|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lev points out that birch tree fungus is all the rage in ________, according to the medical world.
2. Who had a man she loved killed in the war, though she now loves Oleg?
3. At what Soviet university was Shulubin a professor before he came to the cancer ward to be treated?
4. __________ wants to get healthy, return to his village, marry, and have children, according to his plans.
5. Vera finds out that Oleg has charmed Zoya to get out of having ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
2. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
3. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
4. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
5. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
6. What does Pavel want to do now that he thinks he has been completely cured?
7. What does Dyomka's surgeon have to do immediately after the surgery at the start of this section?
8. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
9. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
10. Why does the zoo end up depressing Oleg when he is finally able to go there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zoya is a nurse who has too many patients and not enough support to help them all as much as they need to be helped.
Part 1: Why do you think a hospital would employ fewer nurses than they need?
Part 2: How do you think the care of patients is affected by not having enough nurses available?
Part 3: Do you think that Zoya and other nurses are working as hard as they could to cover the extra patients?
Essay Topic 2
It is very difficult to get admitted to the cancer ward, according to the patients.
Part 1: Why do you think it's so difficult to get admitted to the cancer ward?
Part 2: What might you do if you were unable to get admitted to a cancer ward?
Part 3: Do you think that all patients should be admitted for cancer treatment?
Essay Topic 3
Pavel Rusanov is an important man in the Soviet Union and he expects to be treated as such, no matter where he is.
Part 1: Do you think that importance is something that should be valued in society?
Part 2: Does it seem possible for a person to always be treated as if they are the most important person in the room?
Part 3: Why do you think Pavel is a person who expects to be important wherever he goes?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)