|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor talks about how the present _________ has robbed children of their trusted family doctor.
2. Lev says that a woman will keep a man from doing something ______ in his life.
3. Vera finds out that Oleg has charmed Zoya to get out of having ___________.
4. The Kadmins, Oleg remembers, only found _______ in everything that happened to them.
5. How many letters per year was the husband of the worker allowed to have each year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
2. What happened during the amnesty time to the person who led to the exile of the Kadmins?
3. What happened when Oleg was assigned to the new place, exiled to live there forever by the government?
4. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
5. What does Dyomka's surgeon have to do immediately after the surgery at the start of this section?
6. What does Lev believe the purpose of the rounds are, so he makes sure to act accordingly?
7. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
8. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
9. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
10. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dontsova is committed to the healing of her patients, using up her energy and her time to help them before helping herself.
Part 1: Why do you think some doctors are committed to their patients and others are not?
Part 2: How do you think a patient might be able to find a helpful doctor?
Part 3: Do you think that all doctors should be as concerned about their patients as Dontsova?
Essay Topic 2
In his cancer treatment, Pavel is able to wear different things that the other patients, as well as to use a private room.
Part 1: Do you think that cancer can be treated more easily when a patient has certain creature comforts?
Part 2: How do you think the other patients felt about Pavel having the extra attention and perks?
Part 3: Why do you think Pavel felt that he needed to have better treatment than the other patients?
Essay Topic 3
Pavel is concerned about his daughter becoming a writer, thinking that she might be better off doing something else.
Part 1: Why do you think that Pavel is concerned about his child becoming a writer?
Part 2: How do you think Aviette's life would change if she became a writer?
Part 3: Why do you think parents have troubles with not being able to control the actions of their children?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)