|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides that Oleg should not see Vera so he is told that she is not there?
2. How old is the doctor whose house Donstova visits at the start of this section?
3. What will Dontsova not read because she doesn't want to know what they say about her?
4. What department does Dontsova turn over to Vera when she travels away from the hospital?
5. What does Oleg realize about Vera when she comes with Zoya to examine him while on rounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens because Dontsova is a doctor who is seeking medical testing and evaluation?
2. Why is Dyomka moved out of the cancer ward at the beginning of this section?
3. What happens when Oleg goes to visit Vera at her home once he is released?
4. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
5. What happens as soon as Dontsova goes into the house of Dr. Oreshchenkov?
6. What is supposed to be all the rage in Moscow, according to the surgeon?
7. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
8. What does Dyomka's surgeon have to do immediately after the surgery at the start of this section?
9. What does Lev believe the purpose of the rounds are, so he makes sure to act accordingly?
10. What is the situation of the orderly with whom Oleg talks in the halls when he cannot sleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pavel believes he's the only one who understands what's going on in the world.
Part 1: Why do you think Pavel thinks so little of everyone else?
Part 2: Do you think that Pavel is reasonable in the way that he judges others?
Part 3: How are Pavel's judgments affecting his life and his health?
Essay Topic 2
Pavel and his wife claim to love people, but they do not want to be too close to them.
Part 1: Can you love a person without being close to them?
Part 2: How do you think Pavel and his wife define the idea of love in relation to others?
Part 3: Do you think that you can love people without wanting to be close to them?
Essay Topic 3
Zoya knows that she wants to have a better life than the one that her family has had.
Part 1: Do you think that all people want to have a better life than those who came before them?
Part 2: How do you think you could improve your life right now?
Part 3: Is it possible to always create a new life, one that is different from one's parents?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)