Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavel want his wife to research when she goes back home from the hospital?
2. Someone wanted to throw Oleg out of the hospital because he was not from ________, according to his recollection.
3. Which of the patients is announced to have died during this portion of the story?
4. Who looks at the patients with contempt and refuses to learn more about them?
5. How does Zoya get to her job at the hospital ward, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have Pavel and Oleg decided to do at this point of the story instead of argue with each other?
2. What does Pavel do with the other patients in the ward since he does not want to learn their names when he sees them?
3. What happens as a result of Pavel and his wife making a number of calls before Pavel is admitted to the cancer ward?
4. What does Vera find in Oleg's cabinet before an inspection of the ward?
5. What is the advice that Oleg gives to Zoya when they are talking at the nurses station?
6. What is supposed to be all the rage in Moscow, according to the surgeon?
7. What is the situation of the orderly with whom Oleg talks in the halls when he cannot sleep?
8. What does Dyomka's surgeon have to do immediately after the surgery at the start of this section?
9. How does Zoya break the rules with the other patients in the ward after Kostoglotov asks to see her books?
10. What is the physical symptom that Dontsova is experiencing though she does not tell anyone about it?
Pavel believes he's the only one who understands what's going on in the world.
Part 1: Why do you think Pavel thinks so little of everyone else?
Part 2: Do you think that Pavel is reasonable in the way that he judges others?
Part 3: How are Pavel's judgments affecting his life and his health?
Yefrem knows that he is fighting death and that he needs to do all he can while he is still alive.
Part 1: What is the value of life?
Part 2: How do you think you might react if you were given a short period to live?
Part 3: Why do you think people tend to create more personal goals as they come closer to death?
In his cancer treatment, Pavel is able to wear different things that the other patients, as well as to use a private room.
Part 1: Do you think that cancer can be treated more easily when a patient has certain creature comforts?
Part 2: How do you think the other patients felt about Pavel having the extra attention and perks?
Part 3: Why do you think Pavel felt that he needed to have better treatment than the other patients?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)