|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dyomka want Oleg to go when he finally gets out of the hospital after he is treated?
2. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
3. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
4. The deserter was released during ____________ time, but this did not mean the Kadmins were free to go.
5. Dontsova believes that ________ medicine is always the better option for those who need health care.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the amnesty time to the person who led to the exile of the Kadmins?
2. Why does the zoo end up depressing Oleg when he is finally able to go there?
3. What does Oleg believe of exile in general, according to his own admission in this section?
4. How did Dr. Oreshchenkov finally begin to have his private practice?
5. What is the worry of Dontsova as Pavel continues to have injections in his treatment plan?
6. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
7. What is the current health status of Vadim at the beginning of this section when Dyomka moves?
8. What are physicians and nurses not allowed to do with the patients, according to the text?
9. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
10. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yefrem knows that he is fighting death and that he needs to do all he can while he is still alive.
Part 1: What is the value of life?
Part 2: How do you think you might react if you were given a short period to live?
Part 3: Why do you think people tend to create more personal goals as they come closer to death?
Essay Topic 2
Zoya knows that she wants to have a better life than the one that her family has had.
Part 1: Do you think that all people want to have a better life than those who came before them?
Part 2: How do you think you could improve your life right now?
Part 3: Is it possible to always create a new life, one that is different from one's parents?
Essay Topic 3
Dontsova has a thesis in progress, but she does not have the time to work on it because of her work in the cancer ward.
Part 1: Do you think that a thesis is something that should be more important than work?
Part 2: How do you think Dontsova might improve her work as a doctor if she were to be able to finish her thesis?
Part 3: Why do you think Dontsova doesn't have the time to complete it?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)