|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Aviette brought for her father that were approved by the state?
2. The Kadmins, Oleg remembers, only found _______ in everything that happened to them.
3. What does Chaly offer to give to Pavel if Pavel gives him his phone number?
4. ___________ is told to go to Moscow in order to get her testing done because she is one of the doctors.
5. Who does not agree that justice was done in terms of the truck driver situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
2. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
3. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
4. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
5. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
6. What is the situation of the orderly with whom Oleg talks in the halls when he cannot sleep?
7. Why has Dr. Oreshchenkov been jailed and punished many times during his medical career?
8. What does Lev believe the purpose of the rounds are, so he makes sure to act accordingly?
9. Why does the zoo end up depressing Oleg when he is finally able to go there?
10. How did Dr. Oreshchenkov finally begin to have his private practice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oleg seems to be a bit of a playboy on the ward, falling in love with several women.
Part 1: Do you think a cancer ward is the best place for a person to find love?
Part 2: How do you think a person could create a healthy relationship in a hospital?
Part 3: Do you think patients should strike up relationships with their health care workers?
Essay Topic 2
Pavel and his wife claim to love people, but they do not want to be too close to them.
Part 1: Can you love a person without being close to them?
Part 2: How do you think Pavel and his wife define the idea of love in relation to others?
Part 3: Do you think that you can love people without wanting to be close to them?
Essay Topic 3
Oleg gives a series of lectures to the other patients in the ward, which helps to inform them of different treatments.
Part 1: Why do you think Oleg decides to spend his energy on giving lectures?
Part 2: How do you think the other patients are benefited by the lectures, aside from the information?
Part 3: Do you think it strange that a patient would be giving lectures on health?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)