|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oleg leaves the hospital and takes the trolley into town, going to _________ while enjoying his freedom.
2. Who believes himself to be completely cured at this point of the story?
3. Out of the five doctors who are receiving pay, how many of them are capable of operating on patients?
4. Dontsova tells Vera to give Oleg some _________ before he is released to go home.
5. Vera says that she must write a _________ of Oleg's illness before he can be discharged from the hospital.
Essay Topic 1
Pavel knows that he has manipulated many people in order to get the things he has, but cancer will not respond in the same way.
Part 1: Do you think there is ever a good reason to manipulate someone else?
Part 2: How do you think manipulation can work in your favor?
Part 3: Why do you think Pavel feels that manipulation is the best way to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 2
The senior surgeon, Yevgenia Ustinovna, smokes constantly and even uses two fingers to raise her lips.
Part 1: Do you think that a doctor should smoke?
Part 2: Would you want to be under the care of a physician who is always smoking?
Part 3: Do you think that all doctors should be examples for their patients, in terms of healthy habits?
Essay Topic 3
Zoya knows that she wants to have a better life than the one that her family has had.
Part 1: Do you think that all people want to have a better life than those who came before them?
Part 2: How do you think you could improve your life right now?
Part 3: Is it possible to always create a new life, one that is different from one's parents?
This section contains 1,547 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)