c) At the mercado.
(d) At the auto-da-fé.
3. Who is this Grand Inquisitor?
(a) The man who once gave Candide a meal.
(b) The man who arranged the auto-da-fe in Lisbon.
(c) The man who helped Candide get to Holland.
(d) The man who ordered the attack on the Baron's castle.
4. Why does the captain kill the Bulgarian who is attacking Cunégonde?
(a) The captain is angry that the rapist did not stop to show respect for the captain.
(b) The captain does not kill the Bulgarian.
(c) The captain is angry that the rapist did not kill Cunégonde.
(d) The captain is angry that he didn't get Cunégonde first.
5. Where do Candide and Martin end up after Paris?
(b) Madrid, Spain.
(c) Portsmouth, England.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the captain sell Cunégonde?
2. When Cunegonde was taken prisoner by the captain, what did she become?
3. How does Cunegonde's brother react to Candide's plan to marry Cunegonde?
4. What angers the Baron when talking to Candide?
5. Where does Cunégonde see Candide for the first time after their separation?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)