|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many had to simply agree with the _______ in order to protect themselves and their families.
2. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
3. Oleg becomes depressed when he realizes that he cannot ________ anything that he wants.
4. Who begins to make preparations for a card game with Pavel and the others?
5. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
Essay Topic 1
Pavel Rusanov is an important man in the Soviet Union and he expects to be treated as such, no matter where he is.
Part 1: Do you think that importance is something that should be valued in society?
Part 2: Does it seem possible for a person to always be treated as if they are the most important person in the room?
Part 3: Why do you think Pavel is a person who expects to be important wherever he goes?
Essay Topic 2
The doctors and nurses are unable to tell the patients that they are dying, even if that information is in their medical records.
Part 1: Why do you think telling patients about their health is not allowed?
Part 2: Would you want to know if you were dying? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think not telling the patients they are dying helps those on the cancer ward?
Essay Topic 3
Pavel is concerned about his daughter becoming a writer, thinking that she might be better off doing something else.
Part 1: Why do you think that Pavel is concerned about his child becoming a writer?
Part 2: How do you think Aviette's life would change if she became a writer?
Part 3: Why do you think parents have troubles with not being able to control the actions of their children?
This section contains 1,536 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)