|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
2. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
3. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
4. Who begins to make preparations for a card game with Pavel and the others?
5. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
Essay Topic 1
Pavel and his wife claim to love people, but they do not want to be too close to them.
Part 1: Can you love a person without being close to them?
Part 2: How do you think Pavel and his wife define the idea of love in relation to others?
Part 3: Do you think that you can love people without wanting to be close to them?
Essay Topic 2
The senior surgeon, Yevgenia Ustinovna, smokes constantly and even uses two fingers to raise her lips.
Part 1: Do you think that a doctor should smoke?
Part 2: Would you want to be under the care of a physician who is always smoking?
Part 3: Do you think that all doctors should be examples for their patients, in terms of healthy habits?
Essay Topic 3
Vadim has an important discovery to share with the world, so he makes it his life mission to use every moment he has.
Part 1: Do you think that everyone has something important to contribute to the world?
Part 2: How do you think that Vadim's cancer is impacting his work?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important to value every moment in one's life?
This section contains 1,536 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)