|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes the purpose of the rounds is to help cheer the patients up during their stay?
2. Who tells Oleg it would have been better to be in the prison camp than to be one who acted as a witness against those going to prison camps?
3. Where does Oleg go in order to go back to Ush-Terek?
4. How many letters per year was the husband of the worker allowed to have each year?
5. What are doctors expecting Pavel to develop at any moment of his current treatment program?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pavel knows that he has manipulated many people in order to get the things he has, but cancer will not respond in the same way.
Part 1: Do you think there is ever a good reason to manipulate someone else?
Part 2: How do you think manipulation can work in your favor?
Part 3: Why do you think Pavel feels that manipulation is the best way to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 2
The doctors and nurses have a no-nonsense attitude toward Pavel and his outbursts about how he is being treated.
Part 1: Why do you think Pavel wanted to report the care of the doctors and nurses?
Part 2: Do you think that Pavel has a case against the doctors and nurses? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a doctor and nurse should treat a patient who might be dying?
Essay Topic 3
It is very difficult to get admitted to the cancer ward, according to the patients.
Part 1: Why do you think it's so difficult to get admitted to the cancer ward?
Part 2: What might you do if you were unable to get admitted to a cancer ward?
Part 3: Do you think that all patients should be admitted for cancer treatment?
This section contains 1,561 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)