|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treatment has left Oleg feeling run down and less able to take the walks he used to take in the grounds?
2. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
3. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
4. Pavel hints at the fact that Shulubin is not a _________, to which Shulubin responds 'on the contrary.'
5. _________ comes out to see the family car when Pavel is taken back home by his family.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
2. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
3. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
4. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
5. What happened when Oleg was assigned to the new place, exiled to live there forever by the government?
6. What are physicians and nurses not allowed to do with the patients, according to the text?
7. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
8. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
9. What does Pavel want to do now that he thinks he has been completely cured?
10. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pavel believes he's the only one who understands what's going on in the world.
Part 1: Why do you think Pavel thinks so little of everyone else?
Part 2: Do you think that Pavel is reasonable in the way that he judges others?
Part 3: How are Pavel's judgments affecting his life and his health?
Essay Topic 2
Oleg seems to be a bit of a playboy on the ward, falling in love with several women.
Part 1: Do you think a cancer ward is the best place for a person to find love?
Part 2: How do you think a person could create a healthy relationship in a hospital?
Part 3: Do you think patients should strike up relationships with their health care workers?
Essay Topic 3
Dontsova is committed to the healing of her patients, using up her energy and her time to help them before helping herself.
Part 1: Why do you think some doctors are committed to their patients and others are not?
Part 2: How do you think a patient might be able to find a helpful doctor?
Part 3: Do you think that all doctors should be as concerned about their patients as Dontsova?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)