|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While it is the second anniversary of _______ death, there is only a small article in the paper about this event, which disappoints Pavel.
2. What does Oleg decide to buy for Vera when he begins to go to her house to see her?
3. What does Oleg learn about Lev during this section of the story? Lev has been __________.
4. Who disagrees with Aviette when she is talking with her father?
5. Who has become one of Oleg's adversaries at this point of the story?
Essay Topic 1
It is very difficult to get admitted to the cancer ward, according to the patients.
Part 1: Why do you think it's so difficult to get admitted to the cancer ward?
Part 2: What might you do if you were unable to get admitted to a cancer ward?
Part 3: Do you think that all patients should be admitted for cancer treatment?
Essay Topic 2
Pavel knows that he has manipulated many people in order to get the things he has, but cancer will not respond in the same way.
Part 1: Do you think there is ever a good reason to manipulate someone else?
Part 2: How do you think manipulation can work in your favor?
Part 3: Why do you think Pavel feels that manipulation is the best way to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 3
Pavel believes he's the only one who understands what's going on in the world.
Part 1: Why do you think Pavel thinks so little of everyone else?
Part 2: Do you think that Pavel is reasonable in the way that he judges others?
Part 3: How are Pavel's judgments affecting his life and his health?
This section contains 1,556 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)