|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor decide he wants to do for Dontsova after listening to her symptoms?
2. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
3. Who does Lev seek out in order to find a better conversation than the one that is happening in the private room?
4. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
5. The idea of _______ socialism is something that Shulubin promotes when he is talking with Oleg about his past and the future.
Short Essay Questions
1. What have Pavel and Oleg decided to do at this point of the story instead of argue with each other?
2. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
3. What happened during the amnesty time to the person who led to the exile of the Kadmins?
4. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
5. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
6. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
7. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
8. What is the current health status of Vadim at the beginning of this section when Dyomka moves?
9. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
10. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oleg seems to be a bit of a playboy on the ward, falling in love with several women.
Part 1: Do you think a cancer ward is the best place for a person to find love?
Part 2: How do you think a person could create a healthy relationship in a hospital?
Part 3: Do you think patients should strike up relationships with their health care workers?
Essay Topic 2
Yefrem knows that he is fighting death and that he needs to do all he can while he is still alive.
Part 1: What is the value of life?
Part 2: How do you think you might react if you were given a short period to live?
Part 3: Why do you think people tend to create more personal goals as they come closer to death?
Essay Topic 3
Zoya knows that she wants to have a better life than the one that her family has had.
Part 1: Do you think that all people want to have a better life than those who came before them?
Part 2: How do you think you could improve your life right now?
Part 3: Is it possible to always create a new life, one that is different from one's parents?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)