Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vera learns there will be an ________ the next day so the hospital staff needs to put away anything that was not a part of what was issued to the hospital.
2. Where was Oleg first when he was diagnosed with cancer, though he was not told of his test results?
3. When Pavel talks to his doctor about his condition, his doctor tells him that he does not have ___________.
4. The nurse tells Kapa that there is no possibility for ___________ in the hospital, even though they might be more important than others.
5. It is revealed that Pavel is a(n) _____________ supervisor and was instrumental in having many people removed from the town.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the head man want to throw Oleg out of the hospital during the inspection?
2. What does Oleg want to know about the hormone therapy that he is taking?
3. What happens during a smoke break in a private room after the rounds are completed?
4. What does the orderly do though she has only completed a part of her job?
5. What does Oleg do when he is finally released from the hospital?
6. How does Zoya break the rules with the other patients in the ward after Kostoglotov asks to see her books?
7. Why does Dontsova have far more radiation in her body than is healthy for a person to have?
8. What does Dontsova tell Vera to do when Oleg is given permission to go home?
9. Why were the Kadmins, friends of Oleg, exiled from their home as well in the past?
10. What is the opinion that Dontsova has of socialized medicine about which the other doctor realizes he cannot sway her?
Oleg seems to be a bit of a playboy on the ward, falling in love with several women.
Part 1: Do you think a cancer ward is the best place for a person to find love?
Part 2: How do you think a person could create a healthy relationship in a hospital?
Part 3: Do you think patients should strike up relationships with their health care workers?
The doctors and nurses have a no-nonsense attitude toward Pavel and his outbursts about how he is being treated.
Part 1: Why do you think Pavel wanted to report the care of the doctors and nurses?
Part 2: Do you think that Pavel has a case against the doctors and nurses? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a doctor and nurse should treat a patient who might be dying?
Dontsova is committed to the healing of her patients, using up her energy and her time to help them before helping herself.
Part 1: Why do you think some doctors are committed to their patients and others are not?
Part 2: How do you think a patient might be able to find a helpful doctor?
Part 3: Do you think that all doctors should be as concerned about their patients as Dontsova?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)