|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ comes out to see the family car when Pavel is taken back home by his family.
2. Who is the new neighbor of Pavel beside him in the hospital room?
3. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
4. Which animal was removed from the cage when a visitor harmed them?
5. What is the reaction of the two women who were given the punishment they were given by Yuri for stealing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the zoo end up depressing Oleg when he is finally able to go there?
2. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
3. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
4. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
5. What does Pavel want to do now that he thinks he has been completely cured?
6. What is supposed to be all the rage in Moscow, according to the surgeon?
7. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
8. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
9. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
10. What does Dyomka make Oleg promise to do when he is released from the ward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zoya is a nurse who has too many patients and not enough support to help them all as much as they need to be helped.
Part 1: Why do you think a hospital would employ fewer nurses than they need?
Part 2: How do you think the care of patients is affected by not having enough nurses available?
Part 3: Do you think that Zoya and other nurses are working as hard as they could to cover the extra patients?
Essay Topic 2
Vadim has an important discovery to share with the world, so he makes it his life mission to use every moment he has.
Part 1: Do you think that everyone has something important to contribute to the world?
Part 2: How do you think that Vadim's cancer is impacting his work?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important to value every moment in one's life?
Essay Topic 3
Oleg loved being in Ush-Terek when he was exiled before coming to the cancer ward.
Part 1: Why do you think that Oleg was happy with being in exile?
Part 2: How do you think being in exile might impact a person's mental health?
Part 3: Do you think you would enjoy being in exile away from family and friends?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)