One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose execution do Candide and Martin witness in England?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A governor.
(d) An admiral.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Cunegonde tell Candide had happened to her?
(a) She hid in the castle cellar and escaped.
(b) She fainted, and when she woke up everyone was dead.
(c) She was protected by a Bulgarian captain.
(d) She was stabbed and raped.
3. What is Cunegonde's brother's position now in Paraguay?
(a) A Papal envoy to the Jesuits.
(b) A colonel and priest.
(c) A governor and priest.
(d) A colonel and the governor.
4. Why does Cunégonde's brother not approve of Candide's plan to marry his sister?
(a) He thinks that Cunégonde does not love Candide.
(b) He thinks Candide will try to kill Cunégonde.
(c) He thinks Cunégonde is not worthy of Candide's attention.
(d) He does not think Candide has enough money or importance to marry her.
5. Who noticed Cunegonde at church?
(a) The altar boys.
(b) The Grand Inquisitor.
(c) The parish priest.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Bulgar captain sell Cunégonde to?
2. Why does Candide pay the Dutch captain to sail to Venice as soon as possible?
3. Why is Candide told the individual in Chapter 23 was being executed?
4. What do the English think about killing an admiral every once in a while?
5. Where do Candide and Martin land at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)