|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
2. How many injections has Pavel had at this point of the story, though they are helping his tumor shrink?
3. What does the woman from #138 want from Dyomka after she learns about her breast?
4. What was missing from the truck when the truck driver returned from a blizzard?
5. Oleg was in a situation where the _______________ were used only for the privileged in society.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
2. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
3. What are physicians and nurses not allowed to do with the patients, according to the text?
4. What happened when Oleg was assigned to the new place, exiled to live there forever by the government?
5. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
6. What is happening with the treatment for Vadim according to the text in this chapter?
7. What does Dyomka's surgeon have to do immediately after the surgery at the start of this section?
8. What does Lev tell Oleg about women and how they affect men in their lives?
9. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
10. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vadim has an important discovery to share with the world, so he makes it his life mission to use every moment he has.
Part 1: Do you think that everyone has something important to contribute to the world?
Part 2: How do you think that Vadim's cancer is impacting his work?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important to value every moment in one's life?
Essay Topic 2
It is very difficult to get admitted to the cancer ward, according to the patients.
Part 1: Why do you think it's so difficult to get admitted to the cancer ward?
Part 2: What might you do if you were unable to get admitted to a cancer ward?
Part 3: Do you think that all patients should be admitted for cancer treatment?
Essay Topic 3
In his cancer treatment, Pavel is able to wear different things that the other patients, as well as to use a private room.
Part 1: Do you think that cancer can be treated more easily when a patient has certain creature comforts?
Part 2: How do you think the other patients felt about Pavel having the extra attention and perks?
Part 3: Why do you think Pavel felt that he needed to have better treatment than the other patients?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)